Next pistol - TM HK45 vs WE G18C + Maple Leaf/Crazy Jet?

Philby21
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Gang,

I think it's time for a new pistol (the wife is going to kill me!) and I'm really 50/50 between these two choices.

The way I see it is this:

TM HK45 - pros = awesome performance out of the box, legendary TM reliability, excellent gas efficiency; cons = plastic, very plastic, mags are a bit pricey, holster choices can be limited

WE G18C - pros = inexpensive, mags <£20, easy upgrade with Maple Leaf/Crazy Jet combo, metal components give it a bit more "heft", loads of holsters, full auto hilarity (very briefly); cons = needs the upgrade to make the most of it, looks like virtually every single other Glock

To be honest, as I'd upgrade the Glock straight away, the cost works out about the same with 2/3 extra mags, looking at spending circa £200 ish.

I've seen people raving about the HK45 but I've also seen comments that the Glock (with the Maple Leaf) is a great gun.

So, what would you choose?  Is it "just another Glock" or "so plastic it definitely looks like a toy"?

(I have a suspicion that, either way, I'll ultimately end up with both!)

• Supporters

HK45 all day long.

But then my passionate hatred of Glocks is well known and documented in these here parts...

Also - most USP holsters will fit an HK45 or Phoenix Tactical do a very nice selection of kydex ones for it and your airsoft clone torch of choice.

16 minutes ago, Philby21 said:

TM HK45 - pros = awesome performance out of the box, legendary TM reliability, excellent gas efficiency; cons = plastic, very plastic, mags are a bit pricey, holster choices can be limited

WE G18C - pros = inexpensive, mags <£20, easy upgrade with Maple Leaf/Crazy Jet combo, metal components give it a bit more "heft", loads of holsters, full auto hilarity (very briefly); cons = needs the upgrade to make the most of it, looks like virtually every single other Glock

OR. If you are desperate for a fun switch and you aren't keen on the 18C looks. 

Go for what I am doing and get the WE G35. Its exactly the same but is longer and looks a bit like John Wick. It also fits those cool SRU Bullpup glock kits

Seconded. No comparison. And if you are handy with a file you aren't limited on barrel options. Tactical is a bit more but worth it for full lefty controls. I don't use the suppressor on it but is nice smaller option on the mk23 if you have one.

I ran WE pistols for years, and then last year bought a TM G17; haven't looked back since.

In 10+ games I've not had any problems with it, feeds and fires flawlessly, plenty of aftermarket options. One of the fill valve seals went but that was a cheap and easy fix. 

I'll definitely be replacing my WE P226 with a TM one when I get the chance.

So, I'm getting a slight hint that everyone thinks I should go with the HK45??  Are you sure?? 😂

Although @Asmodias suggestion of the G35 is intriguing for something at least a little different, maybe add that to the future shopping list (just as it was beginning to come down a bit).

Now, how to hide it from the wife???

Can vouch for the WE Gforce G18 or G35. Tho i'd personally recommend the G35 because it's thicker at the front (my old g18 slide snapped at the recoil spring, on co2 though).

I've had both and personally...... I like metal + co2. The HK45 is a solid performer without a doubt. If you need a pistol that just works when you need it to, the HK45 does the job. But for me, it just lacks personality. It's probably the plastic that makes me feel that way. Nothing beats the solid cold touch of metal.

If you go for a TM HK45 and buy a holster for it. (Reel steel polymer holsters will be a bit tight as the real gun is slimmer than the airsoft version..so if you want a quality real steel holster and the gun won't fit..just put the holster in a pan of boiling water for a couple of mins, to soften the polymer, then put your gun in the holster and it will mould itself to your TM..) :)

7 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

Nothing beats the solid cold touch of metal.

Ookkkaayy...... is there something you'd like to tell us?? 😂

45 minutes ago, Monkman said:

If you go for a TM HK45 and buy a holster for it. (Reel steel polymer holsters will be a bit tight as the real gun is slimmer than the airsoft version..so if you want a quality real steel holster and the gun won't fit..just put the holster in a pan of boiling water for a couple of mins, to soften the polymer, then put your gun in the holster and it will mould itself to your TM..) :)

And right here is the sort of useful info that this forum is absolutely priceless for! 👍

I run several WE pistols and have never had any issues with any of them, they all get gamed regularly, they all get run on red gas all year, they have all been dropped a time or two and they all keep performing. My G18 and 1911 MEU have the maple leaf hop set up and crazy jet and preform fantastically well. Get the 18 C ! 

Archived