Ear Shot

Mad Rag
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Who else has been shot in the ear I did tonight for the first time, it hurt like a b***h. Actually went inside the ear had to shake my head to get it out. Did have my balaclava which stops things going in there but was very hot so had to take it off  

• Supporters

Not inside the ear itself, that sounds very unpleasant.

It's a stinger when you get it on the fleshy bits though, and I've had a bleeder.

Reminds me, I need to get one of these:

71HFmFJExWL._SX679_.jpg

2 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

It's a stinger when you get it on the fleshy bits though, and I've had a bleeder.

71HFmFJExWL._SX679_.jpg

I keep saying the same thing lol.... maybe today's the day 🙂

26 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Yep full auto at point blank, had to cut my ear to let the blood out.

It is the next worse place to fingertips.

I had similar, As I have stretched ear lobes I was wearing plastic tunnels on the day because I couldnt find the metal ones it was also fairly hot so wearing the sordins even with the gel cups was unpleasant due to sweating so much. Anyway, long story short the guy shot the tunnel on my ear, tunnel shattered and blood pissed everywhere. Literally the most painful shot I've taken in all the time I've played bar the impromptu dentistry I got playing at The Gaol one year.

Took one from a distance. No idea how they managed it but fair play to them. Gave quite a sting. Driving home I felt a bit deaf that ear to which I just thought was because I'd been shot.

Got home and ear was ringing a bit, as you do you poke your finger in there and a BB dropped out.

I have ears to cover my ears. Although this mask is too warm once it turns summer.

IMG_20190502_085827.jpg

39 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Yep full auto at point blank, had to cut my ear to let the blood out.

It is the next worse place to fingertips.

Another reason to wear a dye mask ear protection. 

Also how do crotch shots rank vs fingers? I get the fear every time I get one in my thigh it could have been worse. 

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Musica said:

Also how do crotch shots rank vs fingers? I get the fear every time I get one in my thigh it could have been worse. 

just wear heavier trousers, finger shots are awful especially if you get it in the fingernail, hurts much more than the actual damage should really merit.

My other warm weather mask I modded for sordin but I don't really like wearing them when its warm either. I just use a hood or snood like a head band when its really warm but covering the ears.

19510316_1675655449409225_6727234345272561850_n.jpg

• Moderators

57 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

71HFmFJExWL._SX679_.jpg

ive always worn one of those style mask since day one, occasionally the other version as the straps cover my ears, weirdly though, a friend of my brother has as similar one and he still got a BB in his ear....:lol:

14 minutes ago, Musica said:

So you want of these to protect those areas!??

image.png.19b26671c58191ed2c7b44c14038b0ed.png

6 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

just wear heavier trousers, finger shots are awful especially if you get it in the fingernail, hurts much more than the actual damage should really merit.

I was going to copy @Rogerborg and buy some workwear trousers from screwfix or something as I expect them to be more durable than the clone/knock offs of real kit and I have wee short legs and most the repro kit is all  S M L XL for the standard proportioned person 

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, djben9 said:

So you want of these to protect those areas!??

image.png.19b26671c58191ed2c7b44c14038b0ed.png

mate of mine wears kit like that, including crotch protectors made out of dummy sapi plates. needless to say the rest of our squad sees it as a personal challenge to try to shoot him in the ass/nuts at every opportunity.

we have a very straightforward sense of humour......

3 minutes ago, Musica said:

I was going to copy @Rogerborg and buy some workwear trousers from screwfix or something as I expect them to be more durable than the clone/knock offs of real kit and I have wee short legs and most the repro kit is all  S M L XL for the standard proportioned person 

gorka's are very good at softening bb impacts. as are most things with a zip as that doubles up the material in the important areas.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Musica said:

was going to copy @Rogerborg and buy some workwear trousers from screwfix or something

Right, I'm putting "fashion influencer" on my CV.

• Supporters
36 minutes ago, Musica said:

I've been hit on the ears enough times that I now wear earpro (that and my tinnitus demands that I don't keep letting off MK5's in small rooms without some kind of protection).

I got shot in the right nut from about 10 feet on Sunday. Trust me, it's worse.

16 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I've been hit on the ears enough times that I now wear earpro (that and my tinnitus demands that I don't keep letting off MK5's in small rooms without some kind of protection).

I got shot in the right nut from about 10 feet on Sunday. Trust me, it's worse.

tenor.gif?itemid=5537022

I'l just be over in the safe zone "observing" 

FIngernails shattering, they hurt.

Fleshy bit under the arm pit hurts.

One to the happy sack, that hurts.

Nipples certainly hurt (though not as bad as candle wax).

Neck shots hurt.

Pretty much anywhere not covered hurts... BUT I like it.  :lol:

You get shot where you don't cover and once you do it never happens again.

(OK my nuts and nipples were always covered, I'm not that twisted...)

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, Immortal said:

(OK my nuts and nipples were always covered, I'm not that twisted...)

wouldn't put it past some folk......

I've been shot in the ear lobe a few times. Was pretty nippy and a little blood but not awful. Lower stomach, knee cap and throat are the bits that I find hurt the most. Fingers would probably be on the list, but I wear bike gloves that have hard bits in the fingers so the BBS just skip off them 😁

13 minutes ago, Arwen said:

I've been shot in the ear lobe a few times. Was pretty nippy and a little blood but not awful. Lower stomach, knee cap and throat are the bits that I find hurt the most. Fingers would probably be on the list, but I wear bike gloves that have hard bits in the fingers so the BBS just skip off them 😁

I was wearing thick is gloves but still feel the finger shots. Twice on the same hand last night. Hmm maybe I should stop rushing haha 

• Supporters

Nuts , once (did make me assume the fetal position on the floor)

ear lobe , several times (all stung like barstuard ) luckily never in the ear .

finger , multiple times (very painful does smart for a good while) now wear fully armoured gloves for CQB .

finger tip/nail , couple of times (now this one is a real game pause’er it hurts that much) 

fleshy bits inner arm/thigh , neck or just any part of your layer of lard (as above )  .👍

• Supporters

Hit chart .160D46A3-E8D0-4B7E-8FBD-D6BE256759C4.jpeg

Worst one I've ever had so far was in to my left knee cap tipple shot from within 2 meters while I was kneeling on it. 

put my gun down and hopped about a bit. Made me question life choices. Thighs are sore but I'm always glad it was the thigh not the tackle so it's a reassuring pain 

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Musica said:

Worst one I've ever had so far was in to my left knee cap tipple shot from within 2 meters while I was kneeling on it. 

put my gun down and hopped about a bit. Made me question life choices. Thighs are sore but I'm always glad it was the thigh not the tackle so it's a reassuring pain 

Best way to learn how to deal with it is play in a morph suit, 500fps guns, cqb and full auto. After that everything else seems tame.

Archived