Cybergun/A&K m249 upgrades

Brotherhood98
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, I recently went and played a game with my brand new m249 however when it came to chrono it was only kicking out around 250/60fps with .2s 

The only thing I have done to the gun so far is replace the hop bucking for a madbull blue shark 60 degree, could that be anything to do with the power being low? 

Can anyone reccomend some upgrades for it or would I be able to put a stronger spring straight in without touching anything else to bump it up to around the 330fps mark? 

FB_IMG_1556697018653.jpg

10 minutes ago, Brotherhood98 said:

Hi all, I recently went and played a game with my brand new m249 however when it came to chrono it was only kicking out around 250/60fps with .2s 

The only thing I have done to the gun so far is replace the hop bucking for a madbull blue shark 60 degree, could that be anything to do with the power being low? 

Can anyone reccomend some upgrades for it or would I be able to put a stronger spring straight in without touching anything else to bump it up to around the 330fps mark? 

FB_IMG_1556697018653.jpg

I am in a similar position with my new A&K MK43. Only shooting at 260 FPS. I changed my hop unit to an AP one and used the bucking it that came with the unit.

I believe the bucking on the A&K is somewhat proprietary so I would look at that first. Go back to the original one and see if you get an FPS boost before changing anything gearbox related.

Let me know how you get on. I have been banned from teching by the missus for the next few weeks!

• Supporters

What’s the range like ? If that’s good leave it as is , remember it’s a support gun so as your supposed to be firing short controlled bursts with it if the range is good you don’t want too high an FPS on it as the other players will get a bit aggro if it hurts  like f**k when you put a burst in to them as apposed to just hurts ? 

Plus if it’s new you gotta give it time to bed in as well .

19 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

hurts  like f**k when you put a burst in to them as apposed to just hurts ? 

I started playing Airsoft for the budding Sadist in me. ;)

The range on mine is alright. Not amazing but skirmishable. 

I'd try the original bucking in there but I ripped it in half when I was taking the gun apart so I'll have to try get hold of one. 

As for range it wasn't too good, it was falling a lot shorter than my friends rifles were so it basically made it a bit useless unless we were getting quite close. Not really what you need from this type of gun ☹ perhaps the bucking I've put in there isn't best suited to this gun and it's making it difficult to get decent performance? 

9 minutes ago, Brotherhood98 said:

I'd try the original bucking in there but I ripped it in half when I was taking the gun apart so I'll have to try get hold of one. 

As for range it wasn't too good, it was falling a lot shorter than my friends rifles were so it basically made it a bit useless unless we were getting quite close. Not really what you need from this type of gun ☹ perhaps the bucking I've put in there isn't best suited to this gun and it's making it difficult to get decent performance? 

From what I understand the A&K hop unit is just awful. Which is why I upgraded to the AirsoftPRO one right off the bat. I have almost too much hop effect now. 

• Supporters

The A&K M249 hop unit is more of a suggestion of hop than an actual hop unit per se!

You CAN fix it with a bit of BIC biro or Hunter Seeker Armoury do a 3d printed fix that works quite well. Otherwise the accepted fix is to fit a Bullgear hop (which is expensive and seems to be out of stock everywhere whenever I look).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived