Should I get this little cutie?

Solly4568
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok so I just saw this and I thought it would be compact enough to run as a side arm to my striker. Has any body had any experience with these because they seems to shoot well and I can also use it to make fun of the short people one my team 🤣

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/ares-m45-x-class-ar-pistol-stubby-quick-detach-edition

The idea of this is for breaking it down for carrying for the public transport commuter I think. Seen it on a few shotshow vidoes not sure what to make of it. I wouldn't drop that kinda money sight unseen wait for some in the wild. 

16 minutes ago, E21A said:

Fucking how much!?!? 

Be better off with an ARP9, tried and tested platform and about half the cost. 

yeah on patrol base it is ridiculous but i have seen it around for under 200

• Supporters

Yeah I think its worth a punt. 

I have never been a big fan of ares but their qc on the none rebrand stuff seems to.have improved. Coupled with the fact that it has the slimline motor so the grip will be nicer and being ares the mags will feed properly unlike the arp9.

• Supporters

If your going to use it as a sidearm then it’ll need to be fairly static would you agree ? wether some sort of holster/drop leg or weapon strap holding it in place (wouldn’t have thought you’ll just have it swinging around on a sling ?) then pretty sure I can guarantee once the shits’n’giggles of it wears off You won’t be using it as a sidearm , with a mag that sticks out that much it’s going to keep catching on everything and you’ll either run it as a primary OR leave it in the safezone ! 😉

• Supporters

I wouldn't bother, £340 for a novelty gun, pick up a budget m4 or similar for as little as £80 & make a project of it, piss easy, or look at something like a magpul pdr-c s/h, short hi cap in it & you'll find it very versatile in most roles.

It seems to get good reviews on YouTube but I don't own it myself, nor have I seen it used. 

All I would say is; if you are going to get something like that as a secondary to act as a side arm - is it the most suitable thing in the world? Magazine seems very long and possibly would get in the way, inhibiting a good draw and making it uncomfortable/difficult when holstered?

Have you looked at the HK MP7? Seems a little better suited to the role you have in mind and also somewhat more ergonomically efficient? Plus there are drop holsters made for the system.

Just a little food for thought?

- Sharpe 

Archived