M4 front sight grub screw

Nick G
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guys, does anyone happen to know what thread the securing grub screw on the bottom of an M4 front sight is ? Just got a Warlord one for my L119 and the hole isn't threaded all the way through so I cant tighten it. I have messaged Warlord to ask but still waiting on an answer. Easy enough to run a tap through it once I know what to get. Anyone happen to know ? Thanks in advance

• Supporters

1.5mm is the size of the allen key used to remove it. I don't know if that means the grub screw itself is 1.5mm tho?

No, that's what I'm not sure about. Could be an M1.5 If all else fails I'll pop into my local fastenings place tomorrow with the sight and grub screw. It's the sort of place that keeps just about every bolt known to man and will sell you just 1 if that's all you need, they will probably be able to tell what it is.

If the allen key is 1.5mm then the grub screw will be 3mm. 

Don't go thinking that's how you measure then tho! It's not a ratio. Most good screw stores will have a list of screws in all formats with the drives for those screws listed as well. 

Buying a box of grub screws with various sizes can be beneficial in the long run, Or a box of standard machine screws that you can cut the heads off and slot with a dremel if you are in a pickle.

M3 it is , all tapped now. It was just an issue of the thread not being fully cut, I've got stacks of grub screws, I tent to use the same sizes in the RC modelling.

Thanks guys

Archived