Brit Special Forces

nellboy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Okay, I know that nutster has an SBS loadout but I thought I would post up my SBS Taliban Hunter kit. Used it at GMA this weekend and was very happy with it. Its pretty cheap to put together (Under £100 not including boots, gloves and eyewear).

IMG_0062trim.jpg

IMG_0060trim.jpg

IMG_0061trim.jpg

The idea/loadout is broadly based on the pics of the SBS that fought at Qala-i-langa and the early part of the war on terror in Afghan. It is extremely comfortable (the vest is a dream) and lightweight. All my advice is simply that, just advice. I am NO expert on any of this :)

Kit List:

Clothing

I used an old North Face tee and Craghopper walking trousers but any modern walking gear could be used. There are plenty of pics of guys wearing DPM and DDPM mixed in with walking gear too. Obviously the more camo you wear the less you can blend in with the local populace. In winter I will wear a navy North Face fleece with this.

The neck scarf is a genuine Afghan scarf, and is a better option than an 'Arabic' shemagh for obvious reasons. However these could be used in a pinch.

Headwear is easy too, although I didnt play in any, I have and have used (and seen pics of SBS) wearing DPM/DDPM boonies, Baseball caps and Pakols. Any of these would be an option.

Loadbearing

I have used an OD 5.11 vest (The SBS use SIG TAC vests apparently but they are very hard too source), and am carrying water bottle, radio and mike, 4x 120rd Midcaps, BFG, 2x bandages and P226 mag. I got this second hand but you need to be aware that they cost about £70 (and they come up very big).

As an alternative you could use DPM PLCE, as there are plenty of pics (more so than the guys in Sig Tac Vests) of guys wearing ths gear. At a push you could wear a RAV vest but I have not seen any in pics from Afghan (More SAS in Iraq) and thus would suggest not to wear one. A good set of used PLCE should set you back no more than £30. (You want to used and sun bleached for more authenticity).

Weapons

For the main you have a choice of three guns: GPMG, M249 SAW Para or a Diemaco SFW. Nobody currently makes any of the three guns in the exact configuration so you will need to modify existing models or just get the following alternatives.

Star/Ares I think are bringing out an FN that is similar to the GPMG, loads of companies make a M249 SAW but you should get the para stocked version and you will need a full RIS M4.

For my L119A1 I used an ICS M4 but have added a correct outer barrel, grip, front end, old style stock and butt plate. I have also put on a ACOG. Sadly I couldnt get a PEQ-2 battery box which is more correct for the era of Qala-i-langa) so I used my PEQ15 box instead (not too much of a problem as I beleive these are issued now instead of PEQ2s). At this stage it hasnt been painted but it will be shortly.

As a sidearm I have a TM Sig P226R with a full Guarder kit on it mounted in a SERPA belt mount although it cant be seen as it is hidden by the vest. Use any P226, P228, P229 or Browning as I beleive they have all been issued or are in use at this time.

Hope you all found that interesting and if you have any questions just let me know.

Nell

• Supporters

Not bad ;)

Id post all mine up, but would take an absolute age :P

Not bad ;)

Id post all mine up, but would take an absolute age :P

I'm going to add my SAS Task Force Knight Loadout to this thread when its done properly. Need the silencer (have the CQB flash hider already) and MICH then it will be ready.

Okay here are a couple of pics of my Diemaco C8 SFW in both 'Long' and CQB configurations:

IMG_0063edit.jpg

IMG_0064edit.jpg

• Supporters

Ok so I cba to play dress up for all of this kit :P

Choice of camo (not shown ddpm trousers)

b83c799f.jpg

Choice of vests

a50e24e0.jpg

And a choice of guns

a9c80972.jpg

• Supporters

Yeh british ftw, even though most that kit is yank :blink:

• Supporters

Even so, the C8 sfw is Canadian, the Sig is yank, the L96 is British however and since its an a1 so is the L85 (The a2 being german, since it didnt work til we gave it to Hk)

• Supporters

I know lol, I was getting at the fact we use them all lol

Is it my eyes or is the SA80 in a tan colour?

Actually saying that- do we use the l96 anymore or just the l115a3 now?

• Supporters

Yes its tan, project in progress ;) and no L96, like you said just the L115a3. Thinking of shifting the '96 amongst other things and building myself an L129a1, sharpshooter goodness :)

• Supporters

It does look good in tan, though not keen on susats since I saw the elcan spectre dr, which I am now inlove with :P

Is it actually possible to make an l129a1 in airsoft yet, I though i read that some parts weren't available, might've just been the 6x acog though.

They are nice though I have to say

• Supporters

The closest we can get is by using an sr25k, and yup cant get 6x acog, however theyve been testing them recently with s&b short dots, which we can get replicas of :)

• Supporters

isnt an airsoft replica of the lower receiver (i.e the markings) not Available yet?

I'm not one for it being 100% spot on! but i know some people are and thats why they arent making them yet because they cant get the sight either?

• Supporters

Technically its the entire receiver you can't get, it's a normal sr25 lower but it has a one piece upper/rail system <_<

I'm one for accurate loadouts and weapons, and I'm in the middle of building my UKSF loadout and won't post untill I'm done.

Nice loadouts guys, not sure about how accurate they are as I just skimmed over them but they look nice!

Also, I think you'll find Sig is a Swiss company with an American branch in Exeter, so that's where the confusion comes from ;)

Nutster, is that E-Mag a double windowed one?

• Supporters

I had a feeling that sig wasn't yank, but a quick google only turned up American sites <_<

That emag is single window, the rest I'm going to buy will be double :)

• Supporters

That'll be my grandads front bedroom :P has now turned into my armoury :)

• Supporters

Just to clear up, the Sig is only used by the US Seals to my knowledge, out of US forces anyway...

Aside from that it's a Swiss design and we also use them in the army. Though, I think only our higher ranking officials carry any side arm at all.

It's also used by the Columbian police.

The US use the Beretta M9, because Sig wouldn't let them set up a factory in the US, which turned the yanks off and as a result they cost too much for them to issue one to everyone.

So they went for the M9 because it's cheaper and there are US based factories.

Even though Sigs are better in every way and waayyy sexier imo lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Just to clear up, the Sig is only used by the US Seals to my knowledge, out of US forces anyway...

Aside from that it's a Swiss design and we also use them in the army. Though, I think only our higher ranking officials carry any side arm at all.

Just for the record SIG Sauer is a US company and manufactures the P226 in Germany and the US. SIG is the parent Swiss company. SIG Sauer was SIGARMS up until Oct 2007 when it changed its name.

SIG pistols are currently in use with:

U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security (largest U.S. non-military contract)

U.S. Navy SEALs

U.S.Navy SWCC

U.S. Federal Air Marshals

U.S. Secret Service

U.S. Coast Guard

U.S. ATF

U.S. Department of State Diplomatic Security

U.S. Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS)

U.S. Army 902d Military Intelligence Group (M11)

U.S. Army Criminal Investigative Divison (CID)

USAF OSI (M11)

U.S. NAVY Aviators (M11)

1/3 of all U.S. State & Local LE

UAE Police Force

Federal Protective Service

British MOD and SAS

Canadian Military (P226)

Chile PICH

Colombia CNP and Army

Egypt Presidential Guard

Egypt Army

France pistols and rifles in use by Police Nationale, Gendarmerie and Douanes

German Customs and Border Control

8 German SEK units

GIGN French Special Force

Hong Kong Police – P250

India NSG & various Police

Indonesian Defense Forces

Jordan - KASOTEC and SF

Kurdistan PSS

Netherlands National Police

Norwegian Special Forces

Saudi Arabia SF Academy

UAE Force 7

This info is all taken off their website :)

Anyway back on topic, heres a picture from last weekend of me and some of the Myrmidons (another team that play at Gunman Airsoft) all kitted out in SBS/SAS Taliban Hunter gear:

IMG00190-20110514-1539.jpg

I know someone who is now part of SBS, he gets to push people off of boats :P Should i get him to look at this? I will anyway ;)

Archived