1911 query

Too0ld
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all

I've been hearing some conflicting information that I'm hoping someone can help clear up. I've been told by some that a lot of 1911s cannot clear an entire mag on one gas fill, I'm talking your classic 1911s and MEUs with the standard slim mags, not the extended mags or hi capas etc. I understand that weather conditions can be a factor with this. The reason I ask is that I was quite interested in a couple of models in the TM warrior series but having been informed of this potential issue I played it safe and got a hi capa (which turned out to be probably my best decision in airsoft so far)

I've since been told and read that this isn't an issue but more of an urban myth and is more likely due to poor maintenance, faults, low quality brand or misuse in terms of correct gas for the conditions.

So can anyone help clear this up for me?

Thanks

Guest Yukarin

In the summer months they can clear a magazine no problem, its when it starts getting cold that it struggles to (even the TMs).

2 minutes ago, UKCYukarin said:

In the summer months they can clear a magazine no problem, its when it starts getting cold that it struggles to (even the TMs).

This is correct. 

The new TM M45A1's have new 1911 style mags which replace the plastic bumper with a slightly larger gas reservoir. These mags are backwards compatibile with all 1911 and Warrior series. I replaced all of my standard 1911 mags with them for my Strike Warrior. I can get through a mags worth for all but 4 of the coldest months. 

Thanks for clearing that up for me guys, much appreciated, I did not know the M45A1s had better mags so this is really useful.

Not sure but I do believe the m45 also has some small tweaks to the internals to help efficiency but don't quote me. The new TM V10 should be nice if you like the styling as it's running the newer 15mm bbu. Only thing is it has a slightly smaller mag and I'm not sure if it'll take any tm style 1911 mag due to the new bbu. This said I always found my detonics very efficient. Although the slide is smaller than the even the v10 the bbu had a smaller volume than the standard 14mm bbu's and a smaller mag than the v10.

I have the TM 1911 MEU, and I love it. But it is absolute pants in cold weather, Ive tried normal MEU/1911 mags and the new M45 ones. Theres not much of a difference and it does struggle to empty a full mag on cold days using either mag and running green/propane. 

In warmer weather theyre absolutely fine and work no problem. Its just not a winter gun. My trusty P226 fills the winter role nicely. Though Im thinking of retiring that in favour of the XDm which is like a bastard lovechild of the 1911/Glock/P226 all rolled into one.

20 minutes ago, Tiercel said:

I have the TM 1911 MEU, and I love it. But it is absolute pants in cold weather, Ive tried normal MEU/1911 mags and the new M45 ones. Theres not much of a difference and it does struggle to empty a full mag on cold days using either mag and running green/propane. 

In warmer weather theyre absolutely fine and work no problem. Its just not a winter gun. My trusty P226 fills the winter role nicely. Though Im thinking of retiring that in favour of the XDm which is like a bastard lovechild of the 1911/Glock/P226 all rolled into one.

try guarder or nuprol black gas

Ive always been a little hesitant to try them in an all plastic stock TM pistol as they may be a little overkill. But I'll give them a try next time. Then again some people are adamant TM pistols will explode on regular green gas and I've never had that happen in the past decade of airsofting either.

2 hours ago, Tiercel said:

Ive always been a little hesitant to try them in an all plastic stock TM pistol as they may be a little overkill. But I'll give them a try next time. Then again some people are adamant TM pistols will explode on regular green gas and I've never had that happen in the past decade of airsofting either.

fine when its cold just makes them run like it was green when it starts to get lack luster on green. Certain ones I wouldn't but 1911-2011 type will be fine. 

Archived