Crazy GBB efficiencies

AK47frizzle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I think this deserves its own topic.

Can't exaggerate enough how crazy it is that one co2 capsule produces this many shots in a GBB pistol:

It started out at around 300 fps and stayed around there for over 100+ shots. Like wtf.

This test was controlled too. From my previous thread: 

The SAI G17 slide, for some reason, cannot achieve the same result - even with a significantly lighter slide. And yet, using the exact same body but with a different slide, it achieves so much more.

Actually, for some reason, the SRU slide with the original WE g18c body, it achieves 10-15 shots less on average than with the SRU slide and the SAI BLU body. I suppose the SAI BLU's body is made just that much better.

Idk, it's just crazy how the G18c - at least my G18c - is better on semi than the G17, whose sole purpose is to be semi-automatic.

I have a WE Archives G35 slide on the way which should tonnes lighter than the SRU slide. I will be expecting at least 130 shots. Results in roughly about a weeks time.

• Supporters

Fitment between slide and frame (plus material types, surface finishes, wear etc) will do a lot in terms of dictating friction and in a system as low-powered as GBB airsoft, friction will make a fairly substantial difference in this context I'd expect.

As I predicted, with the g35 slide, this bad boi can shoot 130+ shots on a single co2 capsule:

Wasn't the smoothest 133 shots and it could've achieved more if I gave more time to rest.

However, it was very mag dependant: I have 3 co2 mags. The one I used for the SRU slide 118 shots test has an ra tech steel cap to differentiate it. I used a different co2 mag first and only achieved 106 shots. I tried again and 108. I thought it maybe had to warm up, but that wasn't the case as I used more co2 capsules. I was starting to think that maybe the SRU had better tolerances than the archives g35 slide. But, I then decided to use the steel cap mag that I used for the SRU and wtf... it kept performing 130 after 130 and I wasn't sure why until I had a look at the valves. Turns out the rotation of the circular 4 ports is very important. For best results, having one port directly above the gas routers is optimal.

I may try shortening the nozzle spring so that the blowback starts earlier and maybe that'll net a few more shots. 6 mags (156 shots) will probably not be possible but modding it to squeeze a few more shots will definitely help the lower temperatures.

Moral of the story: get a valve key kids.

Archived