Ares Striker as01

Alexharris246
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Does anybody have any experience with one of this? If so are they good or bad? Wanted to get a taste of sniping and found a good deal on one.

yeah, it's basically a very nice little rifle, I ran mine for 3 months before starting to upgrade so the wear on the parts is not too bad. One small thing that I would recommend getting off the bat is a hop up adjusting wheel. I know it sounds small and petty but I got one recently and it just makes life so much easier not having to remove the scope every time you want to adjust the hop up   

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Solly4568 said:

so the wear on the parts is not too bad.

I bought Airsoft Camman's AS02 and he only used it in one game. The cylinder was already half destroyed. It is indeed made of cheese.

8 hours ago, Solly4568 said:

hop up adjusting wheel

I put an M4 screw in it with a spring.

PHOTO_20190426_194753.jpg.48f9e618a8e872a164d334c88524d5d5.jpg

I'd get the 02.

Solves some problems of the 01 design (cylinder volume to barrel ratio, 90° sears and the pin is kept in place by a screw rather than friction).

Cylinder is trash, upgrade to a steel one with welded pins.

Some small upgrades are removing the stupid safety sear, the cocking indicator (neat feature for a stock gun but it's not well designed) and the already mentioned hop adjustment wheel.

Other than that, it's a solid gun for the price. Mine shoots like a laser with the stock hop/barrel combo.

Archived