Hi all

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, I've been thinking about starting airsoft for past few months and I've found a site locally that looks really good. 

My names Jack 30 years of age from Kent, UK. 

The issues I'm having is when I'm ready to buy my first gun. Does it have to be 2 toned or should I look in to black version? 

Thanks all

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).  

Rent when playing your 3 games in no less than 2 months to get site membership (and UKARA), and then buy a RIF.   Whilst you are renting, do research on what gun you want to buy.  Much better than just rushing out to buy a gun, an IF (two tone) gun, when a bit of a wait means you have more options.

Have a read of the pinned (sticky) posts in each section, some good information for new players.

1 hour ago, Jedi_Master said:

Rent when playing your 3 games in no less than 2 months to get site membership (and UKARA), and then buy a RIF.   Whilst you are renting, do research on what gun you want to buy.  Much better than just rushing out to buy a gun, an IF (two tone) gun, when a bit of a wait means you have more options.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
what he said!

Get your hands on as many as you can. Find out what's right for you ergonomically. you might love the look of something, but when you get your hands on, it just doesn't fit.

You'll spend less, skipping a two tone and you'll end up with a RIF you really want. Until you want your second. And third. But that's a while different story...

What @Jedi_Master said, play your 3 games with a rental get your UKARA defence and your good to go, wont need to worry about 2 tone.  there is also alot of sites in kent, if you go to the reviews part of the forum there is a lot for Kent sites. 

Oh that's brilliant advice thank you all. 

Another question (sorry lol) 

When you go to a site, do you have to join a team or can you go solo... I don't have any friends interested in the sport. 

Cheers

32 minutes ago, Rusty-jax said:

Oh that's brilliant advice thank you all. 

Another question (sorry lol) 

When you go to a site, do you have to join a team or can you go solo... I don't have any friends interested in the sport. 

Cheers

you can go solo, there will be plenty of people there. you will get split up into two teams and that will be your squad for the day. 

Going solo was one of the best decisions I made. The first time I went was a bit nerve wracking. But everyone was pretty friendly. Its just that thought of going alone but once you do you never look back.

Go solo; it's fine and either playing or chatting on here will lead to like minded friends. And if not then playing solo is still fine.

When the whistle blows and a game starts most 'friends' often scarper like rats anyway... I play with a large group but only a handful of us generally maintain a collective in game, the rest may be seen at regens or in the safe zone. Either way it's all good.

And if they're a good bunch of players attending then I've had plenty of in game chats and laughs with people I've never seen again.

Solo is fine. I started out solo almost a year ago to the day. I’m now part of ad hoc team of misfits that play over serveral sites. Also friendly with other regulars at a couple of sites. 

Yeah, as stated, even if you go with friends you seldom play together for long.  One may have to respawn and they don't meet up for the rest of the game.

Don't be afraid to ask questions if you're not sure whats going on.

Most players are friendly and will let you handle or even shoot their weapons once you get chatting. (Not in a game but in idle time)

Archived