starter bb gun

Mattg40
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi everyone i’m looking for a starter bb gun and sadly don’t have my ukara license yet.so where is the best place to buy a starter gun from.i see there are some great guns on here but i think it’s against the rules for people to sell me a gun without my ukara so if anyone could recommend places for me to get a starter gun from that would be great.many thanks matt 

IT’S NOT A LICENCE ! !

As for a gun, buy g&g, get it painted two tone, don’t buy from anywhere with “bb” in the title and you’ll be golden 

4 minutes ago, Mattg40 said:

hi everyone i’m looking for a starter bb gun and sadly don’t have my ukara license licence yet.so where is the best place to buy a starter gun from.i see there are some great guns on here but i think it’s against the rules for people to sell me a gun without my ukara so if anyone could recommend places for me to get a starter gun from that would be great.many thanks matt 

G&G Combat Machines or Tokyo Marui are your best bet.

what sites would you recommend sorry for the 20 questions?

55 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

IT’S NOT A LICENCE ! !

As for a gun, buy g&g, get it painted two tone, don’t buy from anywhere with “bb” in the title and you’ll be golden 

i didn’t mean a license as such i own 3 air rifles but i mane as soon as i see a gun i like they ask for a ukara number which i don’t have.

3 minutes ago, Mattg40 said:

what sites would you recommend sorry for the 20 questions?

i didn’t mean a license as such i own 3 air rifles but i mane as soon as i see a gun i like they ask for a ukara number which i don’t have.

Just rent a gun n for your three visits, get your UKARA registration and you’re in, simple

• Head Moderator

@Mattg40  Really?  You have been a member since 2012 and are asking this question.  You have previously had H&K G36C in 2016.

16 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

@Mattg40  Really?  You have been a member since 2012 and are asking this question.  You have previously had H&K G36C in 2016.

your right i did join in 2012 and i also had a g36c but that was for plinking in the back garden with.since they i sold that and moved on to air rifle shooting but i want to get into skirmishing now hence why i’m asking which is the best starter gun and where is best to get one from.

Starter gun...😏..that will always be a bone of contention on an airsoft site.My personal opinion is as above,do your 3 games then buy good,buy once and upgrade to your delight.

ICS,G&G,etc,etc.chose M4/AK or exotic loadout..everybody has had a G36,a lot of people probably still have them..

i had a g36 for plinking in the garden and it was great fun if i’m honest.i don’t know much about skirmishes i’m in leicester i don’t even know where my local skirmish site is guess i need to do my research and speak to a few people and see what’s out there.but i just wanted peoples advice and opinions first.so thank you all for getting back to me it’s much appreciated 

• Head Moderator

If you are after a BB gun, then get a cheap spring one from any shop with BB in the name.  Remember that whilst an airsoft gun is a BB gun, not all BB guns are airsoft guns. 

I believe in buy the best you can afford; buy quality and buy once.  Then spend some more as you find even better kit that you need/want.  If you have the budget (you do not mention how much you want to spend) then do not worry, do the research and make an informed choice. Enjoy the hobby. 

For best starter - just buy a TM recoil (but not in tan because they look crap). Does what you need straight out the box, although does need wiring to Deans because the propriatory Sopmod batteries are terrible.

1 hour ago, Jedi_Master said:

Remember that whilst an airsoft gun is a BB gun, not all BB guns are airsoft guns.

bravooooooooooo

7 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

If you are after a BB gun, then get a cheap spring one from any shop with BB in the name.  Remember that whilst an airsoft gun is a BB gun, not all BB guns are airsoft guns. 

I believe in buy the best you can afford; buy quality and buy once.  Then spend some more as you find even better kit that you need/want.  If you have the budget (you do not mention how much you want to spend) then do not worry, do the research and make an informed choice. Enjoy the hobby. 

For best starter - just buy a TM recoil (but not in tan because they look crap). Does what you need straight out the box, although does need wiring to Deans because the propriatory Sopmod batteries are terrible.

i remember someone saying that a bb gun and an airsoft gun are different ones cheap and cheerful the other is built more for the field like a skirmish.im looking to spend £250 - £350 i would say and i think i’d probably go for an electric one.whether that’s the right decision i don’t know but i just prefer having the semi or auto option i guess.

6 minutes ago, Mattg40 said:

i remember someone saying that a bb gun and an airsoft gun are different ones cheap and cheerful the other is built more for the field like a skirmish.im looking to spend £250 - £350 i would say and i think i’d probably go for an electric one.whether that’s the right decision i don’t know but i just prefer having the semi or auto option i guess.

BB guns are also generally not to scale, being smaller than the gun there designed to look like. 

Archived