What makes Airsoft a joke

Seth_Erebor
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

17 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

really? must say i'm surprised. 

been hit plenty of times in fingers, and i normally run fingerless gloves and never felt even close to breaking.

not sure how you'd implement it real time, sure you can get those suppressor mounted chrono's but i guarantee most folk wouldn't want to be running those all the time, i sure as hell wouldn't.

Albeit crude, couldn't that suppressor wrap around a custom made barrel? With a hop-up like cut out for whatever sensor is required.

In the space between the Rail and the Outer Barrel.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
1 hour ago, Seth_K said:

Albeit crude, couldn't that suppressor wrap around a custom made barrel? With a hop-up like cut out for whatever sensor is required.

In the space between the Rail and the Outer Barrel.

Or you just buy an xcortech x3300w 

28 minutes ago, EDcase said:

That's scary

Nah it's just sods law.

9 hours ago, WobblySausage_ said:

Do not get me started on speedsofters who seem to think powerplaying is acceptable..

Define powerplay.. I always hear it but nobody’s ever gave it a definition. Or I wasn't listening, definitely the prior though 👀.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Aengus said:

Define powerplay

I understand it to mean not acknowledging a hit (or many hits) until you've shot the person (or people) who hit you first.  Generally done when pushing forwards while wearing stripey socks buzzing on adrenaline.

That's distinct from simply not taking hits at all.

Ask @ryaw about it, he had a sense of humour failure on Sunday about being "mutualled" by a chap that he'd already put 4 or 5 (measured, deliberate) shots into.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Generally done when pushing forwards while wearing stripey socks buzzing on adrenaline.

Ask @ryaw about it, he had a sense of humour failure on Sunday about being "mutualled" by a chap that he'd already put 4 or 5 (measured, deliberate) shots into.

Don’t be hating just because you couldn’t pull off such a look 💁‍♀️.

I see. Happens a lot at the depot from my own and friends experience. Probably due to something like a two minute investment into every “death”. When’s the next time you’re along? Got a new pistol to play with that would be relatively difficult to get banned for ;).

15 hours ago, Aengus said:

Define powerplay.. I always hear it but nobody’s ever gave it a definition. Or I wasn't listening, definitely the prior though 👀.

Breaching a room at the speed of sound, taking out everyone in said room despite being hit multiple times and then moving onto the next room..  

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, WobblySausage_ said:

Breaching a room at the speed of sound, taking out everyone in said room despite being hit multiple times and then moving onto the next room..  

Known a few folk to do that outdoors- game slows down they put on some plot armour and walk into an objective ignoring all hits until they've cleared the objective enough to give their side a chance.

Gets pretty annoying when they end up doing it multiple times per game, but i just keep shooting till the hand goes up.

5 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Known a few folk to do that outdoors- game slows down they put on some plot armour and walk into an objective ignoring all hits until they've cleared the objective enough to give their side a chance.

Gets pretty annoying when they end up doing it multiple times per game, but i just keep shooting till the hand goes up.

The inner thigh is a great place to ensure someone takes a hit ;)

19 hours ago, WobblySausage_ said:

Leads me onto my next gripe and this will be a controversial one, HPA. I am in no way a HPA fan, I despise it. I am sure that somewhere in the world there are sensible HPA users but I'm yet to meet one.

I run HPA for one reason only, the noise or lack of, I can't be doing  with so called "sniping" a like to use cover and stalk targets. As 50% of the time I found myself using my mk23 I built a gun to do the same job that wasn't a bolt action and didn't need a med 

never shot it full auto in anger, it is set low fps to take into account joule creep with .32 bbs 

regarding broken fingers it's easy to do with a bb, just doesn't happen that often.

liken it to a large window, if you hit it with your hand with quite a large amount of force you still won't break it until you reach its elastic limit, sharp little tap with a small hammer and crack

1 minute ago, osteoshot said:

I run HPA for one reason only, the noise or lack of, I can't be doing  with so called "sniping" a like to use cover and stalk targets. As 50% of the time I found myself using my mk23 I built a gun to do the same job

never shot it full auto in anger, it is set low fps to take into account joule creep with .32 bbs 

regarding broken fingers it's easy to do with a bb, just doesn't happen that often.

liken it to a large window, if you hit it with your hand with quite a large amount of force you still won't break it until you reach its elastic limit, sharp little tap with a small hammer and crack

A sensible HPA user appears! 

I completely understand the appeal of the platform I really do, amazing performance and reliability and the potential for a realistic blowback function ect! 

28 minutes ago, WobblySausage_ said:

I do this all the time in BF4 with a PDW, obviously not real guns because game but they have recoil and use a weapon long enough and you can compensate for your primary, I was 3rd in the UK with the PDW for a while a couple years ago. It was pretty much like you described, rush into a room, pew pew pew, 3 guys dead, reload, move on. 

I've not used a blowback recoil rifle yet, but my 1911 airgun has some nice recoil feel to it which is cool - I wanted to get the Tokyo Marui SCAR-H with blowback but couldn't afford it so went for the VFC AEG.

• Supporters
48 minutes ago, paradoxum said:

I do this all the time in BF4 with a PDW, obviously not real guns because game but they have recoil and use a weapon long enough and you can compensate for your primary, I was 3rd in the UK with the PDW for a while a couple years ago. It was pretty much like you described, rush into a room, pew pew pew, 3 guys dead, reload, move on. 

I've not used a blowback recoil rifle yet, but my 1911 airgun has some nice recoil feel to it which is cool - I wanted to get the Tokyo Marui SCAR-H with blowback but couldn't afford it so went for the VFC AEG.

Erm what?

• Supporters
57 minutes ago, paradoxum said:

The equivalent to power play would be rushing into a room with an infinite health hack on, killing everyone and then hitting a suicide bind to make yourself feel better.  

55 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Erm what?

what what? I'm just trying to add to the discussion.

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, paradoxum said:

what what? I'm just trying to add to the discussion.

Bit difficult to read and bf4 has as much to do with airsoft as airsoft does with actual warfare.

2 hours ago, WobblySausage_ said:

A power gamer is someone who enters a room/area and just fires everywhere without even trying to pick a target in the hope they get someone. It is a stupid skilless way to play.

Someone who does this and gets hit but ignores it until everyone else is dead is not a power gamer just a cunt. Although there are similarities between the two they are actually seperate species.

1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Bit difficult to read and bf4 has as much to do with airsoft as airsoft does with actual warfare.

BF4 may not have much of a relationship with real life warfare ..... but Nintendo’s duck hunt did

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/03/09/us-army-macs-training/

Running in a gunning some players whilst simultaneously being shot is one part of the game, deliberately carrying on is of course cheating. 

14 hours ago, Aengus said:

Don’t be hating just because you couldn’t pull off such a look 💁‍♀️.

I see. Happens a lot at the depot from my own and friends experience. Probably due to something like a two minute investment into every “death”. When’s the next time you’re along? Got a new pistol to play with that would be relatively difficult to get banned for ;).

I do get the people blasting past me instead of taking a trade or such at such speed it would be difficult to get their numbers to report them to a marshal.  The only thing I wish they changed about the medic system is a bandage system instead of a count. Far too easy for people to never go back to spawn and no accountability for if they got medic'd or not.  I see it all the time I shoot a guy and 20 seconds later "oh yea this was my second life" away he goes. I'm sure some times it is and they just forgot but too easy to abuse IMO. I have actively seen a marshall tell someone to go back to spawn they had already been medic'd so at least they try to police it but it's not like they can watch a guy from spawn to death to know for sure. I watch as many of the videos online from the depot and too many people don't follow the 2 minute rule when they are dead. The way I see it I keep with my team until my first hit then I can get medic'd then I run like a mad man knowing if I fail I can just respawn. If you die behind enemy lines on your first life you've made your 2 minute bed.  

1 hour ago, Musica said:

I watch as many of the videos online from the depot and too many people don't follow the 2 minute rule when they are dead.

I thought on the second hit you don’t need to wait you just go back?

I’ll be honest and say I cheat, a little, by not waiting in places I’m just not going to get revived but hey I’m paying so I’ll play as much as I can and it’s not going to have a great impact overall.

2 minutes ago, Aengus said:

I’ll be honest and say I cheat, a little, by not waiting in places I’m just not going to get revived but hey I’m paying so I’ll play as much as I can and it’s not going to have a great impact overall.

That is my point you can't tell if it's their second death or first and people just walk off as if it's their second death.  

If you got yourself in to a position you can't be revived that's your fault for playing that way.  That's like saying you pay for the fuel to drive your car so you can cut people off instead of waiting in the right lane. As soon as you start that type of argument "well I pay so I am going to play by my rules" it just degenerates the game. If you don't agree with the rules don't play at that site. 

I think they should change the system have have a marshal at each spawn and have a rolling 2 minute timer. You can chose to wait for a medic once per life or go back when ever you want and get the luck of the draw with a respawn wave. This prevents people just opting out of their 2 minute death. It would mean respawns can group up for an assault as a team as well. Then implement bandages instead of a count ( they can use the money we used to get hot dogs with for bandages) and then no one is getting revived 20 times a life. 

I haven't played a game with medic rule yet but it makes sense to me that if there's no chance for a medic to get to you then you should be able to respawn at a rear base after lets say 5 mins waiting.

That way you can keep playing but you'll lose your forward position.

• Supporters

yep, it will become pointless hanging around if your pretty sure no ones gonna come to your aid, so bleeding out is best option.

BUT

did play a game at ft amhurst, set time limit & objectives, but absolutely no bleeding out, only option was to wait for any of your team to medic you back in, in excellent concealment I bagged my first kill & waited while he squealed repeatedly for a medic, 30 mins later when the whistle blew I had "collected" 7 players in total, who had no idea I was 15-20 ft away armed with just a g19, every body had a good laugh about it as the "no bleeding out" rule had put a new spin on the game.

while it would get boring quickly if it was the norm, every now & again doesn't hurt to turn things around ?

On 25/06/2019 at 17:58, ImTriggerHappy said:

Or you just buy an xcortech x3300w 

Nah it's just sods law.

Looking at now, very cool

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Aengus said:

Not cool.  

You're taking instant respawns and everyone else is waiting 2 minutes, could have a significant impact! 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Tackle said:

yep, it will become pointless hanging around if your pretty sure no ones gonna come to your aid, so bleeding out is best option

The issue is about how quickly you do it.

At the Depot, it's generally meant to be a 2 minute minimum bleed out on your first hit.  You can wait longer if you think you'll be revived, but you're not supposed to just go straight back to respawn on your first hit if you reckon you won't get mediced.

Problem is, half the time they don't make that clear, when they do say it half of the players aren't listening, half of those who listen can't count to two, and half of those who can count to two don't care.

Sometimes I feel so ronery propping up the walls and watching folk skipping and gambolling back to respawn after their first hit.

MedicRules-768x366.png

Archived