Someone f**ked up !

Druid799
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

21 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Yes, really.  Being unable to feel empathy for an injured person irrespective of culpability is a key indicator.

It's OK, I don't think you're a psychopath, I think you're just playing one on the internets.

I do feel for players when they get hurt  and have on many occasions chosen not to shoot at point blank range players and taken a hit when I could so easily have hit them and hurt them. I wear proper protection for the sport so BBs bouncing off have not worried me being shot on the fingers at point blank though ouch!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
7 hours ago, osteoshot said:

My point being is that if you are involved in any incident when someones actions put them at risk and fate determines you are involved, regardless of how innocent you are you would know that your car/ pull of the trigger injured them and you would have to deal with that

Been there, done that (hit a young girl on my motorbike). I can confirm it sucks. I'd feel a LOT less empathy for someone wearing shitty eyepro though. 

• Supporters

58 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Been there, done that (hit a young girl on my motorbike). I can confirm it sucks. I'd feel a LOT less empathy for someone wearing shitty eyepro though. 

me too, hit someone in my car, entirely their fault & at the time I felt empathy, even though they walked away with just some bruises thanks to me taking some drastic measures to reduce the impact.

but my empathy soon dissipated when two weeks later they tried to sue me, with a complete pack of lies, but in personal injury cases while the case is ongoing your no-claims is wiped out, & after 3 years she lost the case.

shoulda killed the lying greedy bitch😉.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Tackle said:

me too, hit someone in my car, entirely their fault & at the time I felt empathy, even though they walked away with just some bruises thanks to me taking some drastic measures to reduce the impact.

but my empathy soon dissipated when two weeks later they tried to sue me, with a complete pack of lies, but in personal injury cases while the case is ongoing your no-claims is wiped out, & after 3 years she lost the case.

shoulda killed the lying greedy bitch😉.

Nice.

I made the front page of the local news! Local councillor that had been campaigning for traffic calming lives right by where I had the accident. She went straight the press and implied that she could hear the poor little dear screaming in agony (which was bollocks because she was in a rather mute state of shock) and made the whole thing sound like it was my fault on account of being a nasty biker that obviously rides too fast, eats babies and kicks puppies.

Obviously the paper didn't bother with any sort of fact checking...

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Tackle said:

if suitable eyepro (& its non removal in the play area) is discussed in the brieing

OK, we're at the briefing, you've got 30 seconds to unequivocally define what eye protection is and isn't "suitable" at your site in a way that's allows players, most of whom are only half listening, and some of whom might not speak English as their first language, to objectively determine whether what they've brought meets or doesn't meet that standard: GO.

the site has your signature on a waiver

Meaningless, as repeatedly explained with references to the primary legislation.

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

OK, we're at the briefing, you've got 30 seconds to unequivocally define what eye protection is and isn't "suitable" at your site in a way that's allows players, most of whom are only half listening, and some of whom might not speak English as their first language, to objectively determine whether what they've brought meets or doesn't meet that standard: GO.

Meaningless, as repeatedly explained with references to the primary legislation.

that's my point, the irony of it is technically its all to protect the site not us the player.

we chrono the guns but nobody checks players eyewear to ensure they're up to the job, & prob 99%+ will be, but you know what they say........

You can't fix stupid_ _ Pretty Quotes _ Funny Stuff ___.jpg

love the picture. On the site I play yes we get the brief and if the more experienced players see bad eye protection we tell the idiots aiming for full eye seal where possible. if they insist on being pricks even after being warned with witnesses they don't have a leg to stand on.

Note, site sells full seal goggles for around £5/6

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tackle said:

You can't fix stupid_ _ Pretty Quotes _ Funny Stuff ___.jpg

But you can silence it for a while with duck tape ! 

1E94764B-E888-44D2-B0AF-7C649372987E.jpeg

• Supporters
38 minutes ago, gasman said:

love the picture. On the site I play yes we get the brief and if the more experienced players see bad eye protection we tell the idiots aiming for full eye seal where possible. if they insist on being pricks even after being warned with witnesses they don't have a leg to stand on.

Note, site sells full seal goggles for around £5/6

Do you work for that site?

Archived