WE Scar H 6mm AEG Gearbox upgrade

Swinny
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

That all depends what kind of upgrades you want. 

Are you trying to acheive high ROF? better trigger response? higher FPS? more range? 

If its new, leave it alone until it breaks and then upgrade? Don't want to chance the fact you might fuck up the upgrade and be left with a gun that doesn't work?

How confident are you in your abilities to strip and rebuild an aeg ? and be completely honest with yourself here, If it's your only gun are you happy to risk having it out of commission for some time if something goes wrong ? If you are confident then a tight bore barrel and a decent hop rubber are a good place to start, if you aren't then I would leave it alone and game it stock for a while. That will give you a chance to see how it performs and decide exactly what you want from it, how high a rate of fire do you want from it ? never understood the desire for insane rates of fire myself , but each to their own, is accuracy more important ? you may even decide to convert it to a DMR (Scar H makes a great DMR

I’m an electronics technician for the automotive industry so taking examining and rebuild small and synchronised parts and electronics is fine. I’m new to this and the gun is new to me so just want to improve my gun I have partially stripped and the hopup is sticking. So I’m not to bothered about downtime. How would it get converted to DMR

Just want to learn gotta start some ware if mistakes happen I will deal with them as and when. Chris

1 minute ago, Swinny said:

I’m an electronics technician for the automotive industry so taking examining and rebuild small and synchronised parts and electronics is fine. I’m new to this and the gun is new to me so just want to improve my gun I have partially stripped and the hopup is sticking. So I’m not to bothered about downtime. How would it get converted to DMR

Just want to learn gotta start some ware if mistakes happen I will deal with them as and when. Chris

If thats the case, just look at a few gearbox disassembly videos and read a few DMR build guides. Plenty of info out there. 

3 minutes ago, UKCYukarin said:

ak2m4.co.uk

should be literally all you need for upgrade parts.

I’ll second this, you won’t need to go anywhere else. 

Im just finishing a DMR project at the moment. It’s fairly easy to do. 

• Supporters

Only immediate issue you're likely to face is that the hop unit in a SCAR isn't a standard V2 type like you would find in an M4. The only aftermarket ones I've seen have been for the VFC SCAR or (I think) the next gen TM ones.

Archived