Post game blues

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This used to happen to me after I'd done big races in triathlon - months of prep for the race, then the race - then.....nothing.
Just a feeling of lost emptiness.
And bizarrely this happened yesterday after a really good game day.
The SRS was flawless and took many scalps. The MWS in its new dress was an absolute beast of destruction.
I got more kills yesterday (and died less) than any other game day I have ever played.
And when it came to pack up I couldn't be arsed. Went home in a really bad mood, which hasn't happened before on a good game day - made worse by the fact I didn't know why I was fucked off.
Ended up going to bed early, just so I wasn't fed up.

My question is - anybody else feel down after a good game? Is post game blues a thing? (I know post race blues is, as it's well documented in the tri community).

4 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Had to check I wasn't reading a Seth_K post. :P

yC5yqWr.png

I actually laughed out loud..... Please, please do it again though with my name spelled right - and I'll change it so it's my profile pic 😄 
And Seth_K????? Man, that hurts. That really hurts...

• Supporters

Suck it up cupcake ! It’s all down hill from here ! 😱

🤣🤣🤣

who knows why bud ? Shit like this just happens ! 🤦‍♂️

👍

tbh yeah got post game blues buts that's cuz im so cheesed of with how shit of a day it was. the player base was just so bad too much moaning groaning shouting and swearing at people. then i got shot from a part where the other team coult not shoot down and a guy came round the corner looked at me, me thinking i was safe. aim and shot me in the dick from like 5 feet away. the teams where rather unbalanced and it was by far the worst game i have had. normally games are really good. just gutted as booked the day off work just to go too.  

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Mad Rag said:

tbh yeah got post game blues buts that's cuz im so cheesed of with how shit of a day it was. the player base was just so bad too much moaning groaning shouting and swearing at people. then i got shot from a part where the other team coult not shoot down and a guy came round the corner looked at me, me thinking i was safe. aim and shot me in the dick from like 5 feet away. the teams where rather unbalanced and it was by far the worst game i have had. normally games are really good. just gutted as booked the day off work just to go too.  

Big problem in this situation is more often than not in your head , you build it up (wether consciously or not) so much that it’s bound to crash and burn , would put money on it (but as I’m too tight I won’t) but I’d bet if you’d just turned up on the day with no forward planning it would have been a just about ok day ? 

I’m sure there’s some kind of mathematical equation to workout the level of shit quality to expectation ratio you have from a gameday ! 😳

If you've been drinking or eating coffee or energy drinks or general, shite, the mixture of adrenaline wearing off, tiredness setting in and your come down from whatever addictive drink/food you've had will give you this feeling 😂.

Generally I over expect but after the first game reality hits me that I'm not as good as I think and I enjoy myself.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Robbeh said:

Go to doctors. Could be nothing but its a sign of depression / adrenaline wearing off more likely the latter. 

Can see that discussion in my head

"Doctor I keep getting down after playing with my little white balls. Everything seems to work ok and I have no problems with firing but it always feels like an anti climax after. What treatment can I get that will make me enjoy handling my weapon again"

• Supporters
21 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

with my name spelled right

Wow, how many hundreds of times have I seen your name and misread it?  The mind is a weird, weird thing.

23 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Had to check I wasn't reading a Seth_K post. :P

nFMb2Kv.png

Thanks, now all of my coworkers are looking me wondering why I'm laughing like a manic. 😂

On 06/05/2019 at 10:43, sonofsammo said:

This used to happen to me after I'd done big races in triathlon - months of prep for the race, then the race - then.....nothing.
Just a feeling of lost emptiness.
And bizarrely this happened yesterday after a really good game day.
The SRS was flawless and took many scalps. The MWS in its new dress was an absolute beast of destruction.
I got more kills yesterday (and died less) than any other game day I have ever played.
And when it came to pack up I couldn't be arsed. Went home in a really bad mood, which hasn't happened before on a good game day - made worse by the fact I didn't know why I was fucked off.
Ended up going to bed early, just so I wasn't fed up.

My question is - anybody else feel down after a good game? Is post game blues a thing? (I know post race blues is, as it's well documented in the tri community).

OP - Were you playing alone? I'll explain why I ask.

A while ago I put poll up on one of the airsoft fb groups for the most popular class, Medic was by far the most voted for by that community.

Which makes me wonder that it might be a case of: "There is more happiness in giving than receiving."

Perhaps the scalps aren't what makes Airsoft fun, maybe it's the moments of teamwork and sportsmanship?

Yeah, I get more satisfaction working in a team even if I don't get that many kills myself.

The recovery from a day of high adrenaline and exertion can be harsh. 

Its because you have focused on something for so long and now that something is gone.  Kinda got the same thing going on in my career, all I ever wanted was to get the job I am now in, I love the job and my work but I will be leaving soon and have no idea what to focus on next.  Brings you down. 

You need another smaller hobby to give you something to look forward to in between skirmish days.

Computer games works for me.  (and riding motorbike ;) )

The only thing making me blue is getting older and slower but making my cheapo guns out-shoot the young guys with their £1000 guns is a great laugh. Most airsofters I find are good guys out for some fun and shooting your opponent in the ass is a laugh when you can do it, as no permanent damage is done. If you take being shot with a BB personally you are playing the wrong game and if you get depressed about it try something else.

Not so much feeling blue but the physical side of it is scary. I mean at the time I'm running around like fat Rambo. But by the time I get home I need a Nepalese sherpa to carry me and my kit upstairs. Anyway,  Maybe start planning your next game day as soon as you get in? That way you instantly have somthing to look forward too or geting small bits and peices. If I know its going to be a while between games, even stuff like bbs or gas or something takes the edge off personally

Just like my wife shopping therapy LOL

Archived