Someone f**ked up !

Druid799
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

This popped up on my Facebook feed this am , Glad to see Airsoft Billericay take safety so seriously ? 😳

PS the pic has now been removed from there Facebook gallery, funny that ? 🤫

8B93678C-43AF-4C56-971A-51E131778FF2.jpeg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was shared on our marshal page. Speaking to the owner, apparently they were custom ballistic glasses. Which personally, even if true. It's still shocking due to the massive gaps all around. 

Although, Ben of Stirling wears the same glasses but smaller. He owns the company though so there's no comeback. 

My take, fucking stupid of the site to allow that through a safety check.

Screenshot_2019-04-29-18-59-33-245_com.instagram.android.png

23 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Facebook feed

i also seen this, maybe its a marketing post and hes not in play ??

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Mad Rag said:

i also seen this, maybe its a marketing post and hes not in play ??

Nope he was in play , I’ve had it from a 3rd party that apparently his eye pro was misting up so he was going to wear a full mesh mask , but forgot to put it on ! WTF !!!!🤦‍♂️ 

• Supporters

Retards one & all, there are always options available for those who wear glasses, even if some of them are pricey, prob still cheaper than your average aeg, & your eyes are priceless after all 🙀

6 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

I literally have no idea how Ben still has both of his eyes.  

Lol. Nope me neither. Always makes me chuckle and shake my head when I see him. He's never particularly shy either about getting in a firefight. 

He's got bigger balls than me. However, I'd rather have my nice small ones and wear proper eyepro.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Retards one & all, there are always options available for those who wear glasses, even if some of them are pricey, prob still cheaper than your average aeg, & your eyes are priceless after all 🙀

What I want to know is where the f**k the marshals were when he left the safe zone ?😳

2 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

What I want to know is where the f**k the marshals were when he left the safe zone ?😳

Whitening their teeth and talking about last night's escapades at Sugar Hut

I guess this is where the cross over fails with Balltastic glasses and goggles. They may be good enough in the real world because there's more deadly rounds to worry about and they're more to stop shit flying about but in airsoft the risks are a little different. We worry about losing an eye rather than the stuff flying about... amongst other things we don't have to worry about.

It’s Skirmish Billericay, important to say because Airsoft Plantation, Billericay, is an entirely different and MUCH better site

1 hour ago, Immortal said:

I guess this is where the cross over fails with Balltastic glasses and goggles. They may be good enough in the real world because there's more deadly rounds to worry about and they're more to stop shit flying about but in airsoft the risks are a little different. We worry about losing an eye rather than the stuff flying about... amongst other things we don't have to worry about.

It’s also a matter of people taking the word “ballistic” to mean that if it’s good enough for real bullets then it’s good enough for BBs

Whilst failing to understand that the “ballistic” minimum is to protect from dust, dirt etc, going up to fragments (bits of concrete etc).

Only higher levels of the standards cover impact, then that covers impact on the lens .... its clearly not obvious to some people that a gaping gap isn’t covered by the impact standard

3 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

It’s also a matter of people taking the word “ballistic” to mean that if it’s good enough for real bullets then it’s good enough for BBs

Whilst failing to understand that the “ballistic” minimum is to protect from dust, dirt etc, going up to fragments (bits of concrete etc).

Only higher levels of the standards cover impact, then that covers impact on the lens .... its clearly not obvious to some people that a gaping gap isn’t covered by the impact standard

Indeed

2 hours ago, SgtTalbert said:

Although, Ben of Stirling wears the same glasses but smaller. He owns the company though so there's no comeback

This would be enough for me not to play at a site that allows that sort of eye pro on field of play. 

Ben might not care too much about his eyes and the massive gaps around those glasses. But I can tell you I would feel absolutely horrified if my shot was even possibly one that mushed an eye. 

People are crazy not wearing full seal goggles. Even full seal goggles aren't particularly safe, this happened when wearing revision desert locust. A BB ricocheted off my half facemask through into my goggles. Luckily it hit below my eye. 

Wear good eye protection always (better yet, full face)! especially in CQB

eye_shot.png

3 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

You say that, he plays every other weekend with that eyepro and has done for years and years... some kind of magic bb proof eyeballs I guess!

Nope.

It’s the same argument as not wearing a seat belt. I’ve never had an accident yet therefore I don’t  need to wear one

Risk/Benefit argument says for the sake of proper eye pro, you could lose your sight. Absolutely not worth it

• Supporters
1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

Nope.

It’s the same argument as not wearing a seat belt. I’ve never had an accident yet therefore I don’t  need to wear one

Risk/Benefit argument says for the sake of proper eye pro, you could lose your sight. Absolutely not worth it

The law says you must wear a seatbelt, the level of eyepro a person wears at an airsoft game is entirely their own lookout.

much like how some people will ride a motorcycle in shorts, not illegal, their choice!

1 minute ago, jcheeseright said:

The law says you must wear a seatbelt, the level of eyepro a person wears at an airsoft game is entirely their own lookout.

much like how some people will ride a motorcycle in shorts, not illegal, their choice!

Oh yes, not the law, but risk/benefit says it’s not worth it

3 hours ago, SgtTalbert said:

Although, Ben of Stirling wears the same glasses but smaller. He owns the company though so there's no comeback. 

There is a comeback with a higher power.

Have a little concerned word with the HSE, local council, or find out who insures the site.

The most extreme outcome being powers that can force a business to cease trading until they comply with safe practices.

Having the owner wear suitable eye protection ought not to take such drastic action as shutting the place down, but if they don’t take friendly advice ...

• Supporters

All comes down to just because something isn’t prohibited doesn’t mean you should do it , example there’s no law in the UK that says your not allowed to walk on the road bar motorways and ones that specify no pedestrians allowed, but just because you can won’t mean there’ll be hundreds of people walking along the road will it ? You use personal judgement on wether an action will have a neutral/positive or negative result , and act on that .

If you don’t and you get hit by a truck coming the other way then sorry bud you just proved mr Darwin was right ! ⚰️ 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, jcheeseright said:

You say that, he plays every other weekend with that eyepro and has done for years and years... some kind of magic bb proof eyeballs I guess!

He's obviously been lucky so far but it only takes one incident and an eye is gone for good 😣

It doesn't bother me if anyone wants to take that risk but if an accident did happen then what would be the legal responsibility for the shooter?  Even though players sign a waiver I don't know the legal extent they would cover.

They might still be vulnerable to be sued knowing they were shooting at someone without proper eye pro...

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Lasbrisas17 said:

People are crazy not wearing full seal goggles. Even full seal goggles aren't particularly safe, this happened when wearing revision desert locust. A BB ricocheted off my half facemask through into my goggles. Luckily it hit below my eye. 

Wear good eye protection always (better yet, full face)! especially in CQB

eye_shot.png

ouch, wearing borrowed goggles I took a bb into the little fleshy bit in the corner of the eye, the caruncula lacrimalis, Jesus, think of the worst kick in nuts & multiply it by ten, literally left me in a heap on the floor until the pain eased

Archived