It should'nt work... But it does!

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Knowing my luck. I decided to strip down my new A&K MK43 to look for faults. 

And boy did I find one! The outer barrel, carry handle, outer barrel sleeve does not line up correctly with the hop unit due to misaligned screw holes (About 3-4mm). Which results in a hop unit where the rubber is not going to be pressing down directly above but from around a few degrees from the side. Because it requires screws in the hop unit to keep the unit moving (much like an aug one), I am unable to move nub to a more central top position. 

I installed my new AirsoftPRO hop unit to confirm it wasn't just the unit, but the shoddy line up of different screw holes on the outer barrel sleeve and the carry handle. (Which is all held together with one screw). 

I also managed to jam the box mag straight away and took a few goes to get it going. 

So I am going nuts cursing my luck and preparing for an Email to the retailer in Italy.

Then I go to fire it at distance.... Ok, its firing pretty damn straight though with the sort of variance you would want from an LMG. I have no idea why it would fire as straight as it does. So now it looks like I am keeping it!

Maybe with my luck I am just looking for problems first without assuming that maybe it was meant to be that way in the first place? Ahh, I don't know. I need to stop worrying and play the game more! Maybe this is the normal design for the MK43 and I didn't know? Any owners care to chime in?

IMG_20190429_191149.thumb.jpg.54ea744170ed93a3761622592111552c.jpg

Moral of the story as always with 'upgrades'  if its fine - leave it alone.

Good luck with emailing San Marino shops.

22 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Moral of the story as always with 'upgrades'  if its fine - leave it alone.

Is not so much upgrades. As I still have the AP hop unit in there as it's an improvement. More of a try it before you start the returns process or start getting the dremel out!

I am still testing it though so who knows!

• Supporters

I’ve got an A&K 249 and the hop on that looks wonky as f**k but it shoots like a laser and has cracking range too it ! 

I can relate Asomodai as seeing something that looks wrong is very worrying but its always better to test first before worrying.

Buying from Italy is a tough one but assuming they have a warranty.

When buying new its good to use it hard to make sure that if something breaks it'll be in that warranty period.

It's not Italy.

It's San Marino, the place where all the Italians buy from because stuff is much cheaper than proper Italian retailers, but then they get fucked because customer support is non existent.

SM shops have more legal claims than anyone else on the planet combined, yet nobody can touch them.

A mate had a really bad experience with one of those shops, he bought a TM g3 and received a damaged JG one in a TM box. We sent the retailer a picture of the box and called him. He literally told us to fuck off.

Either way, this was 10 years ago.

Oh, warranty doesn't seem to apply for them, once it's in your hands you're on your own.

22 minutes ago, Skara said:

It's not Italy.

It's San Marino, the place where all the Italians buy from because stuff is much cheaper than proper Italian retailers, but then they get fucked because customer support is non existent.

SM shops have more legal claims than anyone else on the planet combined, yet nobody can touch them.

A mate had a really bad experience with one of those shops, he bought a TM g3 and received a damaged JG one in a TM box. We sent the retailer a picture of the box and called him. He literally told us to fuck off.

Either way, this was 10 years ago.

Oh, warranty doesn't seem to apply for them, once it's in your hands you're on your own.

Well, if push comes to shove I always have my dremel ;)

4 hours ago, Druid799 said:

I’ve got an A&K 249 and the hop on that looks wonky as f**k but it shoots like a laser and has cracking range too it ! 

This seems to have decent range as well, if anything it does go slightly to the left, but not by a huge amount. Is your hop unit nub off by a few degrees as well? 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

This seems to have decent range as well, if anything it does go slightly to the left, but not by a huge amount. Is your hop unit nub off by a few degrees as well? 

Mines firing straight but yea it’s a bit off as well ! 

One trick I found works really well with mine is mix the ammo in the boxmag , I’ve got .2’s/.25’s and some .28’s in it , really catches the other team off guard as you have a much wider and deeper impact zone when your firing due to the variation in range and spread you get .👍

• Supporters
21 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Mines firing straight but yea it’s a bit off as well ! 

One trick I found works really well with mine is mix the ammo in the boxmag , I’ve got .2’s/.25’s and some .28’s in it , really catches the other team off guard as you have a much wider and deeper impact zone when your firing due to the variation in range and spread you get .👍

At the end of each gameday I empty my part used mags into a bag. That's the bag I use to load my SAW, so a good mix that does indeed add to the spread!

49 minutes ago, Lozart said:

At the end of each gameday I empty my part used mags into a bag. That's the bag I use to load my SAW, so a good mix that does indeed add to the spread!

I do the same but I use them in my shotgun for the same reason.

Archived