how long is g&g warranty

poachers
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

a friend bought a g&g gun around 7 8 months ago and its just started to play up the shop is saying its not under warranty so I was wondering if g&g provide separate warranty I cant find any info if they do or not otherwise they want to charge him to fix the gun thank you 

I'd suggest getting in touch with G&G directly to query what their warranty period is, it is entirely possible that it is outside of warranty though.

Out of curiosity which retailer is it you're dealing with? If it turns out that it is outside of warranty then it's worth remembering you're not bound to the place you bought it from, if this is the case then it will give you the option of sending it to a technician of your choice.

• Supporters

Skipping the usual legalese, here's the pragmatic situation:

G&G have no presence in the UK as far as I can see.  If they do agree to fund a repair, it will generally be for the parts only, not the labour, which is where most of the cost is.

If the retailer is telling your friend (do they not have the internets?) to GTFO, then there's no magic incantation that you can say to force them to do the repair.

What you can do is assert your friend's right to receive goods that are durable, as per CRA 2015 S9 3 (e), and give the retailer a chance to rectify it.  If they don't, then you get it done elsewhere, invoice the original retailer, and start down the long and winding road to a court small claim.  You're looking at about a year, with more costs up front, and you might never recover the money.  Very few people see these cases to conclusion.

If he bought on a credit card and it cost over £100, that's where I'd start. Tell them that the retailer is being a dick, and cite the Consumer Credit Act 1974 section 75.

All that said, there's no definition of durability.  It's just what a reasonable person would consider it to be.  I personally consider airsoft guns to be disposable toys, and I'm amazed when they work at all.

As above. Losing battle speaking from experience, unless it never worked in the first place and the  you can just reject the goods. It's too easy for a retailer to say, "you did this, or you must have done that" with nothing to back it up, it would cost more to pursue than to just give the repair work to someone else imo.

I have now painted my rif, as I realise the warranty In  the UK is a misnomer really, so there is nothing to invalidate by doing so.

Archived