What makes Airsoft a joke

Seth_Erebor
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Seth_K said:

Insightful as always Rogerborg,

Having used a gbbr vector, I can say a number of those together would be amazing.

lol, your just sucking up to him now, everybody knows Vectors are Rog's Achilles heel 😜

EDIT: I might have got that wrong lol, think I've mixed Rogerborg with Rocketdogbert..........one of them creams over the Vectors 😜

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tackle said:

lol, your just sucking up to him now, everybody knows Vectors are Rog's Achilles heel 😜

Honestly didn’t know that 😂

5 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

This one is so simple.

You want to use a RIF that has realistic kick and sound.

>>>Join the army.

**May have limited or no respawn when hit.

Guaranteed to cut out cheaters :D

I'd love a GBBR for a bit more realism but can't justify the cost :(

1 hour ago, Seth_K said:

True, the realism factor is nice and apart from that I wonder how it would change the feel of the game. Better or worse?

Just like how in BF I played on sniper limit servers a site COULD implement limits to teams on roles but your standard skirmish day it's unlikely as they just want to give a sandpit for use to use our toys in and them to make money for providing the pit. 

1 minute ago, Musica said:

Just like how in BF I played on sniper limit servers a site COULD implement limits to teams on roles but your standard skirmish day it's unlikely as they just want to give a sandpit for use to use our toys in and them to make money for providing the pit. 

Exactly, Can you imagine a skirmish day where they mandated snipers worked as fire team having a spotter and shooter and only allowing two teams per larger team? only ever seen that at Milsim games (or variants of).

20 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Exactly, Can you imagine a skirmish day where they mandated snipers worked as fire team having a spotter and shooter and only allowing two teams per larger team? only ever seen that at Milsim games (or variants of).

How would that work though? I only take my sniper to skirmishes and if I turned up and someone said, sorry mate you can't use that we've already got 4 snipers I wouldn't be very happy. You don't pay to join BF games, you pay to skirmish.

7 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

How would that work though? I only take my sniper rifle ( ;)) to skirmishes and if I turned up and someone said, sorry mate you can't use that we've already got 4 snipers I wouldn't be very happy. You don't pay to join BF games, you pay to skirmish. )

That's what I was replying to a skirmish site couldn't do that is what I'm saying... It wouldn't work and people would be pissed off. Generally the Milsim games I've played where they have limited roles its communicated while booking if that role is filled or not and generally they always sell out so if you miss out on a role then tough tits but again that's not your weekly skirmish and not done by all Milsim organisers. TBH for sites to make things work well and majority of the sites I go to do this, they should split sniper players equally across both teams.

Tangent again... sorry, not sorry.

20 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

How would that work though? I only take my sniper to skirmishes and if I turned up and someone said, sorry mate you can't use that we've already got 4 snipers I wouldn't be very happy. You don't pay to join BF games, you pay to skirmish.

14 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

That's what I was replying to a skirmish site couldn't do that is what I'm saying... It wouldn't work and people would be pissed off. Generally the Milsim games I've played where they have limited roles its communicated while booking if that role is filled or not and generally they always sell out so if you miss out on a role then tough tits but again that's not your weekly skirmish and not done by all Milsim organisers. TBH for sites to make things work well and majority of the sites I go to do this, they should split sniper players equally across both teams.

Tangent again... sorry, not sorry.

Just like how sites sell limited rental slots you could book a sniper slot/green fee combo. Again why would they want to but it could be done. 

Hell I'd be the ass just like in BF who takes the slot a then runs a red dot on a DMR and gets in on the objective instead of providing "supporting fire".

9 minutes ago, Musica said:

Just like how sites sell limited rental slots you could book a sniper slot/green fee combo. Again why would they want to but it could be done. 

Hell I'd be the ass just like in BF who takes the slot a then runs a red dot on a DMR and gets in on the objective instead of providing "supporting fire".

Cant remember where it is but one site at least does do different "battle packages" Rifleman/support/marksman etc

3 hours ago, Seth_K said:

Short Version - The lack of significant recoil and sound when compared to real firearms (even a .22) removes a large portion of the "gun" skill barrier.

Long Version - Imagine for a moment that call of duty or battlefield removed recoil from their games, how would that play out? People running around dumping laser beams with only gravity holding back their digital streams of death. Doesn't sound great, does it?

Turning our attention to Airsoft, we are currently in a situation where players can walk their BBs onto a target with a long full-auto burst like some sort of ghostbuster. Not only does this feel like overkill but quite simplistic in nature. Assuming we were in a world of 100% hit takers (don't get side tracked) placing a few well aimed shots would be far more satisfying.

Sound, same again, imagine if your favourite video game or movie replaced the gunfire sounds with the wet fart phhhht of an AEG gearbox.

I am of the opinion, and remember how much I hate snipers, that all RIFs should be loud enough to locate the origin of the shot. I can not stand snipers who sit in a bush silently spitting out .4g BBs.

If everyone knows where a shot came from it forces another layer of skill, timing, ambushes, etc.

*drops mouse and deletes account*

Back on subject...

Want more recoil GBBR/Marui/GBLS/Daytona are the options that I know of and even then compared to some rimfires I've shot I'd argue that some recoil based airsoft guns kick harder! obviously high caliber will be more but shooting small white balls of barely any weight as has been said anything more than what we have already and people would be firing all over the shop more so than they do already.

Want noise, add a sound hog or the incentive designs(?) flashider/light sound combo piece of shit whatever it was.

If you cant hear where someone is firing from surely they have done their job right? sounds like you are a bit salty that you get shot a lot and don't like it because you cant find them.

5 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Cant remember where it is but one site at least does do different "battle packages" Rifleman/support/marksman etc

Back on subject...

Want more recoil GBBR/Marui/GBLS/Daytona are the options that I know of and even then compared to some rimfires I've shot I'd argue that some recoil based airsoft guns kick harder! obviously high caliber will be more but shooting small white balls of barely any weight as has been said anything more than what we have already and people would be firing all over the shop more so than they do already.

Want noise, add a sound hog or the incentive designs(?) flashider/light sound combo piece of shit whatever it was.

If you cant hear where someone is firing from surely they have done their job right? sounds like you are a bit salty that you get shot a lot and don't like it because you cant find them.

Daytona will be the next RIF I get, VFC HK416 probably.

Actually, now I think about it, it's the opposite. I'd like to hear my squad open up on an enemy squad with some loud RIFs. That's pretty cool.

1 minute ago, Seth_K said:

Daytona will be the next RIF I get, VFC HK416 probably.

Actually, now I think about it, it's the opposite. I'd like to hear my squad open up on an enemy squad with some loud RIFs. That's pretty cool.

Buy all your mates firehawks and listen to the sound of me vomiting.

5 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Buy all your mates firehawks and listen to the sound of me vomiting.

I'm never buying another AEG, one was enough.

3 hours ago, EDcase said:

I agree in principle with a lot of the points.

But...

Practically speaking:

- Recoil is very hard (and expensive) to implement.  Hopefully better systems will come along to remedy that but its unlikely to get to real world levels.

- Sound would be nice to have but that would kill off many airsoft sites from noise complaints so we can fit mock suppressors to match the sound level...

- I've said before that I think weapons should have matching fps to the real world versions but that'll never happen when its so easy to turn most weapons into BB hoses. 

I have not read the whole thread, But....

I agree with most of this. Recoil I feel would add something I dont really want. We use toy guns for a reason, lets not add £££ to the cost and extra bits which will go wrong or cause problems and add weight! I am pretty happy with the state of the guns available. Its a game after all not (despite some peoples attitudes) a Role play with lots of realism.

As above, nice sounding guns are nice to hear and use but again its really an added extra that most people would not want to use and would become a negative, Why would I use a gun which made the who field hone in on my location if no one else was?

The matching FPS I get, it makes no sense a MK23 can be turned into a sniper but the thing which annoys me the most is the ROF

Similarly to Edcases point I feel a pistol should shoot like a pistol and an smg should work like an smg. In the sense that in Airsoft practically ANY gun can be turned into a rapid fire hose or a super ranged sniper and this FOR ME takes away from the game a little.

Also Seth, just leave things alone! Your like these guys on dragons den that have made a new pencil, only it has a spoon on the end instead of a rubber, is made of pasta and costs £1400 per unit!

Either back up this brand new way of doing things with some facts or ideas or stop trying to reinvent Airsoft!

3 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

but the thing which annoys me the most is the ROF

Similarly to Edcases point I feel a pistol should shoot like a pistol and an smg should work like an smg. In the sense that in Airsoft practically ANY gun can be turned into a rapid fire hose or a super ranged sniper and this FOR ME takes away from the game a little.

I also really don't like rediculous ROF. And also think it would be good if each type of gun represented it's real counterpart but if that was the case for rate of fire then for me it would also have to be the case for scaled projectile range.... Which wouldn't be possible unfortunately.

There's something to cater for everyone, its all a spectrum and lets face it's not even that wide. Got open days to do what you want, then milsims, battlesims, gas only games bla bla - they all happen, you just might have to travel.

If there was a system whereby you had guns that had (lethality aside!) the exact same function as real guns that would indeed be cool as shit and would probably replace airsoft. But that's not gonna happen anytime soon. Things which are trying to emulate this function is stuff like MILES and of course simunition. But not are there obvious practical barriers  to using both those things to "skirmish" with, they have their downsides too.

So rather then looking at what airsoft is bad at you should look at what it is good at - which is actually quite a lot. But you have to make the most of that too, whether as a skirmisher or a event organiser or whatever.

1 hour ago, Resistor170 said:

I also really don't like rediculous ROF. And also think it would be good if each type of gun represented it's real counterpart but if that was the case for rate of fire then for me it would also have to be the case for scaled projectile range.... Which wouldn't be possible unfortunately.

I think this was my point but you have used better words in a better order :P

SMGs should be for cqb and not have the same range as a rifle or be able to match a DMR.

but this is a minor thing which bothers me... hell I use an evo outdoors because it’s as good range wise as any of my ‘long’ guns, I would just prefer if certain classes of guns had pros and cons, I guess they do in a way but a HPA glock with a drum mag should not be able to out fire, out range and put down more rounds than a support weapon!!

• Supporters

there's only one reason why some players want silly rof guns 😉

Concern About Plows this Winter_ Sudbury is Slipping.jpg

46 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

I think this was my point but you have used better words in a better order :P

SMGs should be for cqb and not have the same range as a rifle or be able to match a DMR.

but this is a minor thing which bothers me... hell I use an evo outdoors because it’s as good range wise as any of my ‘long’ guns, I would just prefer if certain classes of guns had pros and cons, I guess they do in a way but a HPA glock with a drum mag should not be able to out fire, out range and put down more rounds than a support weapon!!

Yeah I agree, I think we have the same mindset, that would bring a new dimension to the game and put some deeper thought into what to run with and also what targets to prioritise to a degree. I'd be happy for HPA to be used in something like an m134 minigun and that's about it. 

But that's just a fantasy and in reality people can do what they like of course 😒

2 minutes ago, Tackle said:

there's only one reason why some players want silly rof guns 😉

Concern About Plows this Winter_ Sudbury is Slipping.jpg

Any excuse to trot out one of my fave memes 

A52C46F5-D2B8-4E7A-968A-D09E1EBA5847.png

What makes airsoft a joke ? people who take it far too seriously ! Dudes we are playing dress up and shooting each other with our toy guns, relax !

2 minutes ago, Nick G said:

What makes airsoft a joke ? people who take it far too seriously ! Dudes we are playing dress up and shooting each other with our toy guns, relax !

Exactly why I don't like HPA 😂. For the record, I can only speak for myself of course but I think we are all relaxed and know its just a game

16 minutes ago, Resistor170 said:

Exactly why I don't like HPA 😂. For the record, I can only speak for myself of course but I think we are all relaxed and know its just a game

Oh there are always a few !

6 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Oh there are always a few !

Oh I completely misunderstood, I thought you were directing it at the people on this thread... Yes there are plenty about eh, comical

Archived