ASG MK23 or TM MK23

Allen428
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’m planing on buying a TM MK23 but I keep putting it off as can’t decide if the ASG MK23 is worth a go at half of the price of the TM. Has anyone owned both that can compare there performance, is it worth getting the ASG or just pay the extra for the TM?

I am pretty sure this has been asked before on here so a search might produce some results. 

This chart was found quickly on Google

683e60_e3f1507324884ff786cc2fcc70854609_mv2_d_1376_2018_s_2.thumb.png.ec560810fa354779574971b3e92576d9.png

3 minutes ago, MagpieAirsoft said:

I am pretty sure this has been asked before on here so a search might produce some results. 

This chart was found quickly on Google

683e60_e3f1507324884ff786cc2fcc70854609_mv2_d_1376_2018_s_2.thumb.png.ec560810fa354779574971b3e92576d9.png

I’ve already done a search on here and google and everyone seems to say get a TM but most of them have never tried both or any of them and just say TM. I’m after someone’s option who has owned or tried both models and can compare there performance.

Tbh once you make all the regular tweaks to your desire on both models there's nothing in it. Main thing to consider is do you want trades ? And also the other elements that come with the tm. They are easy enough to sell on if not. Even the mag if you don't want to be fixing the over pressure valve down the line and just run it on clone mags.

37 minutes ago, Allen428 said:

I’ve already done a search on here and google and everyone seems to say get a TM but most of them have never tried both or any of them and just say TM. I’m after someone’s option who has owned or tried both models and can compare there performance.

I've tried both. TM was the better gun, ASG have better mags. Buy the TM ditch the mag and buy ASG ones...

I have both, I 'upgraded' the TM and it worked pretty poorly but this was obviously down to me not the gun, the gun was SUPER fecking fine from day one until  touched it. 

The ASG worked just as good (at cqb setting) until an issue where it was loading two bbs at once and no one could work out why and I was basically told its cheap so not worth paying a tech to sort. I agreed.

Now I have 2, both of which dont work properly (have been saying for over a year that I will sort the TM though :D )

If you are going to chuck new stuff into it, and play around with it then I would grab an ASG personally!!

I went with an STTi. (Cheaper than ASG)

Most people tend to upgrade them anyway so once you apply the mods like TDC, barrel and h-plate they are more or less the same unless you are really bothered about the shade and texture of the outer plastic.

The suppressor on the TM is good and the ASG/STTi/clone one needs a LOT of work to make it work properly but they the stock one is properly long which lowers mobility. @Samurai makes good shorter ones which I'm yet to buy but will once I get some spare cash.

Clones can e a little clunky and need a bit of love to get them working properly but that's the only downside to saving £100.

• Head Moderator
3 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

I've tried both. TM was the better gun, ASG have better mags. Buy the TM ditch the mag and buy ASG ones...

I have both mag types; whilst the ASG one holds gas better, personally I prefer the lips on the TM mags for loading BBs as well as its wider side opening.

3 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

i didnt like the ASG mags becuase of random feeding issues below the feed lips , idd go to shoot someone only for it dry fire , idd pull the mag out and have to give the bb follower a little nudge ,  tm mags for me but need modding

38 minutes ago, Careless said:

i didnt like the ASG mags becuase of random feeding issues below the feed lips , idd go to shoot someone only for it dry fire , idd pull the mag out and have to give the bb follower a little nudge ,  tm mags for me but need modding

You can help fix that. 

3 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

I have both mag types; whilst the ASG one holds gas better, personally I prefer the lips on the TM mags for loading BBs as well as its wider side opening.

Modded the feedlips slightly, never had an issue

19 hours ago, heroshark said:

You can help fix that. 

yea tryed smoothing off the inside of the lips on the ramp part where it seems to catch , probably could of put more effort into it but easier for me to buy tm mags and modd them and have them work ,

Archived