Nuprol Raven EU18

ieuanam
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, I am a new player, when I say new, I mean a 16 year old who started airsoft when he was 15 which was around 10 months ago when first started. I only play with a Nuprol Delta Pioneer Defender and looking to upgrade to a better gun. I also have the dreaded Nuprol Raven EU18. When I mean dreaded I mean, what is going on. The local shop to me Allsorts Airsoft, they stock a lot of Nuprol stuff and recommend literally everything Nuprol. The problem I have is that over time I bought 4 of these £25 pistol magazines which always leak. Its my first GBB and even getting gas magazines new out the box they already leak.

I am honestly scared, I do all the maintenance you are supposed to do like leave a little bit of gas in them, silicone the O-Rings, they always leak from this specific O-Ring located on the inside on the inlet valve, all of them have the same issue, no other O-Ring has broken or leaked since the time I have had these magazines. I am beginning to think that its Nuprol themselves wanting people to buy the O-Ring refill pack over and over again. According to the shop, I am the only person with this issue, I am not since there were times where I went in and the technician is also changing an O-Ring on a raven mag, they say its just me and I mean... I am a new player, not new but still on beginner level kit and I want to get another and better Gas gun or even go the HPA route but knowing my luck with these O-Rings, everything will leak and the HPA tank will just blow up on me haha.

I don't know if it's only me and I do not know if I should even bother with gas as this is again my first pistol and only pistol right now and I am scared if I get another from a better brand like WE, will they all leak again? Also what are the sizes of the big O-Rings on the inlet valve if that is something you know haha?

Thank you for reading,

ieuan 

Sell it, buy something decent.

You'll never get the mags to work well, cheap rubbish like the gun I’m afraid. IF you keep it, buy some WE mags, much much better and will last.

Be assured it's not you. You don’t need a defence to buy mags, so picking up new or used will be easy

rdb

I had a leaky WE G17 mag via the inlet valve.

Sorted it by giving the o ring a good spaying of silcone and using PTFE tape on the treads to prevent further leaking.

5 minutes ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

I had a leaky WE G17 mag via the inlet valve.

Sorted it by giving the o ring a good spaying of silcone and using PTFE tape on the treads to prevent further leaking.

Yup, but WE mags are orders of magnitude better than Nuprol mags lol

• Supporters

On information and belief, Nuprol is just a sticker on whatever is the absolute cheapest gear from random China-China-China sellers.  Raven is a rebranding of Nuprol, which is poor sign if they won't even tarnish their own "brand".

tl;dr version, buy WE mags.  The ones I've been using in my Army Armament[*] Grock 17 are working fine, at the whopping premium of £1 per mag over Raven/Nuprol equivalents from PatrolBase.

[*] And I've seen a suggestion that the "Ravens" are just rebrandings of the Army Armaments now that they've been forced to remove the Glock trademarks.

3 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Yup, but WE mags are orders of magnitude better than Nuprol mags lol

I tried my friends WE extended mag and it did not work or fit at all...

3 hours ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

PTFE tape on the treads

Wait what? O-Ring then Tape, how does one?

3 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

You don’t need a defence to buy mags, so picking up new or used will be easy

My Dad got a Ukara so I have no worry for a defence at all and I have 4 mags all leak

Very unusual, WE mag should fit yours fine.

If it doesn’t take WE mags, sell it with all the mags and buy a WE, but don’t use it in auto regularly.

Auto pistols just wear out the sears too fast.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, ieuanam said:

That's disappointing and surprising.  The Raven mags that PatrolBase are selling for the EU18 are also explicitly listed as being suitable for WE G17/18/33, so the reverse should be true.  Or at least, the "Europe" guns, I'm not sure if that is significant, or why it would be.

I can confirm that WE G17 mags work just fine in my AA R17 Grock, so if they don't even fit in a Raven, let alone feed, then some shenanigans are in effect.

6 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

sell it with all the mags and buy a WE

Who would want to buy it haha and Ima keep it as its my first pistol haha

Just now, ieuanam said:

Who would want to buy it haha and Ima keep it as its my first pistol haha

This is very true.

Time to look for something else lol

3 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

then some shenanigans are in effect.

Knowing my luck with gas, if I have an HPA tank, ima blow up lmao

Just now, rocketdogbert said:

Time to look for something else lol

Like what?

Just now, ieuanam said:

Why on earth would you use HPA in a Nuprol Raven? 

16 minutes ago, ieuanam said:

Wait what? O-Ring then Tape, how does one?

This is the bit I had a leak from. I gave the o ring a good bit of silicone spray and wrapped a small bit of PTFE tape around the threads. It stopped gas escaping through the threads.

Hope this helps.

71S3HevZLvL._SX355_.jpg

Why on earth would you use HPA in a Nuprol Raven?

Just in general not with a Raven haha

Just now, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

Hope this helps.

How many times did you wrap it and it does thank youu

1 minute ago, ieuanam said:

Just in general not with a Raven haha

How many times did you wrap it and it does thank youu

Just the once. Too much and you won't be able to screw it back in the magazine.

2 minutes ago, ieuanam said:

Like what?

Something decent equality. Minimum I would go with  is a WE, then maybe TM or Armorer Works. Please don’t buy a full auto pistol though, it won’t last no matter what the make is

1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

Something decent equality. Minimum I would go with  is a WE, then maybe TM or Armorer Works. Please don’t buy a full auto pistol though, it won’t last no matter what the make is

Okay thank youuu

Just now, ieuanam said:

Okay thank youuu

I picked up a VFC M&P9 with two mags yesterday for not very much, bargains are out there👍🏻

1 minute ago, ieuanam said:

I'm thinking of a WE Glock 34, would that be good?

Yes, WE are reliable pistols. If you put a mapleleaf barrel & hop in it, it will shoot as well as a TM

Yes, WE are reliable pistols. If you put a mapleleaf barrel & hop in it, it will shoot as well as a TM

Ooh nice, thank youu

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Won't be as gas efficient and will most times break a lot quicker. Also more likely to have feed and cycling issues with the awful feed nozzles some of them have.

But the glocks are way better than most.

Archived