What happened to Real Sword Steyr AUG?

pikeandgun
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

A few years ago Real Sword was at a show showing off all kinds of product they where planning to release including a Steyr AUG A1, M4/M16s and a load of Chinese army weapon replicas yet since then they've just faded away with no new products.

What happened to real sword?

Poorly run company. Many Airsoft Retailers cant work with them because they failed to send products in a timely manner after being purchased. IE a wait time of 1 or 2 years for stock was not unheard of. 

I thought they were pretty much dead until recently, as LandWarrior managed to receive some new AK's

It's a shame considering the quality of the product. 

So if they could produce the stock to the retailers and regain some credibility within the industry, maybe we'll see some other models. 

There are numerous rumours as to why Real Sword (RS) is the way it is.  

Take their series of Chinese PLA small arms such as the QBU-88, QBB-95, gbb svd/type 85 and QBZ-95 conversion kit for their QBZ-97, there were a number of rumours surrounding there cancellation/delay.  Such as the Chinese government did not wish for current issue Chinese designed weapons to be sold due to how accurate RS make their AEGs,  As well being an alleged subsidiary of real steel manufacture NORINCO. but more likely it was down to cost of the AEGs, and that they are weapons for a  niche market so it was not seen as viable.     

With regards to the slow restock time is somewhat easier to answer.  Apparently, everything is produced in batches from factories in mainland China so they only make a certain number of products that they have received orders for or they do a limited production run for the current year (see attached email grab). I believe they then mainly focus on restocking airsoft shops in Asia first and whatever left is sent to the rest.   

But it all speculation you could always try sending an email to them: [email protected] 

But personally they are my favourite airsoft manufacturer, and I have had a number of direct dealing with them and have always had an excellent experience and service from them ( currently ordering some items now).

RS email 2.PNG

I would snap up an AUG a1 if they made them too!

Archived