Travelling from Germany to the Uk with airsoft

Dave34.5
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everybody,

my name is David and I will visit the Uk for two months and I would like to take part in a few airsoft events and for that take my own guns with me.

i would fly and I’m worried how to get the guns in.

all I read is I need a lisence or reason to own them or even paint them.

but I want to take them in, play and leave the country with them again.

does anybody know what to do and how to get the guns in under what rules ? 

And is there and number or email to ask border force for questions ? 

I cant find anything on the government websites.

thank you very much 

David

There isn’t a licence, what people often call a licence is UKARA player membership.

That is only one method to support evidence that someone is a player (skirmisher) as proof that any RIF that they purchase or import is for the purpose of playing airsoft

There are no schemes for you as you will be coming as a visitor

That does not mean you cannot bring your RIFs, but it does mean you will want to be cautious that you don’t lose your RIFs at the border.

Relevant legislation is the VCRA.  That does not define what the ‘evidence’ is

I would recommend:

1) contacting Border Force (I think there is a previous thread on someone travelling in but that may not have the contact details)

2) bring with you something that shows you will be playing, ideally dates and venues.  Even better if you have correspondence with a site saying you are visiting the country and have a booking

3) check your airlines baggage policy etc 

Make sure your RIFs are secure, but also ready for inspection 

4) Have some printed magazines in your bag to show its a game 

Here is some information on how different airlines handle airsoft guns. As for importing you need a defense or a reason for owning them, the most common one is being a member of an UKARA affiliated airsoft sight. Probably the easiest way for you to import them is to ship them to someone with a UKARA number. You could also try contacting UKAPU and see if they have any insight for you case.

Thank you for all your answers.

So if I sign online for a bunch of events and print the payment out, that could be a proof that I will play airsoft there ?

I sadly don’t know anybody who has UKARA and I’m nit staying long enough to get a UKARA 

57 minutes ago, Dave34.5 said:

Thank you for all your answers.

So if I sign online for a bunch of events and print the payment out, that could be a proof that I will play airsoft there ?

I sadly don’t know anybody who has UKARA and I’m nit staying long enough to get a UKARA 

That may be enough proof, it might not be. Contact UK Border Force like said previously in this thread.

• Supporters
54 minutes ago, Dave34.5 said:

It should be enough, yes. There is no hard set procedure for it unfortunately. That's for customs. Airlines are a different thing, you should definitely contact them beforehand.

Also make sure you have real looking attachments in your check in luggage. Once I had to leave the full plastic G36 mags behind because there were bullet imitations in them and they couldn't go in the hand luggage. Security flagged them.

If it turns out to be too much of a hassle, just rent the gun on the day. 99.9% of sites have rental guns which are not bad, and you can bring your attachments and gear in your luggage, which you can use.

My rifle runs at around 325 to 350 and my pistol at 325.  But I can lower it any time.

i don’t like renting a rifle because it makes it a lot more expensive and I would like to use my own ones.  I have seen some great fields I wanna try out.

I’m gonna fly with flybe. Online they say the ship real firearm. So I think they will be ok with airsoft but I will for sure give them a call

On 25/04/2019 at 10:36, Dave34.5 said:

My rifle runs at around 325 to 350 and my pistol at 325.  But I can lower it any time.

i don’t like renting a rifle because it makes it a lot more expensive and I would like to use my own ones.  I have seen some great fields I wanna try out.

I’m gonna fly with flybe. Online they say the ship real firearm. So I think they will be ok with airsoft but I will for sure give them a call

it would be good if you can give us an update on how you get on. 

23 minutes ago, Dave34.5 said:

Well I talked to the airline and German customs and both say it’s alright. 

But I can’t find the contact details for the border force of the uk 

try calling the airport you'll be landing in? might be able to redirect you to the border force staff inside the airport.

1 hour ago, Dave34.5 said:

Thank You 🙂. Yea I will try to call the airport and I tried to call that number. I waited 10 mins and nobody picked up.

in that case just try calling the airport, where are you flying to 

Archived