Looking for gun advice:

Ollgeeze
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

6 minutes ago, Ollgeeze said:

Blimey. Started something off here.. Interesting debate though.

I looked at that G&G AK and looked great until I looked at some reviews. As a rule which manufacturer makes the best stock guns? I really have no idea what I should be looking at there seems to be so many manufacturers. 

Depends on what model you're looking for. Best for AKs are a toss up between LCT, E&L and Real Sword. All have strengths and weaknesses but they are all quality. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

To be honest any physics calculations regarding a bb flight go out the window in the real world. Air temperature and flow are impossible to calculate for because whether wind outdoors or breezes indoors everything is unstable. A light breeze in the woods to us is a maelstrom to a bb.

Oh for sure, there's no wind twigs or tm fairy dust in those calcations.

Its mainly for highlighting the point that energy alone isnt the be all and end all for range.

13 hours ago, Ollgeeze said:

Blimey. Started something off here.. Interesting debate though.

I looked at that G&G AK and looked great until I looked at some reviews. As a rule which manufacturer makes the best stock guns? I really have no idea what I should be looking at there seems to be so many manufacturers. 

Straight dope is there's no best. Airsoft is great but lowering your expectations will help mitigate future frustration! Eg: i got a jg g36,popular gun often used as a rental bla bla... shoots 230fps with a .2! Oh well! TIA - this is airsoft ;)

I'd advise you get this: it's an LCT who make good AK's, so its very solid, it's compact, and it has a RAS so you can fit grips optics lights lasers all that fun stuff:

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/lct-tx-74un-with-m4-sliding-stock-airsoft-gun-aeg

.. now i quite want one myself!

What ever you decide, I would advise you start saving ASAP for another AEG. You really need to have 2 as a gun going down for the most part is a matter of when, not if.

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Its mainly for highlighting the point that energy alone isnt the be all and end all for range

Effective range, certainly. If I see anyone claiming that, I'll join in the kicking.  I'd agree, in fact I'd recommend, that any tinkering with an airsoft toy start outside the gearbox: hop unit, rubber and barrel, battery connector.

However, all that any airsoft toy does to the BB is puff, spin and point.  The last two give you accuracy, the ability to lift heavier BBs, and a flat trajectory to the end of your range, which is what you want most of the time.  Ultimately though, if we're talking the maximum possible range, then producing the maximum permissible puff is also necessary.

2 hours ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

Eg: i got a jg g36,popular gun often used as a rental bla bla... shoots 230fps with a .2!

That ain't right. Air leak?  Is it one with an adjustable spring tension?  Have you got it wound on?

On that, I think that adjustable spring tension is the future.  You can dial in as close as you like to site limits, and keep it there.

2 hours ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

I would advise you start saving ASAP for another AEG. You really need to have 2 as a gun going down for the most part is a matter of when, not if

So say we all. :(

3 hours ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

I'd advise you get this: it's an LCT who make good AK's, so its very solid, it's compact, and it has a RAS so you can fit grips optics lights lasers all that fun stuff:

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/lct-tx-74un-with-m4-sliding-stock-airsoft-gun-aeg

.. now i quite want one myself!

This is exactly what I'm looking for!

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

That ain't right. Air leak?  Is it one with an adjustable spring tension?  Have you got it wound on?

Probably - and no its just a standard TM clone. Gonna have the usual mosfet and deans done to it so will see what the tech says. TIA!!

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Effective range, certainly. If I see anyone claiming that, I'll join in the kicking.  I'd agree, in fact I'd recommend, that any tinkering with an airsoft toy start outside the gearbox: hop unit, rubber and barrel, battery connector.

However, all that any airsoft toy does to the BB is puff, spin and point.  The last two give you accuracy, the ability to lift heavier BBs, and a flat trajectory to the end of your range, which is what you want most of the time.  Ultimately though, if we're talking the maximum possible range, then producing the maximum permissible puff is also necessary.

Agreed, my general line of reccommendations goes along the lines of ammo, hop, barrel, air seals, fps

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Agreed, my general line of reccommendations goes along the lines of ammo, hop, barrel, air seals, fps

The bigger the better right?

maxresdefault.jpg

For OP if your looking at an AK comparision between a reccomendend low end ak to a mid teir ak. Spoilers they perform pretty similar just one has better externals.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Musica said:

The bigger the better right?

maxresdefault.jpg

For OP if your looking at an AK comparision between a reccomendend low end ak to a mid teir ak. Spoilers they perform pretty similar just one has better externals.

Actually on a gas blowback or an hpa a longer barrel does lead to higher fps if its running the right settings and the pressure doesnt change.

Its why i get tetchy when i see pistols with suppressors attatched because if its hiding a longer barrel it can be very powerful indeed.

Archived