Any Decent Youtube Sniper Channels

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

KM airsoft reputation is on a par with that of Jimmy Savilles baby sitting rep

I'm playing at AP on the 15th of June for a charity event and Mr. Mustang is due to be there so I'll report back on whether I have all my teeth and other facial features intact after then... Well, actually I'm heavily considering investing in some more comfortable lower-face protection for this exact reason tbh because I usually don't run any but I'd sooner not be that one AIRSOFTER who GETS MAD over LOSING TEETH from CRAZY HEADSHOT WITH SNIPER THAT SHOULD BE BANNED!

• Supporters
On 12/05/2019 at 17:40, Samurai said:

Why would they ban him, if the rules said that you chrono with 0.20g? If the rules said joules on the weight you play, and he still did that, then that's cheating. Otherwise it's just bad rules, but it's not cheating.

Plus, we are playing airsoft so headshots are expected. You crying about it and calling him names, that's really bad in my opinion. How is this even acceptable?

Context: I play in shooting glasses. Just today I got shot in the eyebrow from 1m, and blood was dripping. I didn't want to ban headshots. I shaked the guy's hand because it was a good shot.

because a hot gun is a hot gun no matter how you made it happen, joule creep isn't magically acceptable because it's easy, in the same way swapping a quick change spring post-chrono, or diddling the regulator on your hpa isn't acceptable just because they're easy.

yes headshots are to be accepted in this sport, especially given how regularly the head is pretty much the only visible bit of someone to shoot at. it happens. however to intentionally go for headshots when you have a much easier body shot available is not good sportsmanship, even worse to film it and chuck it on the internet to let the world see the poor sucker you've just smacked twitch when it's patently obvious you could have aimed elsewhere.

as far as i'm concerned you should aim centre of mass of what you can see, if you can only see someone's face then fair enough fire away, but if you can see their body then aim for the body.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

yes headshots are to be accepted in this sport, especially given how regularly the head is pretty much the only visible bit of someone to shoot at. it happens. however to intentionally go for headshots when you have a much easier body shot available is not good sportsmanship, even worse to film it and chuck it on the internet to let the world see the poor sucker you've just smacked twitch when it's patently obvious you could have aimed elsewhere.

I've been sniping for a while. You don't go for headshots but still hit the head most of the time when it happens. Youtubers edit the crosshair to be at the impact to seem more accurate and create controversial content to generate views. Don't believe what's on the internetz.

Using joule creep to go above the limits is bad practice IMO and I frown upon it, but if the rule says they chrono with 0.2 then that's the rule, you can't ban someone because of JC - which this argument was about. By all means, update the rule, JC is not a new thing anymore.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Samurai said:

I've been sniping for a while. You don't go for headshots but still hit the head most of the time when it happens. Youtubers edit the crosshair to be at the impact to seem more accurate and create controversial content to generate views. Don't believe what's on the internetz.

Using joule creep to go above the limits is bad practice IMO and I frown upon it, but if the rule says they chrono with 0.2 then that's the rule, you can't ban someone because of JC - which this argument was about. By all means, update the rule, JC is not a new thing anymore.

KM has shown on his videos shots where it's pretty unrealistic to expect someone of his experience managed to aim for the chest and miss by nearly 2 feet to score a perfect headshot, even when the rest of that video shows him to be perfectly capable of making much harder hits.

i get your point about joule creep and badly worded rules, but we've had this debate on here before, the short version is that energy is energy, and regardless of what unit is quoted as the limit it's still the limit. would someone who'd quick changed their spring to go from 2.5j to 3j be ripe for banning?

18 hours ago, BibbsOnTour said:

I'm playing at AP on the 15th of June for a charity event and Mr. Mustang is due to be there so I'll report back on whether I have all my teeth and other facial features intact after then... Well, actually I'm heavily considering investing in some more comfortable lower-face protection for this exact reason tbh because I usually don't run any but I'd sooner not be that one AIRSOFTER who GETS MAD over LOSING TEETH from CRAZY HEADSHOT WITH SNIPER THAT SHOULD BE BANNED!

See you there.

• 3 months later...

Foxgreen is an Irish airsoft sniper, who gives grest commentary and gameplay tips. His videos are really well liked so hopefully you get something from them... most recent one is here, but worth checking his older ones too.

Archived