1911 Hip Holster

Mad Rag
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey, 

I'm wanting a hip holster for my KWC 1911 GBB. I have a drop leg just now however I am no longer liking it, moves around too much and it (pardon the pun) drops down to much during game. I have had a look at a few but the problem I have is the torch on the lower rail. Any ideas/links would be greatly appreciated. 

Also whist here I have a Valken ASL M4 but the front rail that goes over the barrel is plastic and I would like to if possible change this to metal (in tan to match the gun) again any ideas?  

Thanks all :) 

15549785563645669881560539771020.thumb.jpg.98e6a7e90e3551fab143e325a1a82d3c.jpg

• Supporters

in your situation, I'd be looking at getting a custom formed kydex holster, the lights the issue, while there are safarilands etc, they're generally for specific lights on specific guns, plus wanting a high on the hip fitment adds another criteria that may be hard to meet.

• Supporters

Before you do what we all do and buy something new to replace what you have, what drop-leg do you have as it sounds like it just needs a bit of adjustment...

21 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Before you do what we all do and buy something new to replace what you have, what drop-leg do you have as it sounds like it just needs a bit of adjustment...

its one i got off amazon.  https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KKC86HW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Mad Rag said:

OK, I would ditch the top bit of strap and the big buckle. Loop the bottom bit of strap over your belt and adjust it so the holster sits on your hip joint (not right on the belt though unless you don't wear plate carrier). Next, if the top leg strap is now too high to go round your leg ditch that too. Your aim is to have the leg strap as high into your crotch as you can comfortably manage. Then adjust the holster itself to be as tight on the gun as you can without making it too slow to draw or popping out your magazine.

It won't be perfect but it'll be a lot better!

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Lozart said:

OK, I would ditch the top bit of strap and the big buckle. Loop the bottom bit of strap over your belt and adjust it so the holster sits on your hip joint (not right on the belt though unless you don't wear plate carrier). Next, if the top leg strap is now too high to go round your leg ditch that too. Your aim is to have the leg strap as high into your crotch as you can comfortably manage. Then adjust the holster itself to be as tight on the gun as you can without making it too slow to draw or popping out your magazine.

It won't be perfect but it'll be a lot better!

the advice i remember hearing was "remove the top strap if you ever want to have children"

@Lozart your a gem, this worked great i didnt realise how adjustable the holster was. i removed the top leg strap (they just Velcro in through a slot) and to the belt buckle out. now the it Velcros arouynd the belt. now sits on my hip rather than my leg and it is so much easier to draw :D  

• Supporters
On 28/04/2019 at 09:27, Mad Rag said:

@Lozart your a gem, this worked great i didnt realise how adjustable the holster was. i removed the top leg strap (they just Velcro in through a slot) and to the belt buckle out. now the it Velcros arouynd the belt. now sits on my hip rather than my leg and it is so much easier to draw :D  

Happy to help!

On 28/04/2019 at 09:27, Mad Rag said:

I just did similar with my viper drop leg for my 1911 and it's a revelation.  Great info and its much better isn't it!?

4 minutes ago, MagpieAirsoft said:

I just did similar with my viper drop leg for my 1911 and it's a revelation.  Great info and its much better isn't it!?

much better is an understatement hahah, its a saved money on a new holster and b well see a. lol  but yeah such a difference. 

• Supporters

Most people that say they hate droplegs are just using them wrong. It's not helped by people like Viper making them with no instructions or indications of how to adjust them.

I've been in your position and worked it out from a couple of YT vids and some time so if I can help someone else out then it's all good!

@Lozart this worked a bloody treat tonight holster was brilliant and really comfy so comfy I forgot to take it off and didn't realise till I got home

• Supporters

Looking for good advice is like anything else , you ask the right question ;

“my drop leg holster is just not sitting right/moving around too much what can I do ?” You get it .👍

you don’t ask the right question ;

“what drop leg should I buy/use ? mines crap !” You don’t ! 🤦‍♂️

And this chaps question is quite obviously worded perfectly ! Simples ! 😂😂

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, Musica said:

I've ordered a similar product hope the advice holds true for me as well 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392238894202 

Yeah, that's basically the same product. Butcher it as above and hopefully it should be fine for you too!

Archived