Gun loadout/setup help thanks

Veqtah
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all I wouldn't say I’m new to airsofting as I have been a fair few times, slowly chasing and adding bits to my gun load out. 

im currently running a dytac m4 cqb lone star edition with upgraded dytac la rail, internal silencer/tracer, upgraded spring and other upgraded internals for 330 FPS ish,

looking for scopes, grips, strobe torches and good iron sights and placement on all these things as like I said I don’t have a massive clue on stuff 

will post a picture of my gun below, have taken a few bits of like the vertical grip as was going to change to a hand foregrip also torch has now gone due to pressure plate breaking and scope is no longer there as sold and the iron sight is right at the back 

E420FA71-5C6D-46C1-B804-4DC6EFCCDCBF.jpeg

A very open ended question to be fair. What do you actually need? As in, what are you skirmishing and thinking to yourself "damn I wish I had a ......."?

Unless you're just after advice on every cheap chinese bit of tat to stick on it?

I just run an Acog 4x and a foregrip. Don't need more unnecessary things weighing you down 

• Supporters

Red dot sight, run the gun light a light pointable gun is underrated.

Only reason to put something on a gun is if you actually need it. Only time my gun sees a torch is at a night shoot.

Yeah the cqb area I run has lots of dark corridors and rooms that people love to camp in especially on certain game types hence why I want a strobe type 

30 minutes ago, Veqtah said:

Yeah the cqb area I run has lots of dark corridors and rooms that people love to camp in especially on certain game types hence why I want a strobe type 

That's the kind of key information you need to be forthcoming with.

So you want a torch that has a strobe option.

You mentioned your old pressure plate broke? Do you require a pressure plate with a new torch?

Come on dude, people on here won't spoon feed you. You must have a criteria you want from your newest purchase(s).

1 hour ago, Veqtah said:

my site banned strobe torches they won't even let you run a torch with a strobe mode (in reality they don't check but they are saying it as a there is NO excuses accepted if you turn it on by "accident") 

Why do you think strobe is a good feature anyway? 

• Supporters

Oh, strobes are effective, they're a sod to look or aim at.  They used to be allowed at the Depot if nobody fessed up to being epileptic.

Then they discovered that a great way to find out that you've got photosensitive epilepsy is to have a jillion China-lumens flashed in your eyes at the perfect frequency to trigger a seizure.

Banned.

I personally feel all that all is needed for CQB is;

• Gun, Obvs
  • Dot sight or holographic sight. I have a T1 dot sight, but currently bidding on a holo one on fleabay. I also removed the "iron sights"
  • Torch with strobe mode if permitted at site. I use this one it is not actually for Airsoft but it comes with a mount that I have put around my fore grip and I just push the button for activation as its right by my thumb it is bright and is zoom-able I also use this when i walk the dog in the dark.  https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XFM1P7Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I will try get a picture when I go home later for you to see 
  • Tracer. I don't have this yet but I am wanting one asap.

Quick question, the red on the front is that just para cord twined in as I kinda like the look of that. @Veqtah

@Rogerborg Still need to play with you at Depot now that I have a reliable rifle :P, MP5 is still going after its spat seemed to have fixed itself aha but I don't count on it need to get it into a tech. 

17 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Oh, strobes are effective, they're a sod to look or aim at.  They used to be allowed at the Depot if nobody fessed up to being epileptic.

Then they discovered that a great way to find out that you've got photosensitive epilepsy is to have a jillion China-lumens flashed in your eyes at the perfect frequency to trigger a seizure.

Banned.

Aye difference between airsoft and IRL is if your strobing someone the seizure they are about to suffer is a minor ailment compared to injuries the 556 rounds firing in their direction will cause. Same with lasers or infrared lasers the minor or major retina damage the enemy might suffer isn't really a problem. 

I can't even look at what I'm strobing it's so powerful with my Olight S1R Baton II let alone a proper sized torch being fired at me. 

Thanks for everyone’s help so far honestly appreciate it and yes @Mad Rag just red paracord from eBay, and just looked up some different designs and made it up, I like it too but need to add some more red to complement it, my site is cqb but also has some long areas outside as it’s an abandoned raf site so when your inside the houses it’s cqb but outside is also quite frequent too, yeah just want a strobe or something with at least strobe and high not one that’s runs through all the cycles becuase low and medium is not what I want that torch you have is the one I allready have and is the one that goes through all modes so annoying 

This is a more up to date photo of my gun, I’ve currently got the stock off due to checking if the magpul ubr stock replica would fit on my type gun, just looking st options for holographic or red dot like I have 2 different types in mind for sights and then didn’t know what to use fore-grip wise Becuase of comfort  

C60FD59A-0BF9-45A6-8916-C73E5FDC77F4.jpeg

Yeah man will look nice 

so tbh I’m looking at 2 options for scopes and 2 options for grips all 4 will be posted below, and then an option for a good torch with stobe only or stobe and high function 

holo or other raised scope

and 

vertical foregrip or the other style 

11110DCF-CD0D-4E8C-A661-A7CBA1D0174A.png

BE856FF5-1EBB-4A89-B69D-647557D14B90.png

A16E361E-BF46-4BCF-B214-0C00B1C12CBF.png

667EB56E-43F2-4C33-B71C-B61BBB3D69B5.png

My feedback would be to try keep the weight down so that it allows you to get you gun on target quicker.

Sights - I'd avoid the holo's as I've found them to be bloody awful, at least in my experience. My personal preference tends to be a decent red dot of some description. Replica's of the Aimpoint T-1 Red Dot are usually a solid option but if you're looking to maintain a wider field of vision an RMR or reflex sight might be a good option here.

Flashlight - I'd suggest getting one without a strobe but this is your discretion and any limitations imposed by your site. Personally I used to run strobes but I've since abandoned them as it seems there's increasing amounts of awareness in relation to seizure risks and I've found the constant lights to be perfectly suitable if used properly (effectiveness will vary depending on site conditions). Obviously some sites will allow them if  no one reports being at risk (like Roger mentioned).

Foregrips - this mostly falls down to whatever works for you but there is some science to it as well (there's various YouTube videos floating around on this topic). Personally I can't stand angled foregrips and have found my preference to be purely for vertical foregrips or none at all. Expect some trial and error in this area.

Tracers can be an absolute God send for CQB but beware of increased operating costs due to more expensive BB's.

One thing I would add is to get a protector for your sight, regardless of which site you end up picking.

@FreeFrag.UK thank you so much for this reply, really in depth and very much useful, I think I will stick maybe to a solid flashlight, my other one was great but is now broke due to pressure plate and can’t seem to find a pressure plate on its own, would be nice and useful for a good flashlight that has a 45 degrees mount or something and is quite bright lumens wise, in regards to the foregrip I shall buy an angled one as ghee generally quite cheap and if it don’t work I allways have my vertical to fall back on, also what protector would you recommend I do have one which is like a clear flip up style one but somehow managed to go past my last one and hit straight through my red dot breaking it but not my protector ? Lol 

@Veqtah which flashlight is it you currently own? It might be possible to replace the pressure pad by itself. Admittedly sometimes it's not cost effective to do so.

You can get various mounts for flashlights so in theory this shouldn't prove to be an issue. The key thing is obtaining accurate measurements for your light to see what's available.

When it comes to brightness there's a wide variation on the market. Unfortunately it doesn't appear as though every company is using the same method/unit when providing a lumens measurement. I'd also argue that you want to be careful what you're going for as it is theoretically possible to get lights with such high luminosity that they could inflict eye damage but fortunately this is highly unlikely to apply to any airsoft brand. Even if they're claiming 1000 lumen output.

Protector largely falls down to the type of sight. I run killflash's on some sights and a lexan protector on others. I'd argue the lexan is probably the best option but it'll require some craftsmanship on your part. The plastic pop up ones can be good options but you have to place them right. If you go down the lexan route you could also make one to protect your flashlight too.

I'd recommend setting yourself a budget and going from there as it's very easy to spend a heft chunk of change on accessories.

As long as you know what it is you're looking for, and can recognise who the quality sellers are, then AliExpress can be a good source. Postage wise a lot of the retailers will offer free postage but I'd suggest only using those which offer the "epacket" option. Be aware that customs may wish to extract their pound of flesh when ordering outside of the UK/EU. Personally I tend to use quite a few items made by a company called "Element Airsoft" but their website can be a bit of a pain to navigate. If you're looking for their stuff on aliexpress then I'd suggest looking here for "element" stuff or their more expensive line up is known as Night-Evolution. If you do decide to buy from aliexpress then pay close attention to the "Sold By: xxx" bit which is on the left hand bar next to product details.

Unfortunately it can be a bit of a crap shoot when it comes to airsoft products. This may muddy the water but as a point of reference I still have a cheapo flashlight I got off eBay, which included a mount, that is still going strong although the pressure pad has failed as of last weekend. I also have a T1 Red Dot clone which are relatively cheap too from eBay (if memory serves) which has proven itself.

There are some great deals out there but there's a lot of rubbish too. I'd suggest just doing your best on the research front.

Yeah think I’m going to try go for a t1 replica, and also a protector to cover this type of sight 

also I don’t fully remember my torch brand, it was Definatly a fairly high priced one if my memory is correct think it was about 60 pound, the only problem well I suppose I don’t know if it’s a problem or not is that it has a mount already welded too it, which is obviously not detachable I’ll see if I can find a photo with my gun and With it on 

6B3C03F2-FC9C-45F4-A0D1-2E70D9DA0258.jpeg

• Supporters
8 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Sights - I'd avoid the holo's as I've found them to be bloody awful, at least in my experience.

I'd recommend holos as I've found enclosed dots to be bloody awful, at least in my experience. ;)

You're going to have to find out what works for you, it's a matter of preference.

@Veqtah it's probably a Surefire clone as most real ones are in excess of £100... If not multiple hundreds.

If you'd like anyone to have a look at it then feel free to drop a link but most of the clones tend to be spot on for slinging plastic.

I'd also take note of Roger's point. A lot of airsoft is a matter of personal preference and it'll take some experimentation to form your own opinions, and to find what works for you.

• Supporters
14 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Tracers can be an absolute God send for CQB but beware of increased operating costs due to more expensive BB's.

I'd agree with everything you say except this bit. They're really not that much more expensive that you should worry about it!

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Veqtah said:

Found my torch brand it’s A surefire m600 model with a pressure plate back 

real or clone like this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AIRSOFT-EMERSON-SUREFIRE-STYLE-WEAPON/dp/B00PY0DTSQ

i had a similar one on my G33 for using at UA, the wire came out of the pad so i got another one, as link (first one only had pad) and put the pad on one and cap on the other, two working torches!

Also use a Eotech clone but forget and tend to watch the BBs! :lol:

but whats posted will be fine at UA for the darker rooms, tracers ive used a few times but tend to not bother anymore. TBH, i now use the LED lenser 7 series with gun mount as has other uses when im not playing and then i dont get moaned at by the wife for buying stuff i never use!

You are aware that UA is supposed to close come the summer, they have been saying for ages but i think it may be it this time so maybe dont rush into anything if you have to change game site

Yeah it’s only a replica, found a couple of them on eBay and messaged a guy to see if they sold the pressure plates separate which they do, about £14 if anyone can find cheaper then will be buzzing also, and good pressure plate holders that screw onto the barrel ? Or any alternatives other than messy tape or paracord like I did last time, 

Archived