G&g cm16 mod0 combat machine gearbox upgrade, Help!

Thatladmac
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’m looking in to upgrade my cm16, I want to put it up to 11.1 lipo from a 7.4 but I don’t think the gear box would handle it, is there any gearbox upgrades or other gearboxes that’s would fit in to? As I find the fire rate on a 7.4 is a little slow and I want to increased that along side my FPS, range and  Accuracy.  And I have also not don’t an upgrade gun yet and I would to do it to this one 

image.jpg

2 hours ago, Steveocee said:

By the time you've spent on gearbox upgrades and mosfets you'll have spent more than it's worth so may be worth looking at a new RIF?

Not really, can get good compression parts and a basic mosfet for £50-60

That’s what I was thinking but unsure which internal parts to get for it as I think I will need to upgrade my piston to a metal tooth and maybe my gears and bearings, but also thinking about purchasing the g&g wild hog 13.5 inch and then looking it to upgrading the cm16 mod0 after 

As you're new to upgrade work I highly recommend getting another AEG first and then looking to upgrade one or the other.  This means that when / if you do break it you'll still have something to use.  That said a set of SLD / Rocket 13:1 gears with a High Torque motor is a good place to start once you've made sure the compression parts are working as they should.  If not then look at getting a new cylinder head, nozzle and piston head. 

I'm just firing from the hip here but hopefully it gives you a little understanding of what to look for. 

Archived