VFC Avalon Gladius DFC or EMG Saliant Arms

TommoThomson
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all I'm after some advice for a friend on a couple of RIFs that they have seen, but I can't find any real feed back on one of them as to whether it's good, bad or anything in between. 

The one we would really like some advice on is the VFC Avalon Gladius DFC, that land warrior is selling. 

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-rifles-c38/electric-rifles-c45/vfc-avalon-gladius-dx-urban-gray-second-hand-p9667

What we can't find out is are they any good or should they be avoided like the plague. 

Another one his interested in is the EMG Saliant Arms, we have found a lot of info on this one and he likes both but his not sure which way to jump and is looking for some advice please. 

https://airsoftimports.co.uk/collections/aeg/products/emg-salient-arms-licensed-gry-ar15-m4-cqb-aeg-with-pdw-stock-gray-refurbished

• Supporters

The VFC Avalon is a highly rated gun in the states, not very common in these parts. My buddy was going to get one, but decided it wasn’t worth the gamble. The externals are very good, internals are average.

The EMG SAI is just expensive for what it is. Looks different I’ll give you, but expensive.

Both of these guns are refurbished second hand, and still cost a lot of money. I would suggest either buying new for the warranty or spending a lot less so if something does go wrong, there is money in the budget to spend on repairs.

Why is your buddy looking at specifically these two?

It was more that he liked the looks of these, his looking for a good platform to start with and work from there and was thinking that the EMG SAI looked good due to the upgrades. 

If you have any suggestions he would be all ears, he likes SCARS as well and is open to anything that uses M4 mags as I have a MK2 Trident PDW

• Supporters

There are literally hundreds of RIFs that will use STANAG mags. 

Visually, everyone likes different things. 

What sort of budget? What sort  of site does he play? Does he want light and short? Heavy and long? Brand? 

There are tonnes of choices, once he’s narrowed down all of this it’s a lot easier to help out. 

We play Magfed paintball and are trying airsoft purly because they have moved all the milsim events up north. 

So as there are loads of airsoft events near us we figured we should give it ago. 

For paintball we both use a T15 and his looks similar to the Saliant arms. 

His ideally looking for a DMR style, but without the punch of a DMR purely because we tend to end up in the thick of it and he doesn't want to running that higher velocity due to that. 

Make wise his open to ideas, I have a Krytac and he likes that but it's too short for him. 

TM is a make he likes and his also looked at some WE scars, he has a limited edition Maxtact SCAR and that's another reason why he has been looking at these. 

We are gonna go AEG with out RIFs purely because we tinker and play with them more, whereas anything running in air means you run out of air before you finish tinkering 😂

• Supporters

I have the TM Scar L, it’s a solid running RIF, and even after all the abuse I have given it, it still runs flawlessly.  If your budget stretches to TM recoil. I would highly recommend any of their RIFs. 

As for anything else, I find that no matter what you get, it will work differently than others who have the same RIF

(Posting slightly intoxicated, so apologies if it doesn’t make sense) 

No that actually makes sense, we see it with paintball just because you have the same thing doesn't mean it will work in the same way. 

Internals can be different so impact how things work, then if your 68cal ball has any imperfection that can send your round to the back of beyond. 

Then you have your barrels and your air source, all impact what you are trying to do. Which is normal hit what you are shooting at and hope you can hit and move on without being seen and hit by someone else 😂

Archived