New gun from patrol base with 291fps SA-E12

thanh
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/specna-arms-sa-e12-edge-carbine?fv=9283

The specification said it was 310fps. I'm new to the sport and this is my gun, does this mean patrol base has an m90 spring inside my gun as the fps I would like is 330. Was wondering what spring I would need to get to 320 to 330 nothing above that fps. Also should I contact them unless this is suppose to happen.

Specs quote 310 fps plus or minus 10 % Your 291 is well within that 10 % Springs vary , an M100 based on a multiplier of 3.3 to convert from M/s to fps should give you 330. However I have an M95 spring in my L119 build and its in the 340's. How well the gun is sealed will affect your output, air leaks in the piston or hop will drop the figure. TBH 291 is an ok figure, get your hop set up well and you will be getting plenty of range. 

That said its quite easy to change the spring in one of those so if you do want to push it up it doesn't involve stripping the gun so you could try an M100 to see where you end up.

• Supporters

Ignoring the FPS , what’s the range and accuracy like ? If there acceptable (be realistic) then you don’t need to change anything. 

• Supporters

As above (qualified).

These are expensive toys, not pieces of quality engineering.  The smallest air leak or a fraction of mm gap between your nozzle and bucking can reduce the energy output.  Conversely, as a toy gun beds in, the energy can increase - my G36 went from a disappointing 280 up to 330 just through use.  Yours might not though.

As to ignoring the fps/energy, the BBs don't care about airsoft magical thinking.  They will go as far as their linear velocity (speed, direction) and angular velocity (backspin) dictate.  Given the cost of springs, and that you've got a quick change system, I'd go ahead and buy an M105 or even M110, sling them in there and see what happens.  You can lop a coil or two off the end to reduce the energy a bit: after cutting, heat the last coils with a lighter and flatten them out again.

Be aware this might reduce your RoF or semi auto response: damn physics again.

• Supporters

or

KEEP CALM IF IT AIN'T BROKEN DON'T FIX IT Poster ___.png

Have you adjusted the hop? Adjusting the hop to increase the effect/range will result in less FPS

• 11 months later...

Just received a SA - E12 and I’m disappointed. Not yet fired it but already the build quality is poor. Wobbly trigger guard, crisp packet mock bolt cover and the dust cover won’t stay shut! - Nuprol has better build quality - NUPROL. I am disappointed and depending on how it shoots is going to determine if I keep it or send it on back. 

2 hours ago, RonLancs said:

Just received a SA - E12 and I’m disappointed. Not yet fired it but already the build quality is poor. Wobbly trigger guard, crisp packet mock bolt cover and the dust cover won’t stay shut! - Nuprol has better build quality - NUPROL. I am disappointed and depending on how it shoots is going to determine if I keep it or send it on back. 

Id send it straight back, otherwise PB will find a way to wiggle out of it

Send it back for another one or choose a different weapon. Tempted to just wait it out and get a budget of like 400. Just wanted a little CQB’r but I just cant ignore these little things - 179£ at the end of the day. 

Cant believe my Nuprol Delta is better quality!! 

Archived