Panthera Hop Arm and Panthera Concave Nub

ryanhr96
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, Im upgrading my VSR and I have the Panthera Hop Arm + Panthera Concave Nub set bought from skirmshop

And was wondering am i meant to glue the nub into the slot on the arm ? as just placing it there it falls out.

If anyone's done this before and has any tips/advice like how to make sure I have got the nub in correctly it 

would be very much appreciated! :) 

1 hour ago, ryanhr96 said:

Hi, Im upgrading my VSR and I have the Panthera Hop Arm + Panthera Concave Nub set bought from skirmshop

And was wondering am i meant to glue the nub into the slot on the arm ? as just placing it there it falls out.

If anyone's done this before and has any tips/advice like how to make sure I have got the nub in correctly it 

would be very much appreciated! :) 

I bought one and then was so impressed I bought another for my "other" VSR. Autobot buckings with both as well.

No. I didn't glue the nub in, that wouldn't be helpful as the nub needs to move slightly as the arm comes down to apply an even pressure.

The best method I found was placing the nub onto the bucking, putting the arm over it, putting the hop arm in place and then turning the entire thing upside down so the arm kind can swing down enough so you can see it's in right (or not) and adjusting with a small pick. Bit of a faff but I wouldn't advise gluing it.

***I'll just add as well. Maybe the tiniest and I mean tiniest dot of grease in the cutout in the hop arm would help the nub to "stick" if you just wanted to drop it down into the hop unit. I've not used that method on a VSR but have used it in the past where access was difficult other than being stuck to the end of a screwdriver.

Archived