All the gear and no idea - battery problems

JohnnyClark
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, 

Sorry to intrude on serious skirmisher's forums! I took a notion to start, bought a bunch of gear, didn't have a clue, and it got the cupboard treatment in the end. I'm looking to get rid of it but want to make sure the rifle is in good working order. I'm trying to connect up a new battery, charged correctly, to see if that's the problem. I think I either overcharged the other battery I had or connected it up wrong and fried it. (I know, my technical comprehension of this stuff is awful/ probably not describing situation very clearly). 

So I bought new battery/ charger recommended for the rifle - a G&G GR25 (inspired by American Sniper of course...) - though in keeping with the effort I've put in, left it lying for a while and now open them to discover the connection doesn't fit. I'm clearly utterly clueless and embarrassed about spending a fortune on this stuff I don't know how to use (so yeah, I know I deserve it, but have chastised myself a good bit already!) 

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've got some pictures of the equipment I have (and the stuff that broke, maybe someone can spot something obvious I've done wrong). 

The charger I used for the two batteries that don't seem to work anymore (it might be something else wrong with rifle, hence new battery test first, rule it out) was a Nuprol NiMH3. It was scarily hot on the last charge, like surface melting hot. The batteries are Nupro Power 1600mAh NiMH 7S 8.4v. There's 4 adaptors that - unsurprisingly - I have no idea what they are for. Hoping one might do the trick with the new battery/ charger, but don't want to connect up wrong ends. 

The new charger is the Intelligent Auto-stop charger by ASG, 110-240v AC 50/60Hz input, for 4-8 cells NiCd/NiMH, charge current <1A delta pack. 

I know, I'm a fool. Any advice on how to get this battery test done would be much appreciated. 

Cheers, 

Johnny

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

Archived