Airsoft Jeans

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

See another painful thing for me... when playing in jeans which I sometimes do, dont put full weight down straight away, kneeling on BB's is almost as bad as stepping on lego

If you have never tried, knee pads are the future of comfortable airsofting.

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

It'll never catch on y'know. Bloody new fangled ideas...

34 minutes ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

Funny... never heard of them..

Yes I usually wear combats with either external or internalised padding. However as it was a game playing civ pop with a dress code that involved no tac gear walking about with knee pads on was off the cards. Strap on knee pads look wank and are shit to wear which wouldn’t have been in the required dress code.

There are denim options with neoprene padding these days internally stitched but for a one off game or one here and there it would be a pointless purchase.

Normally I’m not one to moan about comfort but those pesky little spheres certainly crack a kneecap if like I say you put full weight on them.

• Supporters
16 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Funny... never heard of them..

Yes I usually wear combats with either external or internalised padding. However as it was a game playing civ pop with a dress code that involved no tac gear walking about with knee pads on was off the cards. Strap on knee pads look wank and are shit to wear which wouldn’t have been in the required dress code.

There are denim options with neoprene padding these days internally stitched but for a one off game or one here and there it would be a pointless purchase.

Normally I’m not one to moan about comfort but those pesky little spheres certainly crack a kneecap if like I say you put full weight on them.

I have a pair of the denim Helikon UTP trousers and they're dead good. Wear them for quite a lot of urban type games.

3 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I have a pair of the denim Helikon UTP trousers and they're dead good. Wear them for quite a lot of urban type games.

Yeah seen them, they look good for the money but I find Helikon sometimes is very hit and miss on the sizing (might just be me personally) jackets seem fine but trousers I've always had issues with. If the 5.11 defender flex jeans had a small integrated soft knee system they would be perfect.

• Supporters
Just now, clumpyedge said:

Yeah seen them, they look good for the money but I find Helikon sometimes is very hit and miss on the sizing (might just be me personally) jackets seem fine but trousers I've always had issues with. If the 5.11 defender flex jeans had a small integrated soft knee system they would be perfect.

Interesting, they've always been spot on for me but I am rather more encumbered with soft armour than yourself! :D

Just now, Lozart said:

Interesting, they've always been spot on for me but I am rather more encumbered with soft armour than yourself! :D

🤣

I had a pair of the M81 at my waist size and it was like trying to shove a large square through a small round hole

• Supporters
Just now, clumpyedge said:

🤣

I had a pair of the M81 at my waist size and it was like trying to shove a large square through a small round hole

That's what she said!

19 minutes ago, Lozart said:

14 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Fair enough about the knees but what about the crotch shots? 

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Musica said:

Funnily enough the denim UTPs are fairly thick (and hence a bit sweaty) on account of being denim. I'm still considering armoured codpieces though....

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Musica said:

*eyebleach*

tempted by the 5.11 jeans because they are stretchy are the helikon ones stretchy? 

Yes the Helikon ones are stretchy. The Helikon knee pad inserts are pretty cheap and are designed to fit straight into the UTP pants.

4 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Yes the Helikon ones are stretchy. The Helikon knee pad inserts are pretty cheap and are designed to fit straight into the UTP pants.

I was going to run DYE knee pads because my knees are dodgy AF and always feel like they are on the brink of exploding so want some support to keep them together but wanted some trousers with reinforced knees so I don't wear a hole in them and I like stretchy jeans won't wear normal ones anymore too constricting. 

• Supporters
Just now, Musica said:

I was going to run DYE knee pads because my knees are dodgy AF and always feel like they are on the brink of exploding so want some support to keep them together but wanted some trousers with reinforced knees so I don't wear a hole in them and I like stretchy jeans won't wear normal ones anymore too constricting. 

The UTP pants are good, loads of pockets, elasticated high rise section at the back of the waist (handy for not giving you builders arse cleavage when you're being all dynamic and shit). I would highly recommend them.

1 hour ago, Musica said:

50 minutes ago, Lozart said:

"Fanny pack" covers the dangly bits ;)

The 5.11 also have mag pockets which are handy compared to the Helikon

14 minutes ago, Lozart said:

The UTP pants are good, loads of pockets, elasticated high rise section at the back of the waist (handy for not giving you builders arse cleavage when you're being all dynamic and shit). I would highly recommend them.

Out of stock almost everywhere. Lot of money to drop without seeing them IRL. I prefer the velcro flap instead of the standard button on jeans that's a nice addition especially on a "fat" day 🤣 They do a "mid" pair thinner fabric for "summer". Curse you recommending nice things. 

2 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

"Fanny pack" covers the dangly bits ;)

The 5.11 also have mag pockets which are handy compared to the Helikon

Helikon also have mag pockets. My rig has a dangler I can add but doesn't go low enough to cover the boys. 

3 minutes ago, Musica said:

Out of stock almost everywhere. Lot of money to drop without seeing them IRL. I prefer the velcro flap instead of the standard button on jeans that's a nice addition especially on a "fat" day 🤣 They do a "mid" pair thinner fabric for "summer". Curse you recommending nice things. 

Helikon also have mag pockets. My rig has a dangler I can add but doesn't go low enough to cover the boys. 

Not quite how the Defender Flex do which I would argue is better if playing civ pop. Second option but vastly more expensive would be the Adaptiv-x (second and 3rd photo)

74465.jpg

img_1118.jpg

20171123_145150-018065868327326359728.jp

12 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Not quite how the Defender Flex do which I would argue is better if playing civ pop. Second option but vastly more expensive would be the Adaptiv-x (second and 3rd photo)

74465.jpg

img_1118.jpg

20171123_145150-018065868327326359728.jp

They do a cheaper pair that fit mags like that no knee protection tho but neither do the 5.11 flex.  Seems a preference thing between the waists /brands 

https://www.helikon-tex.com/en_eur/sp-gtj-dd-greyman-tactical-jeans-denim-mid.html 

helikon don't make trousers for short legged freaks like me 32inch inseam is the shortest they do.  I'm a 30 :( o well saved my bank balance. 

25 minutes ago, Musica said:

They do a cheaper pair that fit mags like that no knee protection tho but neither do the 5.11 flex.  Seems a preference thing between the waists /brands 

https://www.helikon-tex.com/en_eur/sp-gtj-dd-greyman-tactical-jeans-denim-mid.html 

Yeah as I say above I struggle getting the right sizing with Helikon in the trousers, the Jeans in my personal opinion dont look as well made as the 5.11/Adaptive-x

• Supporters

Oh, full disclosure, my workwear trousers are substantially shortened.  You can't do it just by turning them up at the bottom either, you need to put a pleat between the pockets and the knee pads in order to keep the pads high enough.

Sewing Bee candidate, me.

• Head Moderator

@clumpyedge I have split this into a new topic, as I think it will be useful for anyone looking for jeans (or can be bothered to use the search tool), and was off-topic from ear shots.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Lozart said:

ive mentioned them before on here, yet to try them though

2 hours ago, Musica said:

do you mean the EDC pockets?, you can sometimes get an M4 mag in as i can on my Atacs AU (i think were CPU) trousers but not my SFU versions as the pockets seem a little tighter..... SFU Next are a lot better with the leg pockets strap things!

22 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

@clumpyedge I have split this into a new topic, as I think it will be useful for anyone looking for jeans (or can be bothered to use the search tool), and was off-topic from ear shots.

Makes sense, as with a lot of posts that did go off in a weird tangent!

4 minutes ago, djben9 said:

ive mentioned them before on here, yet to try them though

do you mean the EDC pockets?, you can sometimes get an M4 mag in as i can on my Atacs AU (i think were CPU) trousers but not my SFU versions as the pockets seem a little tighter..... SFU Next are a lot better with the leg pockets strap things!

EDC pockets are also what I think he means as looking at the picture they dont quite look how the 5.11 etc have their pocket layout of dedicated 5.56 pocket. While not strictly jeans the UFPRO which I have used almost exclusively over the past couple of years have an awesome mag pocket each side that couples with their larger pocket, it has an insert that retains the mag in situ even when running.

Archived