Airsoft Jeans

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

11 minutes ago, djben9 said:

ive mentioned them before on here, yet to try them though

do you mean the EDC pockets?, you can sometimes get an M4 mag in as i can on my Atacs AU (i think were CPU) trousers but not my SFU versions as the pockets seem a little tighter..... SFU Next are a lot better with the leg pockets strap things!

5 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Makes sense, as with a lot of posts that did go off in a weird tangent!

EDC pockets are also what I think he means as looking at the picture they dont quite look how the 5.11 etc have their pocket layout of dedicated 5.56 pocket. While not strictly jeans the UFPRO which I have used almost exclusively over the past couple of years have an awesome mag pocket each side that couples with their larger pocket, it has an insert that retains the mag in situ even when running.

No I mean they have an AR pocket in the ass just like the 5.11.  

@Rogerborg Ah the workwear ones I was looking at came in short arse 30inch  inseam for me, one of the reasons I like the idea of them proper fit and hard wearing. 

I could be persuaded in a nice pair of "tactical" jeans since I could wear them outside of airsoft too but I kinda want something I can not worry about wearing out or getting dirty. 

2019-05-03 13_39_26-Helikon-Tex - Greyman Tactical Jeans® - YouTube.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Musica said:

No I mean they have an AR pocket in the ass just like the 5.11.  

@Rogerborg Ah the workwear ones I was looking at came in short arse 30inch  inseam for me, one of the reasons I like the idea of them proper fit and hard wearing. 

I could be persuaded in a nice pair of "tactical" jeans since I could wear them outside of airsoft too but I kinda want something I can not worry about wearing out or getting dirty. 

2019-05-03 13_39_26-Helikon-Tex - Greyman Tactical Jeans® - YouTube.png

Ah cool, didn't see them in the pictures I was looking at. Still not keen if I'm honest but then my tastes are quite "limited"

13 minutes ago, Musica said:

That's because that's taken from the YouTube video :) I do too much research when I look at something.

Nice, I would have looked into it more but I'm in love with the Adaptive-x ones. Shame about the $200+ price tag. Personally I dont like how the helikon are stitched outside.

1 minute ago, clumpyedge said:

Nice, I would have looked into it more but I'm in love with the Adaptive-x ones. Shame about the $200+ price tag. Personally I dont like how the helikon are stitched outside.

I like the UTP stitching but not the stitching  on the one I linked with the ar mag butt pocket. Too scared to look at adaptive-x ones and 5.11 don't seem to have jeans with reinforced knees portions. 

5 minutes ago, Musica said:

I like the UTP stitching but not the stitching  on the one I linked with the ar mag butt pocket. Too scared to look at adaptive-x ones and 5.11 don't seem to have jeans with reinforced knees portions. 

Yeah don't, they are absolutely incredible but way too much for casual use (maybe if I get a nice bonus at work next year 🤔 or if i can get them delivered when I'm in Florida) where as like I say my UFPRO's get used weekly and didn't have to pay to import! No they don't which in all honesty surprised me when they first came out.

I often run my dickies work jeans. Any thing without intergrated pad pockets or pad pockets that don't hit the mark. I just have some tubigrip bandage with a hole cut in it to fit crye style knee pads in which fit under what ever I'm waiting to wear. 

• Supporters

Note that the Amazon-Bays will provide biker jeans with knee armour (....and hip armour and kevlar lining).

As a bonus, you may find that you end up buying a motorcycle to go with them. ;)

12 minutes ago, heroshark said:

I often run my dickies work jeans. Any thing without intergrated pad pockets or pad pockets that don't hit the mark. I just have some tubigrip bandage with a hole cut in it to fit crye style knee pads in which fit under what ever I'm waiting to wear. 

That is pretty genius thinking. I want a bit more support for my dodgy knee but if I just wanted protection that is perfect. I assume you double it up so the pad sits between a layer instead of touching directly on your skin? 

8 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Note that the Amazon-Bays will provide biker jeans with knee armour (....and hip armour and kevlar lining).

As a bonus, you may find that you end up buying a motorcycle to go with them. ;)

Been there, Done that. labrynthitis killed that off pretty quickly.

• Moderators

Just now, Musica said:

That is pretty genius thinking. I want a bit more support for my dodgy knee but if I just wanted protection that is perfect. I assume you double it up so the pad sits between a layer instead of touching directly on your skin? 

Just direct, it's comfortable enough.

Just now, clumpyedge said:

They remind me of my younger greebo days wearing criminal damage clothing 🤨

Fortunately not a ridiculous cut as those old school greebo jeans. Otherwise they'd be useless.

• Supporters
42 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

They remind me of my younger greebo days wearing criminal damage clothing 🤨

And Hard Rock boots?

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

I wasn’t that cool unfortunately 

I had Hard Rock boots. There was nothing cool about them! 🤣

I hate you all, I’m now convinced I need ‘tactical jeans’  one of my other forums has recently convinced me I need a robot vacuum too, I’m so easily led 🙄

On 02/05/2019 at 17:35, clumpyedge said:

Funny... never heard of them..

Yes I usually wear combats with either external or internalised padding. However as it was a game playing civ pop with a dress code that involved no tac gear walking about with knee pads on was off the cards. Strap on knee pads look wank and are shit to wear which wouldn’t have been in the required dress code.

There are denim options with neoprene padding these days internally stitched but for a one off game or one here and there it would be a pointless purchase.

Normally I’m not one to moan about comfort but those pesky little spheres certainly crack a kneecap if like I say you put full weight on them.

The Altaflex knee pads are supposed to be OK.

At least according to nutnfancy;  😁

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMCGsRgkALE

Yes I usually wear combats with either external or internalised padding. However as it was a game playing civ pop with a dress code that involved no tac gear walking about with knee pads on was off the cards. Strap on knee pads look wank and are shit to wear which wouldn’t have been in the required dress code.

There are denim options with neoprene padding these days internally stitched but for a one off game or one here and there it would be a pointless purchase.

Normally I’m not one to moan about comfort but those pesky little spheres certainly crack a kneecap if like I say you put full weight on them.

9 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Can you say that again please? 

54 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

I hate you all, I’m now convinced I need ‘tactical jeans’  one of my other forums has recently convinced me I need a robot vacuum too, I’m so easily led 🙄

When I used to work in lawn care, one of our clients has a robot lawn mower. Do you have a lawn? 

19 minutes ago, Resistor170 said:

Can you say that again please? 

When I used to work in lawn care, one of our clients has a robot lawn mower. Do you have a lawn? 

No I wish, but I’m dead set on a robot vacuum, going to make it look like R2D2 :D 

• Supporters

My nephew’s a chippy and he likes wearing jeans in work and he swears by scruffs trade denim work trousers as they look like normal jeans with a couple of extra pockets but they can take internal knee pads . Mite be worth a look ? 

Archived