Best AEG for £600?

igotfips
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

tbh an arp is a perfectly capable gun as-is, you don't need anything else if you've got one of those and a drum mag full of .3's.

however, given that this is a hobby about wants if you want to splash the cash then go ahead.

barrel length doesn't do that much for airsoft and for outdoor sites it shouldn't be underrated having a light gun that you can run around with all day.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking to purchase an AEG have around £600 to spend wondering what’s the best to go for? That’s £600 just for the gun as well I have a budget of around £200 set aside for accessories. Any help is welcome as to what gun is best and/or best accessories (obviously dependant on gun). Cheers.  

17 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

3 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Started drinking quite early yesterday I see, OP :D

I just can’t decide lads, it’s a mess online trying find a gun there’s fecking loads ahah 

Decide what style of gun you like first. Nobody can do that for you.

Then spend your budget, buy new, buy standard, have fun.

Accessories always, always mags, batteries and a charger

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I mean, let's cut to the chase... 

If you want to spend a good size chunk of money on a gun and have the best stock AEG on the market.. get a Marui NGRS.

They're all the same inside so pick the one you like the look of most.

MK18:

tm_Mk18_02.jpg

SOPMOD:

products-tokyo-marui-no.03-sopmod-m4-rec

CQB-R:

maxresdefault.jpg

SOCOM:

TM-M4A1-SOCOM-1L.jpg

416 Delta:

tokyo-marui-hk416-delta-custom-2_1.jpg

tokyo-marui-416-delta-custom-black-2.jpg

416 Devgru:

Tokyo_Marui_AEG_Rifle_HK416D_TM-AEGR-HK4

416-C:

TOKYO_MARUI_HK416C_CUSTOM_AEG_001-1138x6

And there's some others.. SCARs, G36, AKs etc

Drop the cash and leave it alone.

If you're going to open it up and replace all the innards, get something else.

Have you had chance to play/experience airsoft yet? If not then I'd strongly advise renting for your first few games to establish whether or not you enjoy the hobby and wish to invest.

We'll assume that you've decided to outfit yourself with something resembling decent safety equipment, given the chunk of change you're throwing into your AEG so we'll skip that one.

To put it bluntly you need to work out your own criteria. Most of us can recommend guns till we're the blue in the face but it's important to establish your needs and your wants. I'd suggest writing down a list of features you're looking for in a gun and then attempting to prioritise said features accordingly. This can be items such as RIS/RAS systems, folding/collapsing/adjustable stocks, preferences on barrel lengths etc. I'd also suggest looking at which firearms you actually like the look of, at the end of the day you're the one who'll be using it and looking at it so it's important that you like it (silly question I know but people seem to forget this when hunting for "best").

Finally I'd strongly advise trying to handle any type of gun before purchasing, what works for one person won't necessarily work for you.

• Supporters

• Head Moderator

Moderator Message

Topics merged (see forum rules regarding duplicate posts)

• Supporters
3 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Have you had chance to play/experience airsoft yet?

I'm inferring that he's played once or twice and is currently buzzing from the adrenaline, convinced that he'll love airsoft for ever, and is busily spending his house deposit / wedding fund / kids' inheritance on the very bestest toy guns.

Nothing wrong with that, it's how "barely used" high spec guns end up in the classifieds, but it might be as well to start off with a G&G or what-not and play for six months or so before maxing out the credit card.

12 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I'm inferring that he's played once or twice and is currently buzzing from the adrenaline, convinced that he'll love airsoft for ever, and is busily spending his house deposit / wedding fund / kids' inheritance on the very bestest toy guns.

Nothing wrong with that, it's how "barely used" high spec guns end up in the classifieds, but it might be as well to start off with a G&G or what-not and play for six months or so before maxing out the credit card.

In reply to your mock comment I’m 20 and am fortunate enough to not worry about spending a couple grand on play guns and army gear to play a game of shooting BB’s. 

• Head Moderator
12 hours ago, igotfips said:

am fortunate enough to not worry about spending a couple grand on play guns and army gear to play a game of shooting BB’s. 

I believe in buy the best you can afford; buy quality and buy once.  Then spend some more as you find even better kit that you need/want.  If you have the budget then do not worry, do the research and make an informed choice. Enjoy the hobby. 

P.S.  just buy a TM recoil (but not in tan because they look crap), it is a good starter gun.

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, igotfips said:

In reply to your mock comment I’m 20 and am fortunate enough to not worry about spending a couple grand on play guns and army gear to play a game of shooting BB’s. 

Nothing wrong with going high end to start, the whole starter gun thing in my mind is just how much you choose to spend.

I have never bought low end guns for personal use and know a lot of players who haven't either. It is your cash just buy whatever you like.

As already mentioned if you have the budget buy a tm as it is a perfect first gun, works well with no fuss which is what a first gun should do.

9 minutes ago, igotfips said:

chip on your shoulder much he never said anything about your age. 

If your so fortunate to not care about wasting money then buy what you want and if you don't like it or it doesn't perform how you expect you can try again with your endless bank account. 

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Musica said:

chip on your shoulder much he never said anything about your age. 

If your so fortunate to not care about wasting money then buy what you want and if you don't like it or it doesn't perform how you expect you can try again with your endless bank account. 

To be fair he might be a bit defensive after the replies so far.

1 minute ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

To be fair he might be a bit defensive after the replies so far.

par for the course asking for advice on here you get it but at what cost! 🤣

It's healthy advice to caution leaping in to a new hobby with the wallet open. It's his money to do with as he wants and hes reached a point where most high end guns are a much of a much and he doesn't need advice so much as it's not like the difference between a CYMA P90 and a G&G CM16 is the same as the difference between a Krytac MK2, a VFC avalon or KWA ronin. They all perform basically the same with some unique features or lack of features in some way (which can be a bonus if you don't want EBB for example) 

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Musica said:

par for the course asking for advice on here you get it but at what cost! 🤣

It's healthy advice to caution leaping in to a new hobby with the wallet open. It's his money to do with as he wants and hes reached a point where most high end guns are a much of a much and he doesn't need advice so much as it's not like the difference between a CYMA P90 and a G&G CM16 is the same as the difference between a Krytac MK2, a VFC avalon or KWA ronin. They all perform basically the same with some unique features or lack of features in some way (which can be a bonus if you don't want EBB for example) 

There is huge differences , maybe not in performance but definitely in build quality (which eventually impacts performance). There are very few good airsoft guns and lots of dogs and that doesn't change just because you spend more. 

As for caution you are speaking to the wrong person my toys from first to last have all ended up in the silly bracket. 

7 hours ago, igotfips said:

Looking to purchase an AEG have around £600 to spend wondering what’s the best to go for? That’s £600 just for the gun as well I have a budget of around £200 set aside for accessories. Any help is welcome as to what gun is best and/or best accessories (obviously dependant on gun). Cheers.  

Potentially you could think about changing the split to more like 500 and 300. If you get a marui recoil for about 450 then you would be left with 350 for extras. In my opinion 600 is a lot for a gun and though 200 would set you up easily enough, you could spend a lot more than that on different clothing and equipment. 

If you find you like playing and want to carry on, you will more than likely want to spend a lot more money on stuff other than guns. 

What I'm getting at is if you'll still be in a fortunate position financially at that point then keep your 600 200 budget. But if it's not something you'll be willing to splash out on again later even if you like it then you might want to think about gear a bit more. 

TM 4th gen - insert favoured look/system here (SCAR-HK416d/c/devgru/delta-SopMod)

I own a TM HK416 DevGru. I got it as my fist rif in Jan and it performs brilliantly. 

- Sharpe. 

• Supporters
35 minutes ago, Resistor170 said:

Potentially you could think about changing the split to more like 500 and 300. If you get a marui recoil for about 450 then you would be left with 350 for extras. In my opinion 600 is a lot for a gun and though 200 would set you up easily enough, you could spend a lot more than that on different clothing and equipment. 

If you find you like playing and want to carry on, you will more than likely want to spend a lot more money on stuff other than guns. 

What I'm getting at is if you'll still be in a fortunate position financially at that point then keep your 600 200 budget. But if it's not something you'll be willing to splash out on again later even if you like it then you might want to think about gear a bit more. 

Not everybody is into playing dress up. I have been playing for years and all the gear I have bought comes to less than the price of a single one of my guns.

Never seen a player do well in a game because he looked pretty.

15 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Not everybody is into playing dress up. I have been playing for years and all the gear I have bought comes to less than the price of a single one of my guns.

Never seen a player do well in a game because he looked pretty.

I also have the same mindset about the clothing, I have spent no more than 300 quid on clothing with 55 of it on Bolle goggles and 25 on mechanix gloves the rest was MTL from a local army clothing store and a cheap 60 quid pair of boot. Also 100 quid on a plate carrier a couple mag pouches 

Archived