Classifieds - items listed as new

sonofsammo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've just been thinking (I know, always dangerous!) - in the Mack's thread peeps can be slated for saying something's new, even though they've opened it, possibly used it etc.
Would it be worth changing the option from New to something like "As New" or "Nearly New" ?

Screenshot 2019-05-05 at 08.44.48.png

• Supporters

all terms that people already use, terminology isn't the issue,its making them aware that they can call it what they like, just don't expect to get the "new" price (or near as dammit), for what the rest of us know is technically secondhand.

& if they don't like it, best they piss off back to Zin, if its ever working 😉

2 hours ago, Tackle said:

if they don't like it, best they piss off back to Zin, if its ever working 😉

😂😂😂

• Supporters

Why is there even a "new" option in a section for selling used stuff?

As an alternative:

Yeah, it's broken, to be honest, mate.

◉  I'll claim it was working when I posted it.

• Head Moderator
42 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Why is there even a "new" option in a section for selling used stuff?

Maybe the option should be either “used” or “unused”, both are still secondhand which is what all items for sale are (or should be).

• Mostly Retired Moderators
39 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Perhaps 'used' and 'as new'?

I think this is best.

At the moment there is a couple of M4s from the same person, being advertised as "Brand new".

Despite photos showing them with Holosights fitted with used magazines in the case with the gun.

cn4l0fhvydt11.jpg

8 hours ago, L3wisD said:

I think this is best.

At the moment there is a couple of M4s from the same person, being advertised as "Brand new".

Despite photos showing them with Holosights fitted with used magazines in the case with the gun.

cn4l0fhvydt11.jpg

it's the 700 pound guns "never used" aye so why dont you send it back for a refund..........

• 11 months later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.