DIY kit and useful little Airsoft hacks .

Druid799
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This one actually is my brother, he makes Myers Masks...

IMG_3239.thumb.JPG.8bcb7d83f8c51d16c067118dfd9aca05.JPG

Always makes me laugh that the original mask from the first movie is made from a Kirk mask from Star Trek....

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Immortal said:

Always makes me laugh that the original mask from the first movie is made from a Kirk mask from Star Trek....

You're Shatnering us...

Oh, wait, confirmed:

2 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Off topic I know, but Shatner used to be massively into his Paintball

He certainly did

518YZ92RT9L._SY445_.jpg.98bad2915eb13b2c7addde57fcb57faa.jpg

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, MagpieAirsoft said:

He certainly did

518YZ92RT9L._SY445_.jpg.98bad2915eb13b2c7addde57fcb57faa.jpg

No eye pro ! 😱

Naughty Shatner !  bad Shatner ! 

😂😂😂

On 10/05/2019 at 17:39, Immortal said:

This one actually is my brother, he makes Myers Masks...

Are his masks Airsoft safe ? Can you imagine the reaction in a nice’n dark CQB site ? The other players would absolutely shit them selves ! 😈😈😈

🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Can you imagine the reaction in a nice’n dark CQB site ? The other players would absolutely shit them selves ! 😈 😈 😈

I would, especially if you haven't seen him in the safe zone

I'm working on converting a few SCAR H high caps into mid caps. The plan is to get some of the ares short midcaps and secure them inside the scar mag sleeve with a 3D printed floor plate.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, PopRocket123 said:

I'm working on converting a few SCAR H high caps into mid caps. The plan is to get some of the ares short midcaps and secure them inside the scar mag sleeve with a 3D printed floor plate.

I did a similar conversion job for my SA58 as mids are like hens teeth to find AND there bloody expensive if you do find them so I made my own .

I took a JG high-cap cut away most of the internals

34nsivk.jpg

but left enough of the feed tube so I can sand it down to fit in the feed well of a Mid-cap 

2191lpu.jpg

then took a VN mid and again with liberal use of a dremel and a belt sander to reduce its size so it'll fit inside the hi-cap shell , then a good 'dollop' of epoxy to hold it in place .

6rj7m1.jpg

Then put it back together like normal and they worked fine , after I posted a ‘how too’ on Arnies I know of at least one chap who converted a load of scar H hi’s in to mids this way .

👍

November last year I was find a need for a plate carrier but couldn't find anything that didn't impede my ability to crouch and crall and fitted my very skinny upper body tightly so it doesn't wiggle about a lover the place. A week or two of trawling ebay I came across some surplus 500d cordua mtp fabric and about a month of taking measurements and going though about 5 revisions on the disine I managed to make this.

This was my first time let lose on a sewing machine so it is rough around the edges but it's held up to the abuse that I've given it. The cumberbun is reversible depending on whether i want pouches mounted vertically or horizontaly. 

Making this has realy set my mind racing with ideas but next up is going to be a chest rig for my p90

IMG_20190108_230529.jpg

IMG_20181123_150811.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Another one of my sewing endeavours was to add knee-pad pockets to some surplus MTP trousers using left over material from the PC I made earlier, and hopefully expanding for a full MTP loadout at some point.

I'm going to be using the knee-pad inserts from some other trousers so they can just be swapped over depending on what I want to run on a particular day.

Turns out to be pretty easy to prototype on baking parchment to get the dimensions right, but sewing on to  an already complete trouser leg is more difficult than it seams and the pockets are a bit off centre so it's not 100% in the right place when you kneel down but it easy enough to shuffle around and get comfy. Before sewing the pocket on I also added some Velcro to the outside of the leg so that the knee-pad didn't just pop out.

IMG_20190523_205614.jpg

IMG_20190523_205702.jpg

IMG_20190524_002028.jpg

Ive nothing really innovative, but do have a Few really simple tips and hacks, for newer players especially. 

1. Putting carabiners or something similar on the elastic of your mag pouches (pictured). Makes it much easier to pull the elastic chord out the way when grabbing a fresh mag, especially if you've gloves on and want to do it quickly. 

2. Cable tie everything to your rig. Once your happy with your set up, pouches, holsters etc, cable tie them. I found at first that the press stud buttons were always coming undone with all the running around and crouching, going prone etc. And pistols holsters can slip off the hooks that hold them in place on a rig. Simply add cable ties behind them, lashing them to your rig. This makes them less likely to pop out of come undone if you pull the cable ties tight. And even if they do they are still attached to you with the ties so you wont drop or lose anything.

Screenshot_20190524-102304_Gallery.jpg

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Luke85 said:

Putting carabiners or something similar on the elastic of your mag pouches (pictured). Makes it much easier to pull the elastic chord out the way when grabbing a fresh mag, especially if you've gloves on and want to do it quickly. 

Screenshot_20190524-102304_Gallery.jpg

Mate you do realise that’s the WHOLE point of the webbing tabs on the bungee cord ?  

You sit the tab on top of the magazine , then when you need a re-load you just pull the bungee off the fresh mag by pulling the tab either forward or backwards  ! 😳

I do, but those tabs are small and can easily and all too often do end up in hard to reach places ie inbetween 2 mags.  A small carabiner is much easier and faster to grab and pull without even having to look, especially with gloves on. Be condescending as much as you like, but I wouldn't have shared anything I hadn't personally found to be really helpful. Was talking to a currently still serving marine at a game last year about just this and he said most soldiers add allsorts of little adjustments and clips, ties, etc to their kit. Whatever works for them to make things easier, just sharing my two cents.

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Luke85 said:

I do, but those tabs are small and can easily and all too often do end up in hard to reach places ie inbetween 2 mags.  A small carabiner is much easier and faster to grab and pull without even having to look, especially with gloves on. Be condescending as much as you like, but I wouldn't have shared anything I hadn't personally found to be really helpful. Was talking to a currently still serving marine at a game last year about just this and he said most soldiers add allsorts of little adjustments and clips, ties, etc to their kit. Whatever works for them to make things easier, just sharing my two cents.

Wasn’t be intentionally condescending ,  but you had posted a picture of the Carabiner literally sat on top of the pull tab and all you’d said was “X Y Z” . Now if you’d said “I find it’s much easier to use a small carabiner to pull the cord off the mags than the webbing tabs” I’d more than likely have thought “thats a good idea , probably easier to grab than the webbing tabs” but unfortunately the way you worded it suggested you thought you’d just re-invented the wheel ! Hence I replied as if I was answering someone who appeared to not have a clue (which does happen a LOT on most equipment based hobbie forums) . See where I’m coming from bud ?  

Fair enough Druid799....now have I told you about that time I reinvented the wheel 😁

Stiching the tabs inplace works too. Sadly Im crap with a needle and thread, also dont mind the weight of a few carabiners. I always bring a few spare bungee chords straps and cable ties and carabiners to games anyhow, come in really handy from time to time.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Luke85 said:

Fair enough Druid799....now have I told you about that time I reinvented the wheel 😁

Stiching the tabs inplace works too. Sadly Im crap with a needle and thread, also dont mind the weight of a few carabiners. I always bring a few spare bungee chords straps and cable ties and carabiners to games anyhow, come in really handy from time to time.

Don't the carabiners wobble about about a bit, slapping on stuff when moving, causing noise etc ?

25 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Don't the carabiners wobble about about a bit, slapping on stuff when moving, causing noise etc ?

No, I find the elastic on the mag pouches to be sufficiently tight enough to hold them in place pretty snug. The elastics so tight in fact that its why I felt the need to add the something more to help me pull it out the way. 

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters
On 09/05/2019 at 01:04, MagpieAirsoft said:

Only did it yesterday, first skirmishes a week Sunday to try it out properly. 

Just an update bud , I did get one and mod’ed as you had (only difference I used a small spring shackle) and I must say I bloody love it ! Used it last wk with my new 416 and it was sooooo comfortable to use wether the gun was slung with it as a 2 or 1 point sling . 

19 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Just an update bud , I did get one and mod’ed as you had (only difference I used a small spring shackle) and I must say I bloody love it ! Used it last wk with my new 416 and it was sooooo comfortable to use wether the gun was slung with it as a 2 or 1 point sling . 

Nice one!  I have used mine several times and its holding up well, no complaints.

Glad you have found it useful too. 

Archived