ASP UAR

Jester_UK
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have just modified my ASP UAR to a deans connector and also changed the connectors on the battery. The rifle was fine before hand, but when I connected up the battery after the mod, the rifle fired one shot and then wouldn't fire again on semi or auto. I connected up a different battery and again it fired one shot and then stopped. I checked the battery on a different rife and it worked fine.

I made sure I had the correct polarity on the battery and rifle connectors. I don't really want to take it apart unless I have to so just wanted to check if anybody has any ideas before I do?

Thanks in advance.

• Supporters

FUSE ???

Shit soldering - weak solder joint that blew/broke at deans connector when tested

Stretched wiring when soldering deans than loosened/pulled on motor connector, coming adrift

(I say motor connector but could have come off v3 switch on box)

UAR I think has a copper plate selector plate than can play up on semi but fine on auto

you say won't fire on on auto or semi so doubt if this is an issue in this case

I'd say from initial guess popped fuse if fitted or bad solder joint on gun's dean connector

(soz if you are a legend at soldering, but many are not that good at soldering and seen some piss poor deans fitted to guns)

Or wire pulled from motor if you stretched/pulled wires too hard

If gun was wired back to front on polarity then the AR latch "should" stop the gun trying to cycle in reverse

(well it should do, some small tamiya converters have the wire polarity back to front and locked box running in reverse)

that's my initial guesses atm - check your soldering/wiring for anything suspect on gun

(battery works in other gun(s) so presume you know & followed the polarity on battery/deans connector OK)

something daft I'd say

• Supporters

Did you wire the deans plug on the right way round? (Not trying to treat you like an idiot, but there is a correct way)

Yup I was extremely careful about getting the polarity right. My soldering is not great but it did the job. I did a partial disassembly as the fuse is slotted inside next to the hop up and not easy to get to and it had blown. Not sure how but it's now back together and I've put two mid caps through it with no problems. Now I will have a pop at converting my G&G cm16 hopefully with less drama lol.

Archived