hello guys, i need some help.

Adam Collins
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hello everyone,

I'm new to the forums and haven't played airsoft in about 10 years, looking to get back into it again and I thought id ask a few questions here first before I start.

the first one being does anyone know any airsoft teams currently recruiting in Leicestershire?

the second is I am familiarising myself with the RIF/UKARA stuff and need someone to point me in the direction of a good site in Leicestershire to start working towards getting my number,

and the third being that can I buy non-bright coloured (black) airsoft pistols/rifles from the classifieds on the forums here without a UKARA number to get started or do I need to submit a number?

kind regards,

Adam.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Adam Collins said:

the third being that can I buy non-bright coloured (black) airsoft pistols/rifles from the classifieds on the forums here without a UKARA number to get started

Yes, no defence is required (for anyone 18+).

Technically speaking, you are committing no offence by purchasing or attempting to purchase realistic imitation firearms.  Any offence is committed by the seller, and it's entirely up to them what defence they ask for.

thankyou for your reply @Rogerborg, good to know. it shouldn't be an issue for me then, I'm 34 these days 🙄 i'll have to have a bit of a peruse and see what I can come across. my last loadout was a TM MP5SD and a TM M9. I ended up selling my mp5 back in the day and my seals blew out on my m9 shortly after unfortunately. I regret selling the mp5, it was a lovely bit of kit.

• Head Moderator
2 hours ago, Adam Collins said:

need someone to point me in the direction of a good site in Leicestershire to start working towards getting my number,

can I buy non-bright coloured (black) airsoft pistols/rifles from the classifieds on the forums here without a UKARA number to get started or do I need to submit a number?

The search tool, has a 3 character minimum length,  try "leicester" as a search term and see what comes up. For example:

Regarding buying a RIF from the Classifieds here,  you need to satisfy the seller's requirements. I would not sell to anyone without site membership as a defence.

@Jedi_Master thank you, I will give the search tool a try and see what I can come up with. the closer I can find a site to me the better, less travel expenditures means I can attend more often 😉 and as for your RIF policy, that's understandable. if the responsibility is on the end of the seller, then I'd probably be the same. there are far too many idiotic types out there who aren't as responsible as the rest of us. like the old adage goes, it only takes one to spoil it for everybody else.

Hi Adam,

With regards to UKARA sites will generally ask you attend 3 times in no less then 2 months.  Retailers will generally ask for a number, classfieds is a bit of a free for all.

Leciester is a great place to be for an airsofter. The Gaol is great, and whilst i've not been you've got the department cqb in croft and Project X in Leciester proper.

My advice is to pick a site, rent a gun and explain your situation to the owner. They might grant you UKARA - they might not. 

Archived