Specna Arms SA-S03 Sniper Rifle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Can't seem to find much about this rifle online (review wise). Anyone had any dealings or know what the hop is like?

https://gunfire.com/en/products/sa-s03-core-tm-sniper-rifle-replica-black-1152223441.html

It says it's fully VSR compatible apart from the HOP & MAGAZINE. 

I know the Hop unit is very important BUT I can't find whether the hop unit supplied is decent or if it's a dud. For instance if it's as good as the striker hop then all good.

Anyway, thoughts?

Haven't seen it in person, but thought I would give my two cents.

Even if the hop-up isnt amazing you can modify it to make it work well. TDC mod, teflon taping for better airseal, modifying hop arm to accept a nub or biro mod, I could go on.

• Supporters

They're very new so I'm not surprised there's no reviews about.

If they're as good as the original line of Specnas were then it'll be good - probably still need upgrades to get to a consistent 500FPS with accuracy but that's the way the cookie crumbles with bolties. If it's as bad as some of the more recent online opinions suggest then it'll be a complete lemon but at that price it's no worse than any other VSR clone that needs upgrading anyway so why not?

• 4 weeks later...

Morning Gents

I am also looking at the Specna Arms SA-S03 M40A5 sniper rife as a starter rife. Sgt Talbert did you purchase it in the end if so what do you think.

don't know to much about upgrading stuff yet but i am sure my local shop will know.

Cheers

I have bought one. For an out of the box sniper for £140 including 3 mags bipod and scope I can't complain. 

I have tried it using 3s and its range and accuracy ar both decent with the odd fly away here and there. But as suggested above with a couple of minor upgrades it will be a very very good gun.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived