WE G series slides

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I believe it is common practice when repainting a gbb pistol slide to finish with a matt transparent spray that helps reduce wear of the painted surface.

Am I right? If so could somebody kindly direct me to a suitable product?

Would it be worthwhile to give a brand new WE Glock slide a blast of this spray to reduce wear from holster carry? Like the finish on so many pistols, the one on the WE Glocks looks like it would blow off in a high wind. I've heard the expensive licensed Umarex versions may not be much better.

Clearcoat... comes in gloss and matt finishes.

It won't last long on a pistol though. It may prolong the contact points of wear a little longer but not by much.

It'll start to wear and flake, just ends up looking worse than normal wear IMHO.

Cerakote finishes last an age as far as a finish goes but costs a lot too (compared to a rattle can job) and in the case of traditional firearms; many are blued. The latter is not something you really see in airsoft due to a lack of Steel.

Perhaps consider some sort of soft lining for the holster as a compromise.

I guess it depends on how 'pristine ' you want to keep it. My WE pistols, G18 and two 1911's all get regular use in polymer holsters and all have a little wear on the finish , generally on slide edges. I prefer them to look like they get used so am quite happy to let them wear naturally from use. The finish seems reasonably robust TBH but if you don't want any wear to show then a coat or two for a flat varnish should help.

Thanks for the replies and the advice. Clear coat sounds like a waste of time. I'll just leave the slides as they are.

I am not against wear (wear in high spots and edges makes a gun look better).

It's the excessive wear you sometimes see on some WE and KJW pistols I don't care for.

It doesn't look authentic. 

Aluminium Black.

It works on Airsoft slides, chemically changes the surface so a bit more wear resistant, very easy to apply and it makes ally look like blued steel when you’re done. Not a great pic, but this is the barrel of a PX4 I did

95A424D4-D401-4A5C-B853-49A6EE6B1CA7.thumb.jpeg.dfb8aa33471d4c6711f8b0c99a97b6b9.jpeg

Archived