Tm vsr hpa problems

ThisKillaDT
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok, so I have had my vsr for a bit, never been happy with it, as I was with my springer vsr.

it always shoots inconsistently, like 2 out of 20 I am aiming at. 

In perfect conditions I can get 6 out of 10 in a 250 mm target at 70 yards in doors. .43 asg precision bbs tried Geoff’s .45 and even worse

following mods.

action army hoop up unit

mancraft kit.

purple rubber changed to a tan auto bot so I was told. (No improvement)

pdi raven 6.01 barrel

Barrel spacers.

honestly it’s a p.i.t.a

my Tm 416 with 6.04 with Prometheus hope and flat nub shoots at full auto more consistently and further.

it goes from 3 to 2 on the bar dial within 100 shots, is this correct usage?

i shoot 488fps at 80 psi.

i use action army mags.

i am looking to upgrade to cnc receiver from rainbow 8 and new barrel. 6.o3 crazy jet barrel, 50,60 & 70 rubber.

am I missing something?

To be honest I am not sure what nub it is. It’s just a standard black cylinder one. 

Hasnt been rhopped or flat nubbed.

I understand that they are a poor choice now. 

But for a hpa gun it just seems very lacking 

Maple leaf buckings require a concave nub to work properly. Also, if you have a chrono, check your fps consistency, if its not very consistent (a 5fps deviation is acceptable), then somewhere in your rifle is a leak.

First thing to sort is your bucking. Autobots must use a concave nub.

Try a bit of PTFE to seal the bucking on to the barrel as well. The barrel itself won't affect your shot to shot consistency but generally they aren't the best. 

Does your barrel have a bridge? You also can't use a bridged barrel with an autobot.

Crazyjets are supposed to be really good for HPA, although you haven't mentioned which you have I'd really recommend going as longer barrel as you can. My springer G-SPEC uses a 430mm inner barrel (you can extend the barrel through the silencer) and I've seen guys running 500mm inner barrels with a longer suppressor. The longer your barrel, the better your efficiency will be and the quieter it will be.

**If you have a G-SPEC you can get some really saucy barrel spacer/s from FireSupport under the Silverback branding to support your barrel in the standard G-SPEC suppressor!

I think the barrel has a window. A concaved nub? 

It says a 470mm

911515E6-BAC5-471B-9C96-1A147EE3ED56.png

1 hour ago, UKCYukarin said:

Maple leaf buckings require a concave nub to work properly. Also, if you have a chrono, check your fps consistency, if its not very consistent (a 5fps deviation is acceptable), then somewhere in your rifle is a leak.

It is less than 5fps.

i noticed in the action army hop unit has been getting caught by the mancraft nozzle 

3 minutes ago, ThisKillaDT said:

I think the barrel has a window. A concaved nub? 

It says a 470mm

911515E6-BAC5-471B-9C96-1A147EE3ED56.png

It is less than 5fps.

i noticed in the action army hop unit has been getting caught by the mancraft nozzle 

Stock barrel length is 430mm so you would have to remove the End cap on that one and the inner barrel would stick out.

Maple leaf omega nub is an example of a concave nub.

Also if your nozzle is getting caught then there are some allignment issues, I had this in my VSR and fixed the problem by buying bigger guide rings from shapeways to eliminate cylinder wobble.

28 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

First thing to sort is your bucking. Autobots must use a concave nub.

Try a bit of PTFE to seal the bucking on to the barrel as well. The barrel itself won't affect your shot to shot consistency but generally they aren't the best. 

Does your barrel have a bridge? You also can't use a bridged barrel with an autobot.

Crazyjets are supposed to be really good for HPA, although you haven't mentioned which you have I'd really recommend going as longer barrel as you can. My springer G-SPEC uses a 430mm inner barrel (you can extend the barrel through the silencer) and I've seen guys running 500mm inner barrels with a longer suppressor. The longer your barrel, the better your efficiency will be and the quieter it will be.

**If you have a G-SPEC you can get some really saucy barrel spacer/s from FireSupport under the Silverback branding to support your barrel in the standard G-SPEC suppressor!

470mm I got last night, I have the one with the silencer 50 & 60 bucking. 

Will have a look look at the spacers.

is there a link to the nub please. Is there anything else you would recommend?

22 minutes ago, UKCYukarin said:

Stock barrel length is 430mm so you would have to remove the End cap on that one and the inner barrel would stick out.

Maple leaf omega nub is an example of a concave nub.

Also if your nozzle is getting caught then there are some allignment issues, I had this in my VSR and fixed the problem by buying bigger guide rings from shapeways to eliminate cylinder wobble.

It has a silencer on it already, the pdi sticks out into the silencer

Archived