Possible timing issue after Short stroke?

Seejay
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, 

Recently had a few consistency issues after short stroking my ICS Par MK3 to sort PME. Managed to more or less sort the issue by removing a few coils off of my tappet spring, but I'm still a little paranoid that more tuning is required. Tried the paper over the feed port test and, while it's not blowing the paper clean out of the magwell, it's still slightly blowing it off the feed port. Is this generally how the paper reacts in a healthy setup or should I be expecting no movement whatsoever? 

Setup is as follows:

13:1 gears SS'd by 4 teeth (from pickup side)

Guarder SP110 spring

SHS HT motor

upgraded o-ring nozzle and cylinder head

AB Mosfet + 11.1

I'm wondering if the short stroke has thrown my tappet timing out a little, and I'm just trying to compensate by making my tappet spring really stiff, putting the tappet plate under more stress. Would removing a millimetre or two from the bottom of the tappet plate fin benefit me in any way?

Feeding is absolutely fine and Chrono results seem pretty stable with only a +/- 5fps deviation, so I could just be chasing ghosts, but still, would be great if someone with a little more experience could shed some light. 

Ta Lads.

Archived