What HPA Tank & Reg suited for MP9 GBB use?

Opforia

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, I have a ASG/KWA GBB MP9 SMG with a Tappairsoft HPA "tapazine" adapter (see image) so just getting into the HPA side of things and need purchase advise about what rig I need. 

I'm aware that I require the final regulator output to be quite low (SLP?) (80PSI to 130PSI perhaps) and believe the Balystik HPR800C V2 Regulator might do the job.

Can you recommend a complete rig (line, reg, tank) that preferably is instock (in the UK) and also may be compatible with HPA (fusion engine etc) should I go in that direction in the future?

This last bit isn't the most important factor, just nice to have 👍

Screenshot_20190407-230619.jpg

• Supporters

the balystik reg you're referring to can do very low pressures, i use mine regularly in the 75-85 psi range and have used it previously as low as 30.

slp referrs to the input side of the regulator, the output is normally adjustable over a pretty wide range.

Cheers, I figured I was on the right track with the balystik. What I'm just not sure about is putting together a complete rig for the setup I require (low pressure for GBB).

I.e. will the balystik work with any standard hpa tank or does it require some SLP specific type tank? And then do I require a special SLP line or can that be standard too?

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, Opforia said:

Cheers, I figured I was on the right track with the balystik. What I'm just not sure about is putting together a complete rig for the setup I require (low pressure for GBB).

I.e. will the balystik work with any standard hpa tank or does it require some SLP specific type tank? And then do I require a special SLP line or can that be standard too?

the balystik goes on a standard tank, and takes a standard airline.

the slp regs require a special tank but can take a standard airline, and the specific airlines are for the likes of tippmans that take the output direct from the bottle.

22 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

the balystik goes on a standard tank, and takes a standard airline.

the slp regs require a special tank but can take a standard airline, and the specific airlines are for the likes of tippmans that take the output direct from the bottle.

Thanks for this info! Ok so to clarify...

My GBB will be quite happy (with extra lubrication regularly required obvs) running a Balystik Reg attached to a 3000PSI standard tank with a standard line.

On a side note -  if the Balystik isn't SLP is it LPR?

• Supporters
54 minutes ago, Opforia said:

Thanks for this info! Ok so to clarify...

My GBB will be quite happy (with extra lubrication regularly required obvs) running a Balystik Reg attached to a 3000PSI standard tank with a standard line.

On a side note -  if the Balystik isn't SLP is it LPR?

the balystik takes up to 1000psi input (which is the output for most standard paintball type tanks, like the tippman) and can output anywhere between about 20-200 psi.

http://www.highpressureairsoft.co.uk/store/p73/Tank%2C_Line_and_Regulator_Package.html

that kit should do, although i can't say if the fittings they're using are the same as your tapp mag, although they look pretty similar.

8 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

the balystik takes up to 1000psi input (which is the output for most standard paintball type tanks, like the tippman) and can output anywhere between about 20-200 psi.

http://www.highpressureairsoft.co.uk/store/p73/Tank%2C_Line_and_Regulator_Package.html

that kit should do, although i can't say if the fittings they're using are the same as your tapp mag, although they look pretty similar.

Thanks a lot. That's been a big help to get me started. I'll clarify the fitting with Tappairsoft before I commit.

1 hour ago, sjhirst said:

Hi,

I used to run that Balistyk set up on A WE GBB Scar and KWA AK47 so I think your mp9 will do grand.

The psi was around the 110 mark and was perfect for them.

Yes I believe the Balystik is defo the way to go for my needs. I've spoken to 'High Pressure Airsoft' about that and a line and tank also. Just waiting to hear back on a stock-check. I also had Tappairsoft confirm that the mag adapter has a US/Foster fitting 👍

• 2 years later...

@Opforia

Hey,

I'm looking to run my MP9 with HPA so was curious what set up you settled on in the end? I don't have any HPA guns or gear so any advice would be useful. Thanks👍

4 minutes ago, NathanW8 said:

@Opforia

Hey,

I'm looking to run my MP9 with HPA so was curious what set up you settled on in the end? I don't have any HPA guns or gear so any advice would be useful. Thanks👍

Massive necro post, OP hasn’t  been on line since Sep 2019 🤣🤣

• 2 months later...
On 26/11/2021 at 21:48, NathanW8 said:

@Opforia

Hey,

As OP might not answer 🙃 ... I picked up a tank, line and reg package from high pressure airsoft for £125 - see link below. That hooks up to my tapp airsoft drum mag and works like a charm my MP9. Just make sure you keep your gun lubed up and should be good to go.

https://www.highpressureairsoft.co.uk/store/p73/Tank%2C_Line_and_Regulator_Package.html

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.