PTS PDR-C Questions. Mags and Motor

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all. 

Just had a few questions to all the PDR-C owners (Both of them :P)

Used it in a mil-sim last night with some fairly new Nuprol N-Types. The PDR-C suffered badly from midcap syndrome, where the springs were too strong to feed if the mag was above 2/3rds capacity (120 round cap). Can someone recommend me some perfect feeding Mid cap mags if possible? Preferably not as expensive as the PTS ones!

Looking at replacing the motor as it's a bit anaemic. Do I need to pull apart the gearbox, or is the motor cage a separate part of the gearbox?

Cheers all ;)

You need to pull the box apart , giving the feed tube a good polish while your at it will help also . Cant help with mags sorry 

2 minutes ago, johnnyj said:

You need to pull the box apart , giving the feed tube a good polish while your at it will help also . Cant help with mags sorry 

Wouldn't that make things worse? 

My issue is that the spring inside the mag is t
oo powerful and bbs put more pressure on the Nozzle then it should so that it will not fire the first few rounds of the mag. If I decreased the friction by polishing then wouldn't the bbs come out faster and put more pressure on the nozzle?

I would rather just get some good feeding mags for the PDRC then anything.

Worked on a couple when they first came out and the feed tubes was rough as a badgers arse and could scuff up the bb's before they got near the hop also gave feed issues . I would think the issue is more the pressure is jamming them in the feed tube rather than on the nozzle but sure some one with newer experience will be a long soon 

• Supporters

Try the Ares Amoeba 2 piece mags. You can get them really cheap and they feed well. Pretty sure they fit ok but some PDR-Cs can be a dick.

Never actually opened one up but if the bbs are preventing the nozzle going back I would be opening it up and having look as that should not be a thing.

5 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Try the Ares Amoeba 2 piece mags. You can get them really cheap and they feed well. Pretty sure they fit ok but some PDR-Cs can be a dick.

Never actually opened one up but if the bbs are preventing the nozzle going back I would be opening it up and having look as that should not be a thing.

Truth is, I get midcap syndrome on my brand new P90 Midcaps, pretty sure this is the same problem with my Nuprol N-Type M4 mags which are just as new. I haven't really used them for more then two or three skirmishes so haven't been bedded in. 

I'll be doing some experimentation with my other midcaps on Tuesday hopefully. 

I mean if I have to replace the tappet spring with something stronger then I guess i'll have to ;). PDR-Cs AND P90 do have pretty notorious mag issues in general. 

17 minutes ago, johnnyj said:

Worked on a couple when they first came out and the feed tubes was rough as a badgers arse and could scuff up the bb's before they got near the hop also gave feed issues . I would think the issue is more the pressure is jamming them in the feed tube rather than on the nozzle but sure some one with newer experience will be a long soon 

I'll definitely take a look at this. Do I need to pull the gearbox apart or can I just stick a pencil with 2000 grit up the magwell? (ooh err missus)

2 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Although Ares guns are often shite their mags are very good. Only ones I bother with for m4 midcaps.

Well... Ares did make the PDR-C for PTS ;)

I mean my Nuprol N-Types are great mags, they fit well in the PDR-C its just the springs are too strong! I guess I am really looking for crap mag with weak springs that fits well!

3 minutes ago, johnnyj said:

sorry to say its a strip the box to polish the tube give it a quick google you will see what i mean

That's a shame. I am aware that the Tube is part of the gearbox. 

I already have a couple of gearboxes open on the bench (V6 and V3), so it will have to wait for now. Thanks for the tip though! 

Archived