What BFG ???

Mad Rag
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I’m in the market for my first BFG. I have around £100. I can’t decide between one TRMR or two dynatex’s.

I am going more so for the dynatex as I can would be able to get 2 but I’m not sure. Any advice options are as always greatly appreciated.

Since we are on the topic of BFG here is an image of him....

image.jpeg.03f4ca572d2f2099ccae46293e70a5d3.jpeg

Never had a Dynatex but I've got a TRMR and they're very good. Both have a good rep.

Quite heavy and I'd recommend a multi base if you do get one. Very simple device and easy to service.

IIRC you can get a timed and an impact version of the dynatex but only impact for the TRMR.

I don't often get a good opportunity to throw one so rarely take it out with me. BUT when I have it's done what it should and long term a lot cheaper than MK5 or similar.

When I'm happy to throw money away I opt for pea grenades, they're a lot more fun and easy to lob with accuracy.

(Always tempted to fill one with additional confetti for a laugh... :lol: should work?!)

I've got both. Dynatex impact being my first BFG and then my second being TRMR.

I really rate my Dynatex, when I purchased it, it was £55. I could be wrong...BUT I don't think its never not gone off (I'm not a woodland player). TRMR is equally as good however, I would say owning both. The Dynatex wins on value for money.

The only thing I like more about my TRMR is the multi base (which is another £25 quid) but its nice have 3 primers before having to 'reload'. 

3 minutes ago, SgtTalbert said:

I've got both. Dynatex impact being my first BFG and then my second being TRMR.

I really rate my Dynatex, when I purchased it, it was £55. I could be wrong...BUT I don't think its never not gone off (I'm not a woodland player). TRMR is equally as good however, I would say owning both. The Dynatex wins on value for money.

The only thing I like more about my TRMR is the multi base (which is another £25 quid) but its nice have 3 primers before having to 'reload'. 

Thats about the same price i'm looking at i think dynatex is what im going to get first then will get a trmr down the line. where do you get your primers? 

34 minutes ago, Immortal said:

(Always tempted to fill one with additional confetti for a laugh... :lol: should work?!)

Please do this 

1 minute ago, Mad Rag said:

Thats about the same price i'm looking at i think dynatex is what im going to get first then will get a trmr down the line. where do you get your primers? 

Please do this 

Just from my site, they are only £5 for 100

9 minutes ago, SgtTalbert said:

Just from my site, they are only £5 for 100

is that just bought on a game day?

8 minutes ago, Mad Rag said:

A game a few months ago; other team had to retrieve the dummy on a stretcher from our end of the map.

A few of my mates booby trapped it with a pea grenade... :lol:

They pulled the pin when they lifted it up... (hidden blue chord was what pulled the pin).

Video courtesy of a Marshal.

1 minute ago, Immortal said:

Video courtesy of a Marshal.

omg that is bloody brilliant 

Just now, SgtTalbert said:

Yep - Indeedy

hmm not sure if my place does them will need to find out 

I’ve got a trmr with a multi shot base, really good bit of kit for hard surfaces but sometimes I wish I had another as you can’t always safely retrieve it and would be handy to throw another or if like at the gaol you die and you haven’t pushed forward enough to retrieve it you have to leave it 

31 minutes ago, ProPain87 said:

I’ve got a trmr with a multi shot base, really good bit of kit for hard surfaces but sometimes I wish I had another as you can’t always safely retrieve it and would be handy to throw another or if like at the gaol you die and you haven’t pushed forward enough to retrieve it you have to leave it 

thats my thinking with the dynatex i can get 2 with my budget. i mean ok fair its only one shot.

I used to reload my single shot base on the way back to spawn if I could. Not sure how easy the dynatex are to reload tho. The trmr are a bit heavy but are blingy 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Mad Rag said:

thats my thinking with the dynatex i can get 2 with my budget. i mean ok fair its only one shot.

Three shots but you have to retrieve it, versus two independent ones is pretty much a wash.  Sometimes one will be better, sometimes another.  It's all good though.

One thing I will note is that the twist-to-arm on the TRMR is a great feature, or more specifically the twist to disarm.  Trying to shove a pin back into a grenade can be a bit iffy, although it'll be easier on the impact than on the timed.

• Supporters

If your after your first BFG’s I’d definitely say go Dynatex , and I’d also say either scour the sales threads or scrape a few more beer tokens together and get one of each , that way you’ve covered all eventualities with both impact and timed . Bit of an oxymoron but Dynatex’s really are bombproof I’ve got one that I’ve had for 17yrs and I bought it 2nd hand so god knows how old it is and I’ve NEVER done any maintenance on It bar sticking a squirt of oil down the hole every couple of years ! 😂

I have a TMRM or whatever, and a multi base, worked out very dear but quite useful.

I do wish I had found and bought a timed grenade though.... Would have been more useful in the long term.

All depends on the terrain of the places you play most, If you play somewhere with a mix of woodland and indoors id say go with a timed. If you play mainly indoors then I'd go with an impact, both brands are great its what option you really need vs. want.

• Supporters

I believe that OP is only contemplating the impact Dynatexen given the price point, although I would agree that timed are more flexible at they'll go off outdoors, or can be bowled further or bounced round corners indoors.

In an indoor site with hard surfaces, a mix of impact and timed is ultimately what to aim for - they have their own strengths and weaknesses.

25 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I believe that OP is only contemplating the impact Dynatexen given the price point, although I would agree that timed are more flexible at they'll go off outdoors, or can be bowled further or bounced round corners indoors.

In an indoor site with hard surfaces, a mix of impact and timed is ultimately what to aim for - they have their own strengths and weaknesses.

Ah must have misinterpreted what he said/not read properly. Point still stands though.

I think I have a BFG obsession...current count is 12 (mix of timed and impact)

9 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

What about an Alpha-Tec Hex? Like a TRMR but with 6 shot multi shot base?

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/alpha-tec-hex-multi-shot-impact-grenade-blue

Those things are bloody awful

1 minute ago, Steveocee said:

Team mate has one, never been an issue. My TRMR goes off maybe 50% of the time.

Few guys I know bought them, the "rocker" or whatever you want to call it that knocks the firing pin literally fell apart on all of them (5 in total) but having said that I guess you get lemons with every batch but would be massively coincidental for a team of people to all get lemons. Personally wouldn't touch them with a barge pole considering how well both my timed and impacts (mix of TRMR & Dynatex) work...specially after now being able to give them a bit of a service.

I'm a big fan of 12g . I know the majority of places don't allow but if you have places that do they are great. So if you can get original dyno or swat I think one of the impacts do a 12g base. I know people have had issues with swats customer service but its a good grenade. Keep an eye out for 2nd hand. If I had to go impact or timed, (I have both) timed every time. 

18 minutes ago, heroshark said:

I'm a big fan of 12g . I know the majority of places don't allow but if you have places that do they are great. So if you can get original dyno or swat I think one of the impacts do a 12g base. I know people have had issues with swats customer service but its a good grenade. Keep an eye out for 2nd hand. If I had to go impact or timed, (I have both) timed every time. 

How do they compare with Magflash? Those things are freaking amazing!

24 minutes ago, heroshark said:

The old police impacts take 12g and haven't failed me once, not sure how easy they are to come by now.

5 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

How do they compare with Magflash? Those things are freaking amazing!

Just bloody loud! not much flash in comparison but I believe the mag flash have a much higher magnesium concentration. I know some places that have banned them as they fling out specs of magnesium that goes straight through clothes etc.

Archived