G&G L96 Spring Pull - Lumpy

Foolycooly
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've got an L96 with the upgraded spring and bolt set in it, but the pull feels really lumpy, as though there are mechanically things in the way - it really feels like a fight to pull it and re-engage it - this is why I think its not just the bolt - as sometimes you really have to slam the bolt forward to engage it

Are there any guides anywhere on tuning, or smoothing out a spring pull on this gun, as I cant find anything from searching

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Foolycooly said:

slam the bolt forward to engage it

Well, that's never a good idea.

Take it apart and see where it catches. Check the inside of the cylinder for scratches. Probably the spring guide is too high and pushes the bottom of the piston against the inside of the cylinder. Or if the scratches are on the outside, then it is pushed against the receiver.

I dismantled it today, cleaned and regressed everything and studied the movement. Looks like it's a problem with the bolt itself, as far as I can see it's a completely sealed unit so I can't strip it, but the spring is malformed inside the unit and the spring guide isn't long enough to keep it straight.

It's a lot smoother now, nowhere near as smooth as I've seen on some rifles (bolt won't just fall back in after its engaged, you still have to push it) but it'll do for now.

Anyone opened up one of the bolt units for the G&G?

Archived