Fairly sure this has been asked more than once

TommoThomson
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I have been looking through some old threads trying to find any old posts on goggles or masks, but just can't find anything so I'm going to just ask what people are using and think are good.

I play Magfed and use an Empire EVS mask, which tbh knocks the spots off of the Dye mask and is specially designed for people like me with a fat head 😂

As I'm making the move over to play Airsoft I was toying with the idea of using a OneTigris Foldable Half Face with a set of Revision Wolf Spider Ballistic Goggles, I got the the goggles the other day and the lenses are so thick that it pulls the mask into my head so much that its  its not comfortable and is therefore no use to me. 

So before I run out and buy something else, which maybe just as bad or worse I'm hoping some of you on here will help me out and offer some suggestions for me to look into.

is you posting "im sure this has been asked more than once" twice an attempt at irony? :D 

In all honesty, Have a read around on here. There are endless options and everyone has their preferred way.

Personally I have been through half a dozen options at least and still I want to move away from my current eye pro situation. You have to try things out and see what works for you with this one I am afraid!

Possibly haha and fully aware you have to try things out, hence why it took me 4 attempts of buying paintball masks before I ended up with my EVS.

So the aim of the post is more to get some feedback, which then gives me options to look at chances are I may have already come across a few but when you see the same names over and over again you wonder if that is it or whether there is more to life if you know what I mean 😁

Just now, Lozart said:

@TommoThomson why not just use your Empire mask?

Chances are I will, but wanted to try something that allows me to get closer to the stock than a mask allows me to.

So the EVS is my default, but as Airsoft is a new adventure I was hoping I might be able to try a new load out

• Supporters

Try bending the bridge of the nose a bit so it sits outside of the goggles.

I run the same goggles and mask...I find it to be very comfortable.  Like LOZART says, just adjust the bridge of the mask so it sits outside of the goggles, it's metal so you can bend/reshape it. Combined with Revision anti-fog wipes..I never mist up!! and I'm a big, sweaty bloke.. :)

Fogging has always been an issue for me until I got an I4 mask which has never let me down. I do find I have problems getting my eyes down on some gun sights but I solve this by by using red rod sights with a high clearance such as the MRO or T1 types.

If we are talking about the EVS I find it amazingly comfortable, buy I can't get that close up weld with the stock when wearing a mask. 

If it's the Wolf Spiders it's not the nose, it's where the top of the Goggles sit thats the issue and its pulled against two points on my head and its just not comfortable at all

When it comes to fogging up I resolved this with rainX anti mist, but the main reason I wanted to go for separate Goggles and face protection was so I could get shot of the overhang of a mask. 

I know the mask gives me full protection, but I was hoping the Onetigris would be up to the job of that 

• Supporters
On 03/05/2019 at 18:50, TommoThomson said:

If it's the Wolf Spiders it's not the nose, it's where the top of the Goggles sit thats the issue and its pulled against two points on my head and its just not comfortable

So, is the mask pushing the goggles upwards? Maybe take a picture so we can see what you mean.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, TommoThomson said:

My EVS mask is sweet as Lozart, it's the spider goggles and my stupid head lol

I get that, can you post a picture of what the actual problem is? 

Archived