Someone f**ked up !

Druid799
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

After re-reading it a few times yeah I see what you are saying. Definitely hasn’t set the tone well with the keyboard warrior comment though hence it sounds slightly aggressive.

To me it comes across as if there trying to sweep it under the carpet AND intimidate anyone who questions this so I’d say as it’s NOT from an ordinary airsofter but the site owner then yes it is an aggressive post , when dealing with the general public on a service provider level you just can’t talk to people like this no matter how ‘aggrieved’ you may feel .

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

F**kwits. Plain and simple.

if a a child runs out in the road between two parked cars and gives a driver no chance to avoid it and is killed,  by the "oh it's the child's fault for not looking" rationale the driver shouldn't feel bad,!!!!!

if someone is blinded because they choose to wear joe 90 specs instead of safety glasses do they think the person who blinded them won't feel guilty???

comparing it to a real firefight is laughable, it's a game that involves plastic balls that CAN blind you but you wear suitable eyepro to prevent it.

real bullets go through eyepro so you don't have to worry about the safety rating unless you want the coroner to know what swanky brand you like to use when  he digs it out the back of your head

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, osteoshot said:

if someone is blinded because they choose to wear joe 90 specs instead of safety glasses do they think the person who blinded them won't feel guilty???

I can honestly say from me no fucks would be given.

Life is too short to take responsibility for stupid people, especially when there are so many.

46 minutes ago, osteoshot said:

F**kwits. Plain and simple.

if a a child runs out in the road between two parked cars and gives a driver no chance to avoid it and is killed,  by the "oh it's the child's fault for not looking" rationale the driver shouldn't feel bad,!!!!!

Dont really think they’re comparable situations. Killing a child by accident as the child doesn’t know any better is a bit more extreme than blinding an adult who should no better and take more care, but chose not to. 

My point being is that if you are involved in any incident when someones actions put them at risk and fate determines you are involved, regardless of how innocent you are you would know that your car/ pull of the trigger injured them and you would have to deal with that

44 minutes ago, osteoshot said:

My point being is that if you are involved in any incident when someones actions put them at risk and fate determines you are involved, regardless of how innocent you are you would know that your car/ pull of the trigger injured them and you would have to deal with that

My point being that if it’s due to their own stupidity then that’s easy to do. 

• Supporters

Plus, if you kill a stupid kid, then you've cleansed the gene pool.

tenor.gif?itemid=4821571

A bit less frivolously, anyone who can "honestly" not feel the slightest twinge of conscience over pulling the trigger that results in someone being blinded is a fair way towards being a psychopath.  Perhaps that's not a good fit for playing with guns.

26 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

A bit less frivolously, anyone who can "honestly" not feel the slightest twinge of conscience over pulling the trigger that results in someone being blinded is a fair way towards being a psychopath.  Perhaps that's not a good fit for playing with guns.

I lost a tooth to someone shooting me in the face. He didn't feel the slightest bit guilty, didn't apologize. Personally if I had done the same the first thing I would have done was rush over to say sorry. I guess some people just have a bit more decorum than others in regards to unintentionally doing damage. If I take a shot that ends up being painful/doing damage to something/someone for whatever reason I usually make a point of finding the person after the game and apologizing and explaining the reason why I took the shot. It's usually taken for what it is but some people can be salty about it.

End of the day we play a game that does hurt and can do damage. In my opinion site staff are there for the following;

• Provide a site
  • Provide the games
  • Provide the rules
  • Provide a safe gaming experience 

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

I lost a tooth to someone shooting me in the face. He didn't feel the slightest bit guilty, didn't apologize. Personally if I had done the same the first thing I would have done was rush over to say sorry. I guess some people just have a bit more decorum than others in regards to unintentionally doing damage. If I take a shot that ends up being painful/doing damage to something/someone for whatever reason I usually make a point of finding the person after the game and apologizing and explaining the reason why I took the shot. It's usually taken for what it is but some people can be salty about it

Oh I will go and apologise out of politeness, but feel guilt? Nope

If it is the other way round the same though as if someone took the shot that did me I wouldn't feel like they need to apologise unless they actually did something wrong. We choose to play and we know there is a small risk so when something happens it is all on us.

2 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Oh I will go and apologise out of politeness, but feel guilt? Nope

If it is the other way round the same though as if someone took the shot that did me I wouldn't feel like they need to apologise unless they actually did something wrong. We choose to play and we know there is a small risk so when something happens it is all on us.

I guess my point is it doesn't cost anything to say sorry even if there wasn't anything wrong with what you did, even if just to make the person feel slightly less aggrieved. It can de-escelate a situation pretty quickly once something has been explained from the other side of the shot. For example you might think the person had your whole body in shot but if you look from the angle they shot from they may have only been able to see your head. so a legitimate shot but from the person on the other end may not have seen it in quite the same way. I find with A LOT of airsofters, as soon as they enter the field or are away from mummy and daddy manners go out the window and any form of decorum. Its sometimes quite amusing to see how someone who wouldn't normally say boo to a goose suddenly turns into a total cock when you put a RIF in their hand.

4 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

We choose to play and we know there is a small risk so when something happens it is all on us.

This. 

I was shot point blank in the back of the head head a couple of weeks ago by someone on my team. The guy profusely apologised at the time and when I saw him at regen. My response on both occasions was that it was my fault and shit happens. I’d stood up without checking my surroundings 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just now, clumpyedge said:

I find with A LOT of airsofters, as soon as they enter the field or are away from mummy and daddy manners go out the window and any form of decorum. Its sometimes quite amusing to see how someone who wouldn't normally say boo to a goose suddenly turns into a total cock when you put a RIF in their hand.

This is also true, tend to find people very shouty and aggressive on the field but suddenly go all quiet in the safe zone. 

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

I guess my point is it doesn't cost anything to say sorry even if there wasn't anything wrong with what you did

A Gentleman will ALWAYS apologize , even when he’s done f**k all wrong ! 😳

We are British after all ! 🇬🇧 😉

54 minutes ago, E21A said:

This is also true, tend to find people very shouty and aggressive on the field but suddenly go all quiet in the safe zone. 

This can be said about virtually any sport though. 

14 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

A real gentleman apologises for being shot, due to the mental anguish caused to the shooter.

Are you assuming my gender now? :D  

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4821571

Fair way towards being a psychopath? really?  If someone jumps out in front of my car and gets injured that's on them, likewise if someone chooses to wear inadequate PPE (see Ben from Stirling for a great example!) then likewise the injury caused is on them, their mistake, I did everything 100% by the book so why would I feel guilty at all?

34 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

Fair way towards being a psychopath? really?  If someone jumps out in front of my car and gets injured that's on them, likewise if someone chooses to wear inadequate PPE (see Ben from Stirling for a great example!) then likewise the injury caused is on them, their mistake, I did everything 100% by the book so why would I feel guilty at all?

Because a Psychopath has no empathy nor remorse. Not to say you may be at fault for the action that took place but to feel no emotion at the outcome would be unusual. It would be a natural reaction to feel this unless the action was a deliberate one....

... or you're a psychopath. :lol:

I wonder how quickly he will sue the site when he losses an eye blaming them for not protecting him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Supporters
47 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Because a Psychopath has no empathy nor remorse. Not to say you may be at fault for the action that took place but to feel no emotion at the outcome would be unusual. It would be a natural reaction to feel this unless the action was a deliberate one....

... or you're a psychopath. :lol:

Better get my meds upped then.

How many sites have been sued by players blaming them for inadequate protection or the marshal did not say!

• Supporters
1 hour ago, jcheeseright said:

Fair way towards being a psychopath? really?

Yes, really.  Being unable to feel empathy for an injured person irrespective of culpability is a key indicator.

It's OK, I don't think you're a psychopath, I think you're just playing one on the internets.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, gasman said:

How many sites have been SUCCESFULLY sued by players blaming them for inadequate protection or the marshal did not say!,

fixed that for you, probably none, the third party liability insurance ain't worth the paper its written on, if suitable eyepro (& its non removal in the play area) is discussed in the brieing & the site has your signature on a waiver then your pretty much screwed, you've essentially agreed your ok for numerous people to fire bb's at your person, irrespective of where they hit.

would imagine the only exception might be if you were a rental & the provided eyepro was substandard & failed mid game, even then you'd have a big fight on your hands to prove intentional negligence.

Archived