Revision Sawfly - £19.99 new a bit suspect?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As title really. These are coming in anywhere between 10 and 15 cheaper than most of the used ones. 

Is the price too good to be true,  and are they likely to be fake?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F113734966075

They look legit to me (same as mine). However they are at best "good as new". They have been removed from their packaging and bring sold by a person, rather than a shop.

They are listed as new on the Ebay listing. But I understand what you mean.

• Supporters

They probably are real as there more than likely stolen issue kit , just checked his othe listings and he’s got Vertus body armour and a Vertus Bergen for sale and they haven’t even been fully rolled out yet ! 🤦‍♂️

I offered 17.50 (plus post) and asked why they were open if they were new.

Declined offer and ignored question.

Oh well

Normally if they have the documents ect with them then thats a good sign. No repro also reproduces the documents especially that anti-fog wipe.

Also, most of the time people take the gear out the packaging to take pics. Not out of the ordinary and not suspicious really. 

He's also selling other real gear.

Still means they are not new. Similar to a discussion on another thread really regarding what is new and what is used.

Not answering a prospective buyer is a bit off as well imo. But perhaps that's just me who thinks that.

Thanks for the input guys.

• Moderators

i got my pair from the local surplus store for about that price

didn't know they were different sizes, thought it was one size fits all with adjustable arms?  - 'NEW Size Regular'

• Supporters

looking at the sellers profile & other kit he's selling I think he's genuine, his user name is rocky mol1, there used to be a guy on the airsoft forums as RockyMolinari, came from the same area & sold a lot of genuine high quality kit, I'm thinking its the same guy.

On 03/05/2019 at 07:57, djben9 said:

didn't know they were different sizes, thought it was one size fits all with adjustable arms?  - 'NEW Size Regular'

It's to do with head size, so width rather than length of forehead to ears. 

I wear the small ones. The only difference in these from the regular ones is the lenses has SH on the lens, rather than just S. Large frames/lenses only have one "nose notch" rather than the two notches that small and regular frames/lenses have. 

20190510_122228.thumb.jpg.bb76746bba5e4a015a6cc09c3c8e91a3.jpgSo bought some of these, from a different seller as the originals had gone, and the smoke lens is all scratched,  no buggy as I would be using the clear or yellow.

Except.... the frame and smoke lens are the large, and the clear and yellow are regular so dont bloody fit!  Not happy or impressed. Have messaged with photos and will see the reply. 🤬

So the seller has replied with this message. Cheeky cunt.

Screenshot_20190510-194242_eBay.thumb.jpg.26fa15034da005d1df5293bb95f31340.jpg

It was not mentioned that the additional lenses didn't fit, but he seems to think I shouldnt have thought they would. 

Archived